Part 2 - don’t believe in YouTuber luck

2»

Comments

• Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 180
    Unyonface said:

I don’t care what you did or didn’t t do, It is a fact if you open more crystals your odds increase. Get your feeling out of here…

According to multiple players on this forums(including Kabam employees); the odds Do Not go up based on number of crystals pulled and the percentage for crystals is based on the player pool at large vs you as a individual player. I asked a question regarding false advertising a little while back and this is the way it was explained. While I don't believe in Content Creators luck, it always feels different seeing them getting the champions they want but when you factor in what they spend, it makes sense and the fact they make it back in views.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,276 Guardian
    Twist1298 said:

Unyonface said:

I don’t care what you did or didn’t t do, It is a fact if you open more crystals your odds increase. Get your feeling out of here…

According to multiple players on this forums(including Kabam employees); the odds Do Not go up based on number of crystals pulled and the percentage for crystals is based on the player pool at large vs you as a individual player. I asked a question regarding false advertising a little while back and this is the way it was explained. While I don't believe in Content Creators luck, it always feels different seeing them getting the champions they want but when you factor in what they spend, it makes sense and the fact they make it back in views.
    Prior person isn’t saying that on a PER CRYSTAL that the odds for each individual successively crystal is increasing because you opened some beforehand.

They’re saying (which is, “of course”) if you open 100 crystals, you have a 100 times better chance of getting a 7* from among that whole group of 100 crystals, than if you just open 1 crystal.

So, content creators, opening much larger sums of crystals than casual everyday players do, will most likely be getting more 7*s (because they are opening more crystals).

Not to mention, of course, that it's probably just the videos of them getting really good (or really bad, depending on the point they want to convey) results, which are the videos that tend to get posted.
    And even if live-streamed, it is just the great (or awful) streams that then tend to get repeated, passed around, mentioned, linked to, etc by other people.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    YouTubers don't have a better Drop Rate. It's the same for anyone that opens Crystals. The difference is, we're not all broadcasting our pulls for everyone to watch. Plus, as was stated, they're opening batches. More Crystals mean more chances.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,570 ★★★★

YouTubers don't have a better Drop Rate. It's the same for anyone that opens Crystals. The difference is, we're not all broadcasting our pulls for everyone to watch. Plus, as was stated, they're opening batches. More Crystals mean more chances.

And this is why it’s best to spend $400 and get garanteed 7* in the case of count nefarious

Than spending $400 and NOT getting a 7* or even the featured champ.

Someone else posted here he opened $1400 on crystals and early access and never pulled the cjampioj
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,570 ★★★★

I will just list these from my own experience some of this year:

Serpent pre-release: 12 crystals
    Destroyer pre-release: 12 crystals
    Spider-Punk pre-release: 12 crystals
    Beta Ray Bill pre-release: 70 crystals
    Enchantress pre-release: 12 crystals
    Opening Ceremonies event: 31 crystals

In not ONE of these did I pull the featured or sub-featured champ as a 6*, let alone their 7*. I think all those added together I probably pulled 1, maybe 2 basic 7* champs...and not even game-changing new pulls or awakenings for me.

My best stream of mass crystal opening pulls was from Omega Days where I pulled 12 7*s, including 5 of the 6 featured champs and awakening 3 of them in the process.

This is why I spent, $400 to garantee myself a 7* nefarious

If I spent more or less what you spent I may not pulled anything

Spending $1000 on crystals and not pulling them hurts, but seeing a level 1 account with 7* from 3 free crystals is insane lol