Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Viper18 said:

The fact that there's no reply by Kabam even after 700 plus comments is shocking.

I’m wondering if @KabamDORK or Pinwheel has seen this thread yet
    Maybe they have who knows
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,484 ★★★★★

I watched Vega's vid on this.. and he is kinda right...

About what? He was right about some things such as Kabam doing this on purpose so they can milk pre-release bundles but others such as him showing how good the "counters" are nah, he's 100% wrong about that. All the "counters" in the game currently suck because dread ruins any type of damage that isn't dot.
    About needing this type of defenders to actually challenge players.
    When players ask for a challenge they want something to test their skills. What skill is serpent testing? The skill of good draft rng?
    BigBlueOx said:

I watched Vega's vid on this.. and he is kinda right...

About what? He was right about some things such as Kabam doing this on purpose so they can milk pre-release bundles but others such as him showing how good the "counters" are nah, he's 100% wrong about that. All the "counters" in the game currently suck because dread ruins any type of damage that isn't dot.
    About needing this type of defenders to actually challenge players.
    What’s the challenge, a luck competition?
    You got 2 choices, load the deck with counters or ban him...
    I’m tired of repeating the same arguments over and over so there’s answers to why those arguments are bad in previous pages.

But again, this didn’t answer my question. What skill is serpent testing? Neither praying for a counter in the draft or pressing the ban button is a skill being tested.
    See that's the problem, people see the word challenge and immediately get triggered questioning skill...
    Having a broad ranked roster is a challenge in this game as well.
    80 sec fight as someone said? Well . Have to strategize your own defender as well.
    And how is that a good challenge? We all jump to mentioning skill because it is objectively the best attribute to be challenged. Skill based gamemodes reward practice and proficiency. Drafting a counter rewards me being lucky in pulling that counter out of a crystal and then in the draft.

As far as strategy goes, serpent removes more strategy than he adds. If I draft bullseye and my opponent drafts Onslaught, suddenly I have to rethink my decision to place him on defense as onslaught can take him in 45s with 95% health. If I draft serpent and they draft Chavez, it’s like eh whatever he’s still gonna take 70s. Serpent is a braindead win 90% of the time. Really not sure how that adds strategy.
    Knowing when to throw a round is part of strategy too 🤷
    "Oh well I guess I'll just die" is not healthy for the game though.
    Neither is expecting to never be challenged by dying at some point.
    Bullseye, Photon, Onslaught, Kindred, Enchantress and Dust all do just that without being absolutely overpowered. If you played this game competitively and not like every other casual bot that's against a Serpent nerf you would know this.
    I'm not against it at all. I'm just not running out of the building screaming fire.
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 325 ★★★
    Viper18 said:

The fact that there's no reply by Kabam even after 700 plus comments is shocking.

For this thread I think they don’t have to response because the decision was taken not by any of Mod here, this is just an open place for everyone share your thought. But they need to response on the bug and AI thread, because that’s issue
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,484 ★★★★★

Viper18 said:

For this thread I think they don’t have to response because the decision was taken not by any of Mod here, this is just an open place for everyone share your thought. But they need to response on the bug and AI thread, because that’s issue
    Lets be honest here, Kabam couldnt care less about what we think about any of their champs and respective balance. Huge community outrage and they just. Dont. Care. They stated it in their announcement. They think Serp is balanced. Anything we say to the contrary just doesn’t matter. We are a full week later and its been pure radio silence. Smart money says in a month they still wont have bothered addressing any complaints either.
    They don't care because they didn't give people what they wanted? That's not reasonable.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    BabyGroot said:

Kabam went out to buy milk and never came back

Lol they clearly bought a source of milk (Count Nefaria and Shathra) for the whales though
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,865 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Mirac1e said:

BigBlueOx said:

The absolute absence of any response on a thread like this really is something else. I’m baffled that nobody is even willing to put out a statement on this. Not agreement necessarily but just a statement.

In past instances we at least got that much respect and acknowledgement.

Miike would have at least said, 'Sorry FAM, hate to burst your bubble, but it’s not happening.' Now all we get is radio silence.
    FAM automatically takes my mind to future ant man now lmao
    It's his mistake (or intended pun) to type it all in caps.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 557 ★★★
    It’s time kabam atleast noticed this or atleast acknowledges its here. @KabamDORK
  • BabyGrootBabyGroot Member Posts: 142 ★★

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★

It’s time kabam atleast noticed this or atleast acknowledges its here. @KabamDORK

@Kabam Crashed @Kabam Pinwheel
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

In my last bg match I left an r4 serpent go unbanned, and it was funny to watch my opponent speedrun picking him then placing him on round 1 even after I drafted wiger. People so obviously wait and pray for serpent to pop up in their draft if he’s not banned, then celebrate soon as they see him. Who cares that I ended up drafting a counter they just place him anyway lol. It was his mistake and I ended up winning, but many other times that’s not the case.

This is exactly the type of brain dead strategy that serpent brings to the game mode. No thinking required, just pray that serpent shows up in the draft and place him immediately. No other champ in the game does that, maybe bullseye on release but that changed quickly. I still fail to see how this is supposedly “healthy” for the game.

I always do it lmao.

If I get to draft serpent and opponent doesn't, All I do is concentrate on winning the first match, Since the second match is autoWin for me 95% of the times.
    Yea that’s pretty much how it is. I at least understand it from your pov since you have him at r3 and decently sigged. But for someone to do that over an r4 6*?💀 I couldn’t help but laugh inside a little bit.

It’s not like there’s never champs who are instant round wins, my r3 domino is a guaranteed win if they don’t draft a counter. But that last part is important. If they draft a a red skull or guardian suddenly I have to think twice about my original strategy. If someone drafts a serpent counter I don’t have to care.