Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,082 ★★★★★
    Guys it’s hard to read all 14 sites, especially when there is no signal if a mod commented on this thread.

Do we still have the same status quo? What about discord?
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48
    NüΚΞ said:

A good chunk of Vegas videos were unduped serpent. At least 3 of the duped serpent fight has crazy luck because he went to three bars of power and DIDNT drop the special though there were gaps where it could happen. If anything his video strengthened the argument for a nerf if you watched the fights carefully.

There is no skill in a defender having a death immunity and big power gain that is guaranteed outside of neutralize with a high percentage than serpents 125%. You have to save relic ten hit combo and drop a special to HOPE he dies.

He has so many resistances that his big 25-30% heal on death immunity is like fighting a nick fury second life but nick fury is almost guaranteed to have an sp3. You can’t dex his specials, he has pierce so if you don’t go the route of the 10-hit combo w/ relic and special you have to pray that the ai cooperates to throw specials you can’t dex take crazy block damage to finish out the fight.

Andy talked about tigra, which many don’t know how to use at that level.

He is doable and many finish with pretty good health. It’s just not fun, doesn’t make you feel like your skill is being rewarded, and fights that steal that from the player base are…. Toxic.

Add many of the BG GC nodes and he is almost a guaranteed win. Yeah you can ban, yeah in war he is doable. It’s just not a fun addition. We haven’t seen him in any content but I could have sworn I heard serpents name in the live stream for future content. Not directly saying he is a boss but in the animations his name gets dropped.

Anyways long rant. I could accept Serpent BS no tune down if Kabam was more vigilant, honest, open, active about the state of the ai. To me it’s the most toxic part of the game right now. I would love a live stream where 5 min was given to their future approach and direction with the ai. That would establish my faith in some ways.

Tigra is a decent counter but Tigra can't take down a R3 serpent under 70 seconds, Fin did the same fight against Andrew's R3 serpent with the perfect AI one could wish for, still took him 76, that too without activating death immunity
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★

Guys it’s hard to read all 14 sites, especially when there is no signal if a mod commented on this thread.

I’m not on discord but so far in this post they haven’t said a word. I’d assume we’d have heard about them saying something on discord by now too unless they just said something like 30 seconds ago lol

I’m not on discord but so far in this post they haven’t said a word. I’d assume we’d have heard about them saying something on discord by now too unless they just said something like 30 seconds ago lol
    Hi, “im not on discord” - I am Fitty ☺️

Okay buddy thanks !

Well that wasn’t very cash money of you.

I am not really aware of this English proverbs (German summoner here). It was not meant in a harsh way mate ✌🏻

I am not really aware of this English proverbs (German summoner here). It was not meant in a harsh way mate ✌🏻
    Oh lol don’t worry about it, cash money is a meme reference, I wasn’t actually mad lol just making a bad joke. Have a good day

Oh lol don’t worry about it, cash money is a meme reference, I wasn’t actually mad lol just making a bad joke. Have a good day
    Haha you too thanks !!
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,998 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

Yeah the word “kinda” tells me her damage source is burst but she’s equipped utility wise to beat him in 90+ seconds. Here’s hoping I’m wrong but I doubt it
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

Yeah the word “kinda” tells me her damage source is burst but she’s equipped utility wise to beat him in 90+ seconds. Here’s hoping I’m wrong but I doubt it
    We’ll see in a few hours. I hope it’s not burst lol
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48
    BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

Massive Cap, Shathra will be too slow lol
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

We’ll see in a few hours. I hope it’s not burst lol
    I just had an epiphany here. Maybe this is common knowledge or maybe I’m just yappin. But when something is classified as dot doesn’t it pop up on the right side of the screen telling you that effect was inflicted? In Shathra’s case it doesn’t show anything, just when her vulnerabilities are being applied. I don’t even know what dot source her damage is because it doesn’t say. I can’t tell if it’s instant dot bursts like Tigra or just regular burst like fantman.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    edited August 31
    Emilia90 said:

We have multiple DLL champs incoming from October-December according to him so let’s hope none of them are serpent tier defenders lmao

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala, Absorbing Man level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

Damn, so there's a chance it might be dot, which would 100% make sense because like I said it seemed like dot in the video rather than burst. It looked kinda like Onslaught's dot where it deals stupid damage during the special.
    I'm worried about the "kinda" part but fingers crossed, I'm still pissed at the for not nerfing Serpent but it's better than nothing I suppose.
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime

Talking about serpent 👀

I don’t think Nefaria is gonna be a counter at all
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 420 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

We have multiple DLL champs incoming from October-December according to him so let’s hope none of them are serpent tier defenders lmao

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala, Absorbing Man level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
    I think spiral is designed by RAYN the guy who designed shatra, wiccan, dust etc. he did say he designed one of the champs in nov/December can't really remember what month he said
    He also says he's proud of how spider punk turned out.
    Anyways hopeful that dazzler is designed by DLL instead cos that's the one I hope is a great attacker
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I think spiral is designed by RAYN the guy who designed shatra, wiccan, dust etc. he did say he designed one of the champs in nov/December can't really remember what month he said
    Anyways hopeful that dazzler is designed by DLL instead cos that's the one I hope is a great attacker
    DLL has been letting us down a lot lately, and if Shathra's as good for Serpent as I think she will be then I'd rather Rayn designed Dazzler lol.
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Then Spider Punk will probably remain as is?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Isn't he/she the one designed sable as well?
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 395 ★★★

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

NO

Ryan or kabam honeydew designed following champs ( this is from the stream )

misty knight
    wong
    galan
    rocket rework
    mantis
    cassie lang
    dust
    spider punk
    the leader
    shathra

also cerastes boss as well
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

No, from what I remember she made Dust Punk and Leader and my favourite Cassie.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★
    edited August 31
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I hope they are attackers, Photon, Kushala level attackers. I’m guessing Spiral is one of them
    Yeah I hope so too. I was talking with DLL in the server and he’s aware that the Galan bug has been going on for way too long but that’s not his area lol

Oh and he’s doing Deathless She-Hulk. Glad I joined the discord because you get so much more info
    Hey Emilia, Can you tell me where these convos are happening in Discord, not much familiar with it.

Edit: NVM I can see the discussions
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★
    Wolf911 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

NO

Ryan or kabam honeydew designed following champs ( this is from the stream )

misty knight
    wong
    galan
    rocket rework
    mantis
    cassie lang
    dust
    spider punk
    the leader
    shathra

also cerastes boss as well
    My bad, I have seen someone in stream comments saying ryan was the one designed sable.