September Side Quest - LUDUM MAXIMUS

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Administrator, Admin [en] Posts: 565

Ludum Maximus

The Maestro has declared four months of celebratory games to honor his return. The festivities begin with the Circus Maximus, an onslaught of games and challenges hosted by Count Nefaria. The Count will not accept anything less than the best, the mightiest, the greatest of games. So dare to enter LUDUM MAXIMUS!

Only the most elite fighters may find a way to gain the attention of the great Count Nefaria. Are The Champions of The Contest up for the challenge?

Start Date: September 4, 2024
End Date: October 9, 2024

TLDR Overview

• Use the Sestertius to gain access to the Ludum Maximus Side Quests
    • Gain Sestertius Coins from the Storm The Gates Solo Event
    • Gain Shattered Sestertius Key item for a special single fight against Count Nefaria in the final week
  • New Ludum Maximus Side Quest populates each week
    • Enter a teleporter to one of three random paths
    • Alternatively, use Aureus Key item to select which path to take
    • Earn Aureus Key item in the Slow Burn Solo Event
  • Each Ludum Maximus quest runs for one week except the final one which will run for two weeks
  • Solo Objectives reset weekly except for the final week
  • Collect shards to open Let The Games Begin Crystals

Step One - Earn Sestertius COINS

Acquire the Sestertius Coins by making progress in the month long Storm The Gates Solo Event. Win fights in any game mode (excluding practice mode) using #Saga Champions to earn points.

Step Two - Enter the Ludum Maximus

The Ludum Maximus Side Quest Map contains 3 different paths with specific enemies, classes, and buff profiles. Each path contains 4 fights and 5 difficulties (Threat LEvels 1-5). Either use a teleporter that will randomly send you to one of the three paths, or use an AUREUS Key and enter a second teleporter that allows you to pick your path. After each successful completion of the Quest the rewards will reset. Explore all three paths for additional rewards. Each quest lasts one week except for the final quest which will run for two weeks.

Step Three - Complete Weekly Solo Objectives & Month Long Solo Event to earn additional Rewards

The month long Slow Burn Solo Event requires you to defeat #Offensive: Damage Over Time Champions in any game mode (excluding practice mode) to earn points. Use #Saga Champions for extra points. (Opponents that meet this requirement are spread out along the fights in the Ludum Maximus Quests). Players can acquire Aureus Gate Keys by reaching milestones in this event. Additionally, complete the weekly Panem et Circenses, defeating specific opponents using Saga Champions, and Among Tyrants, defeat specific opponents at a specific threat level, Solo Objectives to earn additional rewards. The rewards for both Solo Objectives, and the threat level of opponents specified in Among Tyrants, is tied to your current in-game progression.

Step Four- Open Let The Games Begin Crystals

Open Let The Games Begin Crystals for your chance to add the following Champions to your roster!

Gladiator, Hercules, Chee'ilth, Titania, Hulk (Ragnarok), Thor (Ragnarok), Ægon (Aegon), Angela, The Champion, Drax, Heimdall, Korg, Attuma, Elektra, Colossus, Cull Obsidian, Gamora, Hela, Guillotine, Hyperion, Jabari Panther, Juggernaut, Proxima Midnight, Rhino, Ronan, Sasquatch, She-Hulk, Tigra, Valkyrie, Hulk, Daredevil (Classic), Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen), Red Hulk

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,078 ★★★★★
    Looking good

Also will the magnetron crystals in the trader’s outpost be replaced?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,561 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

I'm here once again to ask, when will sidequest crystals become paragon/valiant crystals?

Looking more and more like whenever the next or the one after that progression title comes out and we can r4/r5 our 7*
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Member Posts: 48
    Is this supposed to say threat level 3 or higher? The same thing was in last months tasks.

Why wouldn't I get the reward for doing it in a higher threat level?

Planc2007 said:

Is this supposed to say threat level 3 or higher? The same thing was in last months tasks.

I don't see the issue here. You still get the top rewards even if you do a lower threat level. Lots of things to complain about but this ain't one of them.
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127
    I don’t understand… is there any benefit to using the rift? Seems like we have 4 chances to get full exploration on 3 paths that we can choose??
  • StarzStarz Member Posts: 157
    Soooo... I'm starting to dig a little deeper into why I can't enter to access the third and last lane and it appears that I did not use the coins properly??? I selected the first two lanes to go to... just because I thought that's what you needed to do. Not expecting it would screw me over

Why make this difficult? I'm guessing it says somewhere that in order to clear all paths you must use the randomizer first?

Madness
  • felanomafelanoma Member Posts: 51
    edited September 4
    As i read i think i see things more clearly, The SESTERTIUS (Silver coin) 2 Wednsday and i asume 2 Friday. Like the last SQ. they let you enter but will be a random path, and the AUREUS (gold coins) let you chose path (2 per Week but you need SESTERTIUS coins to enter SQ first) alloing you to chose any other path that you missed. Rewards are on exploration.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    It is indeed rather confusing that they’re both “coins”, but different colors and do different things (quest entrance key, vs gate path key).
    And you may not necessarily have the same number of each to be able to use on the same quest run.

And only the silver (quest) ones are visible in Treasury (where those quest entrance keys normally are, like this). The gold ones have to go look in Inventory itself to see how many you have.

See detailed description immediately above by @felanoma
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,833 ★★★★★
    Penzito said:

I don’t understand… is there any benefit to using the rift? Seems like we have 4 chances to get full exploration on 3 paths that we can choose??

We only get 2 keys per week. So you can only chose 2 paths, making it best option to go random first then cover the other 2 paths with the key.
    You get 4 keys per week. You just need to wait 2 days until the next 2 released.
  • PenzitoPenzito Member Posts: 71

Penzito said:

We only get 2 keys per week. So you can only chose 2 paths, making it best option to go random first then cover the other 2 paths with the key.
    You get 4 keys per week. You just need to wait 2 days until the next 2 released.
    Sorry, I was referring to the gate keys. Yeah we get 4 total Sestertius entries per week but only 2 aureus keys to choose a path. If you use aureus keys first, you might not get the RNG for 100%.
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Member Posts: 451 ★★
    Where do we get the rest of the gold coina from I see we get a possible 8 from the slow burn objective but where can we get the other 10 to be able to unlock cheelith store bundle?
  • SmasherM86SmasherM86 Member Posts: 72
    The quest in game text said if i exist, the key (Sestertius ) will be refunded, but it was not refunded when I existed ....
  • CuchulainnCuchulainn Member Posts: 116
    Buttehrs said:

Planc2007 said:

I don't see the issue here. You still get the top rewards even if you do a lower threat level. Lots of things to complain about but this ain't one of them.
    There are no 7 star shards in the lower levels. So we would miss out.
    Penzito said:

Penzito said:

Sorry, I was referring to the gate keys. Yeah we get 4 total Sestertius entries per week but only 2 aureus keys to choose a path. If you use aureus keys first, you might not get the RNG for 100%.
    Ooh yeah good point

The quest in game text said if i exist, the key (Sestertius ) will be refunded, but it was not refunded when I existed ....

Are you sure which it said would be refunded?

Generally entry keys are not refunded and gate keys are.
  • CashimaCashima Member Posts: 6
    Upgrade your app
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 184
    Penzito said:

So we get 4 entries per week, we get 2 aureus key to pick the path we want. To fully explore 100% you have to go random first, then use the aureus keys to cover the other two, that about right?

Are there any extra built in? I calculated we will need 12 total silver coins for 4 weeks. 8 total gold coins. We get 20 silvers. I messed up and used 2 silvers and did the same path. Would that mean there’s roughly 8 extras built in? Unless the last week is special since it runs two weeks would there be 4 extra built in? I only wasted one silver. And yes I didn’t call them by their actual names
  • Planc2007Planc2007 Member Posts: 48
    Buttehrs said:

Planc2007 said:

@Buttehrs - If I to Threat Level 4 or 5 I would not get the rewards in my original post. Not that it is much, but it still is messed up. In previous months it was "Threat Level 3 or better".
    Planc2007 said:

Buttehrs said:

Planc2007 said:

@Buttehrs - If I to Threat Level 4 or 5 I would not get the rewards in my original post. Not that it is much, but it still is messed up. In previous months it was "Threat Level 3 or better".
    You can't expect every month to be generous like that. Need to progress eventually
  • Force23Force23 Member Posts: 13
    Son 4 entradas 2 dos fichas doradas para los caminos, incluso siendo aleatorio los caminos se puede hacer el 100% ya que solo son 3 caminos, siendo que la 2 entradas te aviente por el mismo camino tienes las fichas doradas para hacer el 100%, no hay complejidad
    Avnish said:

Why win 3 times with saga in this SQ. Last SQ it was only 1 time with saga....I missed this why you guys makes things complicated so that some summoner do mistakes and miss important reward.... really disappointed 😡😡. I thought it is only 1 time same as last SQ...I guess I lost this T4A this week ..

I already did it 2 time and didn't defeat any of these champion with saga... I play SQ only for T4A...

Because it's not always going to be the same month to month. Make sure you read objectives etc before going into a quest.