Insane Lag and Freezing During Gameplay!

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
edited September 1 in General Discussion
Has anyone else’s game been lagging a lot, and literally freezing for 3-5 seconds during gameplay every 30 seconds or so? This has been happening to me since exactly after I updated the game for this Beta Ray Bill & Enchantress month. It never ever happened before I got this update and has been happening a lot ever since. It’s literally ruining gameplay for me, especially Battlegrounds matches. The game freezes and lags but the Battlegrounds timer continues behind the frozen screen so I lose a lot of time. Plus, the game ignores my actions a second after the lag stops so I get hit with a combo or special... It lags and freezes in every mode and even outside of gameplay sometimes. Is this an issue with the game that anyone else is having or did the update just affect my phone specifically? Thanks.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian
    That is a known issue that kabam is fixing. They did tell me it would be logged to the trello board, so maybe it was put in there sometime in the last 2 weeks, but it wasn't there the first couple of weeks after they found that bug. Hopefully the update on Tuesday will fix it for you.
  • Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Member Posts: 138 ★★
    @Pikolu Ok thanks. Hopefully it does fix it.
    @Chuck_Finley Hopefully they fix is soon then bro
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    What device?
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

Has anyone else’s game been lagging a lot, and literally freezing for 3-5 seconds during gameplay every 30 seconds or so? This has been happening to me since exactly after I updated the game for this Beta Ray Bill & Enchantress month. It never ever happened before I got this update and has been happening a lot ever since. It’s literally ruining gameplay for me, especially Battlegrounds matches. The game freezes and lags but the Battlegrounds timer continues behind the frozen screen so I lose a lot of time. Plus, the game ignores my actions a second after the lag stops so I get hit with a combo or special... It lags and freezes in every mode and even outside of gameplay sometimes. Is this an issue with the game that anyone else is having or did the update just affect my phone specifically? Thanks.

Its so bad!!! I was fighting glykan or whatever he's called and it froze for a solid 20 seconds. Then, it crashed
    Again, what device?
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    Happening to me on iPhone and iPad
    iOS version?
    There was goofy stuff with iPhone 15 that seems to be fixed now from what I can tell so far.
    Are you at least 17?
    This sounds like connection issue on your end.
    Reboot your router.
    This is a real-time game.
    If anything on your network is slowing it down, you are going to see these issues.

If it’s consistent, try over mobile network and see if you get same.
    smdam38 said:

iOS version?
    There was goofy stuff with iPhone 15 that seems to be fixed now from what I can tell so far.
    Are you at least 17?

Latest iOS on both devices.
    Latest meaning?
    Not all devices can get to 17. What device versions?

Did you try network thing yet?
    Then it’s network.

If they haven’t totally fixed the dynamic island thing, try using middle of screen as left for dodge far right for attack.
    smdam38 said:

Then it’s network.

If they haven’t totally fixed the dynamic island thing, try using middle of screen as left for dodge far right for attack.

No it’s not the network. No issues then massive issues after last update.
    I’m trying to help and can only go off of what I see or have seen.

Try middle screen for swipe back and parry. Use far right for attack.
    smdam38 said:

Then it’s network.

It's not network and it is a deeper issue that affects only iOS devices. I can't get into the details though
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★
    Honestly game is unplayable.
    Again, I can only go by what I am seeing or you actually show me.

I was seeing input issues with iPhone 15 and dug in to see and report what I found about dynamic island and possible safe spaces issues. Not sure if that was an issue but it actually appears to be fixed.

I’m not seeing these issues you’re talking about so can’t really help or test.

“The AI sucks” isn’t a helpful. What is it? What do you think is broken?
    Ok, it’s great to hear that it isn’t just me then… How has Kabam let it go on for this long… must be a hard problem to correct or something. Like one of you said, it’s literally unplayable. Especially BG’s.
    Do you have specific issues?
    What isn’t working?
    Let’s adress each one.
    Pikolu said:

smdam38 said:

Then it’s network.

It's not network and it is a deeper issue that affects only iOS devices. I can't get into the details though
    Why even say anything if you can’t say anything?
    smdam38 said:

Pikolu said:

smdam38 said:

Then it’s network.

She is saying something - that it’s Kabam’s side not a device or router or network or whatever else. So all speculation on that can cease.
    Is SHE?

I’m not seeing that from this message.
    You are?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Is SHE?

I’m not seeing that from this message.
    You are?

Its the third post. Its a known issue KABAM is fixing.
    A maybe an a hopefully. Sounds promising.
    smdam38 said:

Pikolu said:

smdam38 said:

Then it’s network.

Because the community likes hearing something. Would you prefer radio silence and no acknowledgment of the issue at all?
    Something is happening, we definitely know about it. We’re trying to fix it but have no idea when.
    Some forum poster will tell you it’s being worked on, but can’t give further information.

But it’s definitely being worked on.