Thoughts on new AW tactic

UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Member Posts: 57
Provicateur - while some of the defenders in this pool are definitely strong *cough* enchantress *cough* overall I don't have many issues with the defense tactic. The chance to miss seems kinda scummy but it's the only thing really stopping you from just nuking with a non tactic attacker.

Secutor- this is where my main issues lie within this seasons tactic. The effect of this tactic and the champs picked for it don't really seem to have synergy. Champs like AV, Mr F, Shocker, and iHulk either dint have the right debuffs (without synergies Shocker abd ihulk) or have dubffs that are indefinite/refresh which don't interact with the node. I think the champs that can't utilize the node naturally need to be replaced with another champ, and that we need more champs with immunities in the pool bc some nodes/matchups feel near impossible especially if your best secutor counter is banned. Finally I think the node needs to be tweaked so that the provocateur defender is heal blocked whenever a secutor champ would reduce their healing below their threshold, making champs like AV and Mr F more viable.

Comments

• FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    Don't know how to fix that, if refreshing debuff can trigger the tactic, Champions like Mr.F will be very powerful.
    They probably should give a chance to apply debuff on contact for all champions in the pool, otherwise quite a few of them a totally useless.

On the other hand, enchantress simply shouldn't be in AW.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    It shouldn't be a Heal Block but something like "Regen cannot be above zero". Reverse healing should be an option.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    Maybe some debuff applying mechanism? Like well timed blocks inflict weakness, Heavy attack inflict fatigue, So even tactic champs with no debuffs on their own can be used.
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Member Posts: 57
    FunnyDude said:

Don't know how to fix that, if refreshing debuff can trigger the tactic, Champions like Mr.F will be very powerful.
    They probably should give a chance to apply debuff on contact for all champions in the pool, otherwise quite a few of them a totally useless.

I don't think refreshing debuffs triggering tactic would make Mr f very powerful, just a worthwhile option. A decent portion of the tactic attackers either apply debuffs fairly fast (shuri + silk) or have easily accessible heal blocks (os) so he wouldn't be the top dog since the tactic only provides a heal block and not some benefit to attack power
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited September 3

It shouldn't be a Heal Block but something like "Regen cannot be above zero". Reverse healing should be an option.

This for sure. A bunch of the science champs benefit from heal reversal and this is a change that makes a ton of sense. And allowing heal block as well to deal with tactic makes tech champs like OS and LDS still great too.

This change might mean Sauron, toad and sinister will need heal block (depending on if the implementation is regen rate modification) but I don’t think that’s a huge issue with heal block still being a viable solution.

But with this change they might have to tone down the other parts of the tactic, maybe the defense tactic power gain can only be halved or something.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    or make it if you can keep the debuffs active, then you won't lose the healblock from the node. That way refreshes keeps it up indefinitely. The only champs i think that can do this is MrF and AntiVenom, they are only 6*s so have to punch up in many contest and not widely ranked up. Shocker is a **** addition as he needs a synergy to get debuffs and has no healblock in his kit.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    I agree with your opinion. I find most of this tactic fairly fun. Enchantress though, feels way too punishing to be in this tactic. She alone makes this unfun.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

I agree with your opinion. I find most of this tactic fairly fun. Enchantress though, feels way too punishing to be in this tactic. She alone makes this unfun.

Did the team ever provide insight on how to do the unstoppable node+enchantress fight after Silk is banned?
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    I agree that the tactic seems fine defensively but the champions they picked for attackers just don’t seem to fit the tactic well enough.

On a side note has anyone else noticed the defensive tactic is bugged and special attacks can miss when they have the power gain, but the tactic description only says a chance for basic attacks to miss.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★

I agree that the tactic seems fine defensively but the champions they picked for attackers just don’t seem to fit the tactic well enough.

On a side note has anyone else noticed the defensive tactic is bugged and special attacks can miss when they have the power gain, but the tactic description only says a chance for basic attacks to miss.

The miss is suppose to say all attacks
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

The miss is suppose to say all attacks
    Dang I was hoping it was just bugged. Thanks for the clarification.
    BigBlueOx said:

Did the team ever provide insight on how to do the unstoppable node+enchantress fight after Silk is banned?
    There may be options that supposedly may show themselves after a few wars.
    The team will comment officially themselves.
    Personally I dont know the option, and I will just be 40%ing against enchantress on crappy nodes like this.

FunnyDude said:

I don't think refreshing debuffs triggering tactic would make Mr f very powerful, just a worthwhile option. A decent portion of the tactic attackers either apply debuffs fairly fast (shuri + silk) or have easily accessible heal blocks (os) so he wouldn't be the top dog since the tactic only provides a heal block and not some benefit to attack power
    No Shuri or Silk for 3 months, they will be banned. I'm also expecting Mr.F be banned occasionally in top tier AW because some nodes will be extremely different w/o prefight from him.

He also can do some very tricky fight by himself, if reapplying debuff can be counted by the tactic.
    edited September 3
    BigBlueOx said:

I will try with cap, take some heavy damage, and hope I can get crit on SP2 and just nuke her out.
    But cap might be banned too, the champion pool is horrible and not many good options at all.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    The attacker pool really sucks especially for hazard shift players who have a hard time as it is. Not well thought out I think.
    Bugmat78 said:

The attacker pool really sucks especially for hazard shift players who have a hard time as it is. Not well thought out I think.

you probably can ghost those nodes, but I wouldn't place global defenders on those nodes at all, or place someone cannot be ghosted.
    Bugmat78 said:

I honestly think Warlock, Pig and QS should be in the pool, and replace some useless champions.
    Otherwise it's too difficult.
    FunnyDude said:

Bugmat78 said:

I honestly think Warlock, Pig and QS should be in the pool, and replace some useless champions.
    Otherwise it's too difficult.
    While i agree in general, Warlock and QS can be used with this tactic without them being tactic champs. While becoming tactic champs would make it far easier, they control the tactic very well in general.

BigBlueOx said:

There may be options that supposedly may show themselves after a few wars.
    The team will comment officially themselves.
    Personally I dont know the option, and I will just be 40%ing against enchantress on crappy nodes like this.
    At this point it feels like that made the list of acceptable counters.
    FunnyDude said:

BigBlueOx said:

I will try with cap, take some heavy damage, and hope I can get crit on SP2 and just nuke her out.
    But cap might be banned too, the champion pool is horrible and not many good options at all.
    I mean I guess that strat works for all options, not sure how effective that is after 1-2 cycles though