Point farming in bgs!!

Comments

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    edited September 5
    Sivert said:

As I said in another thread, since the changes to the Victory track this isn't nearly as big of an issue. Before those changes, players farming points created a zero sum game, for every match they won, they only gave up one medal. Now, for every match someone farming wins, they have to give up four medals to other players. It doesn't create nearly the same negative experience that it used to, and if someone is farming they are actually accelerating average players in their climb.

Having said that, our position hasn't changed. We have monitoring in place and the most egregious abusers are often punished. We intend to be stricter in our enforcement next season, when the Global Event will make farming more tempting.

Is farming in BG legal? Yes or no! It aint that hard to answer that

It's been clearly stated it's not. The issue everyone seems to have is the enforcement punishment of the illegal action, which apparently will "be stricter ... next season."

As in life, rules and laws are only as effective as their enforcement. No enforcement? Have at it.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 177 ★★

Sivert said:

As I said in another thread, since the changes to the Victory track this isn't nearly as big of an issue. Before those changes, players farming points created a zero sum game, for every match they won, they only gave up one medal. Now, for every match someone farming wins, they have to give up four medals to other players. It doesn't create nearly the same negative experience that it used to, and if someone is farming they are actually accelerating average players in their climb.

Having said that, our position hasn't changed. We have monitoring in place and the most egregious abusers are often punished. We intend to be stricter in our enforcement next season, when the Global Event will make farming more tempting.

It's been clearly stated it's not. The issue everyone seems to have is the enforcement punishment of the illegal action, which apparently will "be stricter ... next season."

As in life, rules and laws are only as effective as their enforcement. No enforcement? Have at it.
    Its not legal but we wont do anything. Maybe next season tho bro 😂
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★

Sivert said:

You talking about a perfect enviroment.
    Death penalty did not decrease the number of crimes committed...
    Polygon said:

Sivert said:

So you went on forums just to make this comment (your 1 and only on forums). Looks like OP couldn't accept Crashed's response and now resorting to possibly using an alt to revive the thread
    You still trying so hard to start something 😂

@Sivert are you me?
  • SivertSivert Member Posts: 5

Polygon said:

Sivert said:

So you went on forums just to make this comment (your 1 and only on forums). Looks like OP couldn't accept Crashed's response and now resorting to possibly using an alt to revive the thread
    You still trying so hard to start something 😂

@Sivert are you me?
    Hahaha, I guess im you now😂😂
  • SivertSivert Member Posts: 5

Sivert said:

I want it to be consistent! So if you are a cop and you see two guys stealing, you let the first guy go because he where only stealing a bread, but the other guy got punished because he where stealing a bread and a botle of milk? Stealing is stealing and cheating is cheating!! Easy as that!
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    Sivert said:

Sivert said:

I want it to be consistent! So if you are a cop and you see two guys stealing, you let the first guy go because he where only stealing a bread, but the other guy got punished because he where stealing a bread and a botle of milk? Stealing is stealing and cheating is cheating!! Easy as that!
    I'll let go of both.... Stealing small amounts of food is not stealing imo.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    Sivert said:

Sivert said:

Adding on to that analogy, lets say the two men get away before the cops show up. Another man comes to buy the bread, but the cops finally arrive and that man holding the bread is now a suspect. Should he be convicted because he was a suspect? Or should he be released, risking the fact he was the criminal? The issue with this whole justice system is that it will always be imperfect, because innocent players will be taking just as big a hit as the dishonest players with a system that goes based off “confidence”. I feel like kabams current approach as crashed stated is fine, because there will never be a perfect system to negate sandbagging with how the game mode is set up.

I will however note this: If you feel you are getitng unfair matches too often, DONT FORFEIT. Sometimes valiant players that are in the lower ranks are genuinely hard stuck because they either paid for their accounts or dont have the skills and strategy to rank high in battlegrounds. If you can outplay your opponent, there is still a chance to win, despite the odds being in their favor. I am loving proof, as I constantly place guys from XMN, HC, and other to valiants. I even matched a guy from a masters alliance once, and i wasnt even valiant at the time, still won. BGs is also very heavily luck based. Even if you get bullseye and serpent, you have to hope your opponent doesn’t get the optimal counters and defenders that you cant deal with. Just my two cents, i will not delve deeper into this.
    Sivert said:

Sivert said:

People gotta eat bruv. That was bad 😂 but yeah people wont care about breaking rules here if nothings done about it. Been shown time and time again

This is getting intense. So OP wants to be Robin hood and help out the poor little accounts. What a great story. Funny how Robin Hood is not happy with the current Kabam laws that doesn't punish farmers enough, so would like Kabam to give out more harsh punishment and to do it right away. Don't tell him that it's hard to detect who's farming and who isn't very good at BG. Just laethy he smack down on them all.

Its funny how people put words in my mouth. I have clearly stated like 5 times that it affects me with solo and alliance scores. But i guess everyone who does farm would come here talking nonsense.

Keep this same energy with every other method people use to cheat and we are good
  • JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 218 ★★
    Not gonna drop names but - TCN - is doing this a lot :)
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

This is getting intense. So OP wants to be Robin hood and help out the poor little accounts. What a great story. Funny how Robin Hood is not happy with the current Kabam laws that doesn't punish farmers enough, so would like Kabam to give out more harsh punishment and to do it right away. Don't tell him that it's hard to detect who's farming and who isn't very good at BG. Just laethy he smack down on them all.

Keep this same energy with every other method people use to cheat and we are good
    There is a huge difference between cheating, and sucking and losing at the game. This does not affect you enough to be this big of a problem, I'd find a better hill to die on.
  • SubtraffSubtraff Member Posts: 8
    If farming on BG is prohibited, Kabam should present an objective criteria to determine what is farming and what is not.
    What is a forced loss? Hoe many forced losts should be considered farm? How many forced loss a player can have per hour?

The lack of objective criteria makes compliance with the rule difficult and questionable.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Subtraff said:

If farming on BG is prohibited, Kabam should present an objective criteria to determine what is farming and what is not.
    What is a forced loss? Hoe many forced losts should be considered farm? How many forced loss a player can have per hour?

The lack of objective criteria makes compliance with the rule difficult and questionable.

I'd like to see you try this argument in Vegas at the blackjack tables. Look, is card counting legal or not, and if it is not then give me your objective criteria you use to determine what is and is not card counting. Because if you don't tell me exactly precisely what I am allowed to get away with, compliance with your rule is difficult and questionable.

Gaming analogies are often pretty loose, but in this case the analogy is almost perfectly overlapping. Point farming in BGs is almost *identical* in strategy to card counting in Vegas, and Kabam catches point farmers in precisely the same way card counters are caught in Vegas.
    BeastDad said:

There is a huge difference between cheating, and sucking and losing at the game. This does not affect you enough to be this big of a problem, I'd find a better hill to die on.
    We arent talking about people sucking at the game and losing. We are talking top tier players who sit in diamond for weeks to farm hundred thousands of points and thus pushing the scores up for everyone..

Its insane to me how someone who doesn't do this themselves can not see how this is blatantly cheating. Its shelling just in bgs
    Kabam have already said what they said tho and seemingly wont change that so we can just let this thread die out. No need to sit here and argue

BeastDad said:

We arent talking about people sucking at the game and losing. We are talking top tier players who sit in diamond for weeks to farm hundred thousands of points and thus pushing the scores up for everyone..

Its insane to me how someone who doesn't do this themselves can not see how this is blatantly cheating. Its shelling just in bgs
    Whether you suck and lose, or lose on purpose, a loss is a loss. There is no difference.

Are you losing because your roster is weak and you cannot climb? If so the point scores for everyone else are irrelevant.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Whether you suck and lose, or lose on purpose, a loss is a loss. There is no difference.

Are you losing because your roster is weak and you cannot climb? If so the point scores for everyone else are irrelevant.
    Keep doing you bro

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep doing you bro
    Yeah, I assumed it was the latter.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep doing you bro
    Can you not read? People lose with energy in diamond on purpose to stay there and use elder marks against lesser opponents to get more points. Im a celestial player since you wanna go there which have nothing to do with this case as the rewards there are not affected by solo and alliance rank rewards.

If yoh cheat just say so. Kabam already said you are most likely good this season. If you dont then wtf are you here arguing about. Make it make sense
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    When they introduced the 2 medal on win system, it indirectly nerfed bg farming, since now farming takes 4x the effort.

What kabam fails to understand is, why people farm points in bgs the first place? Because GC is tough, and they want to max out solo and alliance milestones. If gc gives 1.5 x (ideally 2x) the points in solo and alliance milestones, farming will reduce drastically.

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep doing you bro
    Can you not read? People lose with energy in diamond on purpose to stay there and use elder marks against lesser opponents to get more points. Im a celestial player since you wanna go there which have nothing to do with this case as the rewards there are not affected by solo and alliance rank rewards.

If yoh cheat just say so. Kabam already said you are most likely good this season. If you dont then wtf are you here arguing about. Make it make sense
    I'm trying to get you to understand the same thing that Kabam has been trying to relay to you, this is not that big of a problem, and it does not happen enough to make it a meaningful concern. Again, find a better hill.

When they introduced the 2 medal on win system, it indirectly nerfed bg farming, since now farming takes 4x the effort.

What kabam fails to understand is, why people farm points in bgs the first place? Because GC is tough, and they want to max out solo and alliance milestones. If gc gives 1.5 x (ideally 2x) the points in solo and alliance milestones, farming will reduce drastically.

I don't get that argument tbh. Kabam crashed said the same. So yeah you could argue lower players wont get screwed over the same to move forward. But then theres still the solo and alliance event which affects everyone. Some allys do this fully to get top rewards every season but since its not aw its not an issue?
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep doing you bro

I'm trying to get you to understand the same thing that Kabam has been trying to relay to you, this is not that big of a problem, and it does not happen enough to make it a meaningful concern. Again, find a better hill.
    No but you are wrong tho it is a big issue and it is blatantlycheating which kabam agreed with. They justmost likely wont do anything which is kinda contradictory

. Im not trying to die on a hill either. Ive stated mine. I said i was happy to let this thread die out but people wanna argue and put words in my mouth.

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 591 ★★
    Best thing to do is wait a week or two and then play. Less stress.

Best thing to do is wait a week or two and then play. Less stress.

This ^ almost all the big accounts have moved on by then.

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Keep doing you bro

No but you are wrong tho it is a big issue
    Post the proof that this constitutes a "big issue".