Taskmaster is no longer usable against Havok

Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 421 ★★★
It's probably been a long time since anyone used Taskmaster for Havok, but he used to be a reliable option. After the fix this month, he purifies all the debuffs currently on him. This causes him to take Plasma Detonate Double Damage.

Something to note here is that the previous interaction was consistent with his description. Ah well , nobody to cry Nerf like KingPin

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,751 ★★★★★
    edited September 5
    Is it saying purified or immune after 10? TM's kit says he becomes immune and nothing about purify. It's only supposed to interact with Havocs abilities if purified.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 421 ★★★

Is it saying purified or immune after 10? TM's kit says he becomes immune and nothing about purify. It's only supposed to interact with Havocs abilities if purified.

He purifies all the debuffs he had.

For the uninitiated
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,007 ★★★★★
    Yup another nerf to something that was established, not game breaking and for years and nobody cared about. Great use of time as always. 🙄

People should be as disappointed with this as the KP situation, the problem is visibility of Taskmaster being so low. I agree though it’s the same bucket of hot garbage.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★
    edited September 5
    First they did Taskmaster dirty in MCU, now in MCOC?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,752 ★★★★★

For the uninitiated

But it doesnt purify its like debuff immune of right back at it where they get removed its not a purify but a removal so shouldnt do anything with havok
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    This one isn’t really a strict nerf like Kingpin’s, purifying all the debuffs off of him when he goes debuff immune does make him a fair bit more reliable in scenarios where you do actually want the debuffs off you (like Void or certain damaging debuff nodes). I’d also argue the change is much less ambiguous than Kingpin and in fact completely consistent and expected; becoming “immune to debuffs” does pretty clearly imply that he should be unable to have debuffs on him, which is now the case. I would be lying if I said that I’m not gonna miss cheesing Havok with him though. I’ll have to see how I feel about the change overall over time.
    Squidopus said:

This one isn’t really a strict nerf like Kingpin’s, purifying all the debuffs off of him when he goes debuff immune does make him a fair bit more reliable in scenarios where you do actually want the debuffs off you (like Void or certain damaging debuff nodes). I’d also argue the change is much less ambiguous than Kingpin and in fact completely consistent and expected; becoming “immune to debuffs” does pretty clearly imply that he should be unable to have debuffs on him, which is now the case. I would be lying if I said that I’m not gonna miss cheesing Havok with him though. I’ll have to see how I feel about the change overall over time.

What I would like to see though, is a Taskmaster moderate buff. Make him less stressful, put sig ability into base kit and increase his overall damage
    Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

But it doesnt purify its like debuff immune of right back at it where they get removed its not a purify but a removal so shouldnt do anything with havok
    Unless I’m misremembering Havok still deals damage when his plasma build up debuffs are removed, they just deal extra damage if removed via purify. Whether Taskmaster removes or purifies debuffs when he goes immune he should still be taking damage.
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

Unless I’m misremembering Havok still deals damage when his plasma build up debuffs are removed, they just deal extra damage if removed via purify. Whether Taskmaster removes or purifies debuffs when he goes immune he should still be taking damage.
    How it worked before he never took damage when going debuff immune
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,859 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

No, havok does damage if it's purified, or it reaches 11.
    Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

As a well-versed Taskmaster player, he did in fact take damage. It’s just that since he only removed one plasma build up debuff instead of upwards of ten like he does now it was much easier to shrug off the damage and keep going.
    edited September 5
    So to me this is another bug unless all these years he was always suppose to take damage but i ran 6.3.3 with task back in the day since the ability to not take detonation since debuff immune but now he takes damage seems odd
    Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

As a well-versed Taskmaster player, he did in fact take damage. It’s just that since he only removed one plasma build up debuff instead of upwards of ten like he does now it was much easier to shrug off the damage and keep going.
    So is this fix a nerf to Taskmaster’s abilities?
    EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

Seems like a nerf tbh

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

No, havok does damage if it's purified, or it reaches 11.

Seems pretty clear to me. He deals damage if the debuffs are removed, extra if they’re purified. When he hits 11 he removes them automatically, but there are other niche methods to remove the debuffs.
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 394 ★★
    Another day another nerf/bug
    Idk it’s fine to be upset over this change but you really can’t call this a straight nerf like Kingpin was. The Havok matchup is mostly dead in the water now unless the Havok has a low enough attack rating for you to live the initial burst (and even then it’s questionable if it’s worth it) but there’s pretty obvious upsides to the change too. His debuff immunity is arguably the one true niche Taskmaster has (I honestly can’t believe after all these years they still haven’t given it to another champ, even in a limited form) and he can abuse it just a bit more now that he clears all debuffs off him as well. I’d definitely feel more comfortable using him in something like hazard shift or long-distance relationship Void now.
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

Seems like a nerf tbh
    A 'nerf' only for this particular match. Any other debuff heavy match this would be beneficial

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

Seems like a nerf tbh
    A 'nerf' only for this particular match. Any other debuff heavy match this would be beneficial
    Used to be a cool unique matchup shame though
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Bendy said:

For the uninitiated

Seems like a nerf tbh
    Used to be a cool unique matchup shame though
    I definitely agree, like I said I’ll 100% miss that cheese but I don’t think Taskmaster lived and died by that 1 matchup. There’s a lots of Havok counters these days and if you wanted 100% safety against any and all Havoks Taskmaster arguably was worse at that than the Cyclopses and your own Havok anyways. I certainly don’t have a maxed Taskmaster solely for 1 fight I can do with 30 other champs. Maybe I’ll like him a bit less overall with the change but I doubt he loses more than he gains from this honestly, at worst he’s probably net neutral.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 732 ★★★

It's probably been a long time since anyone used Taskmaster for Havok, but he used to be a reliable option. After the fix this month, he purifies all the debuffs currently on him. This causes him to take Plasma Detonate Double Damage.

Something to note here is that the previous interaction was consistent with his description. Ah well , nobody to cry Nerf like KingPin

He never wasssss