A whole thread to announce absolutely nothing-good job Kabam

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
No I'm just saying... that Rebalance post of Serpant and Destroyer says a whole lotta nothing at all...

Serpant-no change
Deatroyer-no change
What's next? Spider punk and Prowler rebalance info next month
Nooooo really... be surprised guys.
We've used to have the champs actually getting changes, and actually having something to look forward to as you know, the next thing in What's next? Like a buff

Now there's nothing, I feel this is a reccuring trend

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

are you complaining they’re releasing balanced champs

Spider Punk could use a slight damage bump but I think he's an alright champ.
    Serpent on the other hand...
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I think they’ve fumbled this one. Spider-Punk is heavily undertuned and his damage stat is supposed to be a 4.5/5 according to the balance team. Guarantee they’ll see he’s being used everywhere in the game and is seeing healthy usage or some bs
    I am the primary offender of using him everywhere healthily so I apologize if this happens

Buttehrs said:

So your mad they're telling us they aren't making any changes? Would you rather they not say anything at all? Not sure what the point of this post was.

Cuz these notes always come so late and says nothing at all, there's nothing to look forward to, and normally in psst years they'd be like:since we won't make any changes to these champs, we are gonna buff X...
    Now you don't get even that

Which is weird considering Crashed said a few reworks are planned for the remain of 2024
    Those are probably surprises.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    1) yeah it sucks there have been no tune down or buffs for champs released this year. Especially when champs like serpent feel overturned but because there are a few counters it makes it alright?

2) if they never made a post, regardless if no real change is given, people would complain about the lack of communication

3) in the past, when neither champs would be buffed, they would post about upcoming changes to old champs. However since saga started, during the announcement of the superior iron man buff, they have stated already they will not be disclosing any upcoming buffs on old champs through these posts anymore and will only announce it during the patch notes shortly before their release.

This is because of two things. Every saga they will focus on doing one big buff on a champ, the first was superior iron man. I’m not sure if nightcrawler counts as one of them but as far as i am aware sim was the first. This meant that tune ups for other older champs who just need a slight kit update will not be made prioritise as a promised schedule and can happen at any time, so announcing a date for them would be hard. We were hinted at a couple of upcoming tune ups tho through the recent live stream with vega.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

So your mad they're telling us they aren't making any changes? Would you rather they not say anything at all? Not sure what the point of this post was.

Cuz these notes always come so late and says nothing at all, there's nothing to look forward to, and normally in psst years they'd be like:since we won't make any changes to these champs, we are gonna buff X...

Which is weird considering Crashed said a few reworks are planned for the remain of 2024
    Those are probably surprises.
    Sure but idk... they say "What's next" only to announce nothing for next... they said we will get rebalance info next month but might as well said that tommorow the sun will rise
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

You can't have it both ways. In the old days long before any rebalance programs they wouldn't say anything at all and just change champs when they wanted. No one got prior notifications or changes, good or bad. You'd rather go back to that? Either they make a post once a month stating whether they make changes or not, or they make zero posts and just change things when they feel like it. Take your pick.
  • CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Member Posts: 74
    If the champions were balanced they would be just as good as offensive as defensive and no champion is balanced especially the new ones they are so defensive focus or mid to average offensive

Reminds me of that one time when they announced the Psycho dude buff, only to increase his heal block duration by 1 or 2 seconds.

Or the Iron Man Infinity War Buff, the first Ebony Maw buff, and so on
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

I think they’ve fumbled this one. Spider-Punk is heavily undertuned and his damage stat is supposed to be a 4.5/5 according to the balance team. Guarantee they’ll see he’s being used everywhere in the game and is seeing healthy usage or some bs
    I am the primary offender of using him everywhere healthily so I apologize if this happens
    Aha I’m glad you enjoy him. I think he’s fun, but he’s definitely not hitting the damage stat the balance team put up and the high sig requirement just makes me not want to use him. There’s so many good sciences out there
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

Aha I’m glad you enjoy him. I think he’s fun, but he’s definitely not hitting the damage stat the balance team put up and the high sig requirement just makes me not want to use him. There’s so many good sciences out there
    I agree with you on all of your points but he does absolutely clap in unexpected ways which I cannot explain.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    Not sure why anyone is surprised by serpent staying as is...
    They advertised him and designed him as a top defender in this game.
    If he can be nuked consistently in 40s or less then it wouldn't be much of a defender.
    If we had no hard defenders then bg and war would be only who can kill faster... and that will put the game into a decline when it is all bout memorised action/reactions and who can do it faster. Even top level players will be bored if AW is consistently zero deaths because defenders are all simple and straight forward. I guarantee you the same people calling Kabam as incompetent or stupid for Serpent/Enchantress release will be saying the same thing if we had Groots and Beast level defenders. Even slightly annoying champs Aarkus or Toad isn't up to being a serious defender as they all have easy counters.

Bullseye only got adjusted as there was a mechanic that wasn't intended to punish when they were not being hit and they took out the bleed while dexing from basic attacks as it is completely illogical.

Maybe i'm getting old and not got the hand eye coordination like i used to be playing competitive CS in beta/1.6 era.. but i know i cannot compete on that level with kids in their 20s. Game knowledge and risk mitigation is part of this game and not just a reaction / input battle like FPS or RPGs like Starcraft/Warcraft. The RNG nature of this game plus some of the intricacies like Serpent and Enchantress is what makes this game interesting for me. I know not everyone has the same view.. and thats ok.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Irony thread of the week and it is only Wednesday? Well played.

Literally.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

DNA3000 said:

Irony thread of the week and it is only Wednesday? Well played.

Shortest DNA reply I’ve seen yet?
    Nah he's done a one word reply before. Somewhere.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    Do devs even play the game? How can someone in the right mind see what he did in the previous meta, where he got a 30 sec immortality and like 12 bars of power, unless you use one of the 3 neutralize champs, where even two of them has 25% chance to fail, and thought he would be healthy for the game.

Atleast reducing his AAR would've made a significant impact. Or nerfing his power gain, or even just allowing us to nullify his death immunity, or atleast making it a indestructible buff allowed abs man to do the fight. But look, he is a healthy defender.

They be trollin us lmao.

Forget about spider punk, sable is staying the same because some nuthead r3ed him and did a r1 photon in 45 sec. Working as* intended.

If she’s staying the same,

I’m leaving