Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Wow. I can’t believe Kabam has decided Serpent isn’t overturned and ridiculous. No changes to how he interacts with nodes and no changes to be able to take him down with more competitive scores. The rebalance program is a farce and a joke.

The rebalance program was never indicated to be a nerf machine. It's entirely dependent on what their goals for specific Champs are, and they've never severely altered any Champs since the current program has begun.
    Some Champs are just stronger than others at some aspects, and that's always been the case. I've seen a number of Champs that have been called too powerful over the years, and within 6 months time, people were so used to fighting them that they were scarcely challenging anymore.
    GW back to harvesting disagrees I see.

Anyways, let me point out the obvious (for most people who actually play the game at least). No defender who has ever been called too powerful since the game's inception was objectively as powerful as Serpent is, you're out of your mind.
    That's dramatic.
    There are players that are better at the game than you'll ever be and they're saying the exact same things, nothing about this is dramatic, this is the most overpowered defender we have ever had in the game hands down and anyone who thinks otherwise is either just sucking off the devs or plays the game once a week.
    Okay, that's inappropriate.
    They said they're happy with the way he's performing. I'm sure they're aware of their game and their future objectives more than we are.
    I didn't say he wasn't strong. I said we've overcome every Champ that people had histrionics over.
    So feel free to flail your arms in the air. I'm sure the game will survive. If it was game-breaking, he wouldn't be left in the game in his current state.
    I highly disagree with this. I don’t know if you’ve ever tuned into a livestream but devs have openly admitted they don’t have the skill or play in high tier stakes or end game. A lot of the content creators that do play higher tier and hit celestial have made comments about how disgusting and busted of a defender Serpent is. I would trust the word of celestial tier, tier 1 war content creators more than I ever would the devs. If the devs want to call me out and say I’m wrong that’s fine but they never come out and talk about their viewpoint on the game. I see the content creators daily doing the BG grinds, the war grinds, and creating tier lists for everyone so I 100% take their word that Serpent is busted over thinking the devs know 100% what’s healthy for the game.
    You're mistaken. There are Devs that play at high levels. To say they don't know their own game is just plain ignorant.
    Ok so I guess the content creators that play daily at a high level are just wrong?
    I didn't say that either.
    To be honest, it isn't my decision. Nor is it yours, or the content creators. It's Kabam's decision based on how they want certain Champs to perform, which is why I said as much. Feedback is important, yes. Ultimately the decision is theirs. They're not blind to the game. If they said they're not touching him because he's performing as they intended, then that's pretty self-explanatory.
    They said the same with Kate as well, another most broken champ.
    Kate isn’t broken. She’s also 6* locked now so…
    Don't remind me of the communities massive fumble
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 373 ★★★
    I think the comparison of Kate vs Serpent situations is interesting and it made me think of a very practical implication for Kabam and the community. If they release an OP attacker, there’s a long-term “cost” for Kabam — they have to design content around the exceptional abilities of those champs. I can only assume that takes more time and effort.

By contrast, when they release OP defenders, it doesn’t seem like it impacts their operations. The defenders only add cost for the players because we have to deal with them in PvP modes.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,997 ★★★★★
    KLZ said:

No problem here, i've been banning him from the start...

Maybe that’s the best approach a community boycott were we all stop using him in BGs defense or just unilaterally ban him
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 72
    Emilia90 said:

Vinnie07 said:

Vinnie07 said:

The rebalancing program basically only exists to stop another Hercules from happening in the game, with only a couple scenarios where it's been useful such as with Shuri. This decision feels very predatory ngl, because most likely later this year, they'll release a perfect serpent counter that shuts off everything he does, and a lot of people will probably spend some money so that they don't have to deal with serpent anymore.

Pretty sure someone from Kabam said that's not happening and they acknowledged the situation with Galan and Peni where he made her completely irrelevant on defense was too much, can't remember if it was Crashed or DLL or someone else but I'm 99% sure someone said it in a livestream.
    If that's true then it's sort of comforting i guess. Btw do you have any idea when this was said? Because just this year kabam released patriot (perfect photon counter) and negasonic (perfect bullseye counter). And i know that these 2 champs aren't considered to be the best in the game by any means, but the fact is that they basically shut off any mechanics that make those defenders tough at all.
    I can't remember when exactly or where, but I'm positive it was mentioned and so far it has been true. While we do have Patriot and Negasonic, the issue is the damage is lacking on both, so while they are solid counters they just can't really compete at high level for the most part therefore it feels like a hard counter only for people in lower leagues in VT at least when it comes to BGs. They feel more like training wheels rather than hard counters.
    Imma do some storm glazing here but idk why we needed Negasonic when storm does mostly everything she can way faster lmao. The true og skill counter
    having storm and ntw at r2, storm is so much better
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited August 29
    They trying to get rid of herc, i can see it
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

I think the comparison of Kate vs Serpent situations is interesting and it made me think of a very practical implication for Kabam and the community. If they release an OP attacker, there’s a long-term “cost” for Kabam — they have to design content around the exceptional abilities of those champs. I can only assume that takes more time and effort.

By contrast, when they release OP defenders, it doesn’t seem like it impacts their operations. The defenders only add cost for the players because we have to deal with them in PvP modes.

Kabam seems to think "you're not wasting $100 on an Attacker that got nerfed, you're just using them wrong" but thinks that "its not fair to waste $100 on a Defender that got nerfed, and since it is entirely dependent on Kabam's AI".

All that is to say, I fully expect Enchantress to be untouched as well.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 946 ★★★★
    Well all I can say is that, there was once a time where we barely see any communication from the Community team, all moderators does was deleting post the Kabam doesn't like, game was full of input issues and unbalanced Champions that were too OP, overtune with too many abilities (including the kitchen sink).

So glad we pass those dark days especially since Kabam Jax join and the Rebalance program was introduced.

Now what is the rebalance plan with this Serpent champion that I hear about, what happen to all of the posts about it, sure seem a lot more 🤔 and where is Jax?

🤣🤣🤣
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,323 ★★★★★

Silver sable titan pullers are now sweating hard

We are
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

Well all I can say is that, there was once a time where we barely see any communication from the Community team, all moderators does was deleting post the Kabam doesn't like, game was full of input issues and unbalanced Champions that were too OP, overtune with too many abilities (including the kitchen sink).

So glad we pass those dark days especially since Kabam Jax join and the Rebalance program was introduced.

Now what is the rebalance plan with this Serpent champion that I hear about, what happen to all of the posts about it, sure seem a lot more 🤔 and where is Jax?

🤣🤣🤣

Jax has left kabam
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

🤣🤣🤣

Jax left in July
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 539 ★★★★
    edited August 29
    OK, my threads got closed, let me post my suggestion for Serpent:
    • He pushes opponent to the corner after SP3, this is horrible because in war even if you took a IV boost or you just survived from the SP3, he will keep attack you in the corner and keep getting power, eventually kill you. I believe Serpent is the only one that pushing opponent to corner after SP3, I don't understand why he is so unique, giving he can auto-gain power, this is a overkill.

• His awakening ability: he can gain power while death immunity is triggered, and he can still get the power gain buffer, so he can be totally out of control when those two power gain add up. It will be much better if he can't get his regular power gain buffer when death immunity triggered.
    I believe he is still a good defender even if these two abilities were changed.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Wow. I can’t believe Kabam has decided Serpent isn’t overturned and ridiculous. No changes to how he interacts with nodes and no changes to be able to take him down with more competitive scores. The rebalance program is a farce and a joke.

The rebalance program was never indicated to be a nerf machine. It's entirely dependent on what their goals for specific Champs are, and they've never severely altered any Champs since the current program has begun.
    Some Champs are just stronger than others at some aspects, and that's always been the case. I've seen a number of Champs that have been called too powerful over the years, and within 6 months time, people were so used to fighting them that they were scarcely challenging anymore.

Anyways, let me point out the obvious (for most people who actually play the game at least). No defender who has ever been called too powerful since the game's inception was objectively as powerful as Serpent is, you're out of your mind.
    That's dramatic.
    There are players that are better at the game than you'll ever be and they're saying the exact same things, nothing about this is dramatic, this is the most overpowered defender we have ever had in the game hands down and anyone who thinks otherwise is either just sucking off the devs or plays the game once a week.
    I think the most frustrating part is I expect them to not listen to the community. There was a little backlash over bullseye and photon not being changed, but serpent is on a whole other level. The posts made within the last few weeks already prove that. But I guess their DaTa is fully accurate and shows that serpent is super balanced and fair 🤓
    Lmao I'm willing to bet their data shows he wasn't getting many kills in BGs, not because he sucks but because he's banned 9 times out of 10.
    I truly don't expect anything from Kabam anymore this year, this has to be possibly one of the worst years for mcoc, not the worst but one of. Some might disagree, some might agree, but personally it has been nothing but disappointment for me since February.
    The year when 12.0 released was worse, but this is close.

However we can only hope for the best, and hope that the next mystics released can counter him
    12.0 was a necessary change for the games longevity
    Sure it may have, but were you not around for when it was released and the outrage of the community?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

That's dramatic.
    I think the most frustrating part is I expect them to not listen to the community. There was a little backlash over bullseye and photon not being changed, but serpent is on a whole other level. The posts made within the last few weeks already prove that. But I guess their DaTa is fully accurate and shows that serpent is super balanced and fair 🤓
    Lmao I'm willing to bet their data shows he wasn't getting many kills in BGs, not because he sucks but because he's banned 9 times out of 10.
    I truly don't expect anything from Kabam anymore this year, this has to be possibly one of the worst years for mcoc, not the worst but one of. Some might disagree, some might agree, but personally it has been nothing but disappointment for me since February.
    The year when 12.0 released was worse, but this is close.

However we can only hope for the best, and hope that the next mystics released can counter him
    12.0 was a necessary change for the games longevity
    Sure it may have, but were you not around for when it was released and the outrage of the community?
    It is not close.
    Lmao I just realized that 😂
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

At least he keeps it real straight from the thumbnail
    Lol yea I know he gets criticized for being way too negative tho I find that his opinions are usually based he just exaggerates tf out of his reactions. Probably for content.
  • TeddersTedders Member Posts: 139 ★★
    I bet some of the upcoming champs are going to be hard serpent counters, that the only reason they didn't rebalance him
    Tedders said:

I bet some of the upcoming champs are going to be hard serpent counters, that the only reason they didn't rebalance him

I’m guessing Shathra will be one of those
    BigBlueOx said:

Tedders said:

lol yeah like Negasonic hard counters Bullseye 🤣
    She counters him but isn’t super fast
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,997 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

BigBlueOx said:

Tedders said:

lol yeah like Negasonic hard counters Bullseye 🤣
    She counters him but isn’t super fast
    Come on 80 second take downs are blazing fast. 😅

I often see time equated as a BGs only concern but it transcends this game mode. The faster a win is the lower the risk is of the overpowered AI causing issues and ruining a perfect fight. Speed to win is a general utility, it just matters more in BGs, I wish the designs started to account for this again.