Unfazed in war using count nefarious

andrade5184andrade5184 Member Posts: 298 ★★
Can you please make unfazed not effect count nefarious evade because it makes him impossible to use in war or bg attack. I was exited to rank him for hazard shift lanes in war only to find out very quickly that he is unusable vs the unfazed mastery.

Comments

• andrade5184andrade5184 Member Posts: 298 ★★
    My issue is he has to evade to use him so it literally renders him useless. Also many champs cancel certain masteries now like you implied.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    edited September 7
    sigh
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    It feels like kabam will only disable masteries that effect defenders but never attackers. You could argue photons willpower being disabled is a advantage for attack too, but the design feels more intended for defence.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    If they fix this after the deals, it's going to be real annoying for those of us who recognized this and didn't buy him.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 771 ★★★★
    Unfazed is an expensive mastery set to get and doesn't get mentioned very often. It at least has a bigger use now
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Looks like I’m not ranking him up, this is a complete counter to him lol
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    edited September 7
    Ya, it really makes him a liability in war where specific defensive masteries can applied from peoples regular offensive masteries set up. It’s happened to me three times this war already. It’s very disappointing. And the synergy with Iron Man didn’t seen to work to prevent it.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,069 ★★★★★
    I wish the Iron Man synergy was in his base kit, or if Nefaria had access to slow.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Member Posts: 294 ★★
    edited September 7
    Let’s add on it appears masteries are reversing his power also. Just boosted fought 4 mystics he worked vs 2. The other too his power kept draining so could not effectively alternate s1 and s2. I can only think it’s a mastery causing it since it’s not the node. All 4 were tactic and only happened in 2 of the 4 fights.
    If champs like onslaught and photon can turn off masteries, Count should turn off unfazed, little ridiculous that was an oversight.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,069 ★★★★★

If champs like onslaught and photon can turn off masteries, Count should turn off unfazed, little ridiculous that was an oversight.

This. We should benefit from attackers turning off defenders masteries. For example Shathra’s atrophy disables Stand your Ground

Should Elsa Bloodstone, Spider-Ham and Mister Negative turn off Unfazed, too?

Champions with Evades/counter-evades have always had to be careful against opponents who might be running Unfazed. Why should Count Nefaria get special treatment?
    Not just them, Kate (she can wait it out) too. This is why I didn't go for the 7* tbh.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

Champions with Evades/counter-evades have always had to be careful against opponents who might be running Unfazed. Why should Count Nefaria get special treatment?
    Not just them, Kate (she can wait it out) too. This is why I didn't go for the 7* tbh.
    Add bullseye too
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 85 ★★
    I think Count is a little different than the other champs mentioned because he literally needs to evade to ramp up. That’s how he was built. Unfazed doesn’t shut down those other champs just takes a piece of utility away potentially that’s not required for their ramp up.

I think Count is a little different than the other champs mentioned because he literally needs to evade to ramp up. That’s how he was built. Unfazed doesn’t shut down those other champs just takes a piece of utility away potentially that’s not required for their ramp up.

Even more of a reason to not buy him. And clearly it was a decision to put the counter in his synergies to not make him too broken.
    edited September 7
    One small fix, give a grit passive for 1 sec whenever he evades.

Funny how stuff like this can be easily fixed, but leaving them unfixed almost makes the said champ unusable, still kabam refuse to fix such stuff.

Day 29 of asking omega sentinel be able to refresh incenerates via sp1.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think he gets most his damage from evading the specials, probably making him a noodle if they run unfazed. Others not so much.

One small fix, give a grit passive for 1 sec whenever he evades.

Funny how stuff like this can be easily fixed, but leaving them unfixed almost makes the said champ unusable, still kabam refuse to fix such stuff.

Day 29 of asking omega sentinel be able to refresh incenerates via sp1.

The fact that they added it as a synergy suggests they knew this was going to happen.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Kate and Spiderpunk have a big advantage in this scenario, in that they stun their opponent (passively) when they Evade; so Unfazed isn't really an issue for them apart from those rare opponents immune to stun.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    Lesgo. Me with unfazed in Defense mastery setup.

Because the way he evades and is used is completely different. With those champs at least you can parry stun, but the way nefarious is played is as soon as you do the first parry you get instantly wrecked by an unstoppable attack.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★

Because the way he evades and is used is completely different. With those champs at least you can parry stun, but the way nefarious is played is as soon as you do the first parry you get instantly wrecked by an unstoppable attack.
    Elsa is in fact literally the exact same in this regard (Kate and Spider-punk too, but they inflict passive stuns when they do this so it’s only an problem if the opponent is stun immune). Again, Nefaria isn’t special.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,382 ★★★★★
    Gotta go back to the lab and retool his kit because there's no counter for Unfazed? I guess I missed Unfazed becoming something anyone cared about while I was avoiding AW like the plague. I definitely wouldn't have passed up getting him or ranking him up because of it. LOL. Sounds like crazy talk.
    Squidopus said:

Elsa is in fact literally the exact same in this regard (Kate and Spider-punk too, but they inflict passive stuns when they do this so it’s only an problem if the opponent is stun immune). Again, Nefaria isn’t special.
    Well then make him apply a passive stun too.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Sorry mate, but that's not right.

Elsa can't Parry-stun either: she Evades on any well-timed block, and then potentially eats an unstoppable counter-attack.

Ham can Evade, and then he's got an opponent who's both Unstoppable and Taunted. He's least affected by the group, since you can parry, and can avoid Evading without messing him up too much.

Negative is even worse off. Yes, he can Parry-stun, but his whole rotation is thrown off - his problem is beautifully described here by Squidopus:
    Squidopus said:

I mean no Nefaria isn’t really unique in that regard. Elsa isn’t hard reliant on her evade but she definitely takes a hit without it, plus she can’t disable her evade so if the opponent has unfazed you just can’t safely parry ever. Mr. Negative is also extremely reliant on his evade to ramp too. The only other way to convert light energy to dark energy is sp1, which is possible to make use of but I find it pretty tight to go from sp1 to sp2 before the dark energy expires and straight up impossible if you want to go for sp3. Needing to throw out 1 or 2 sp1s instead of just going straight sp2 is also way slower. I’d definitely avoid Elsa against an opponent with unfazed or an evade countering ability, and I’d just straight up ditch Negative completely in such a scenario. I’d argue Negative at least is equally as hurt by unfazed as Nefaria.
    Given that Elsa, Negs and Nefaria all now have Synergies to counter unstoppable, it's pretty certain that this was a deliberate balancing decision by Kabam, who (if you read these screenshots from his release notes) are obviously well aware of how he'll be affected by Unfazed:

Sorry mate, but that's not right.

Elsa can't Parry-stun either: she Evades on any well-timed block, and then potentially eats an unstoppable counter-attack.

Ham can Evade, and then he's got an opponent who's both Unstoppable and Taunted. He's least affected by the group, since you can parry, and can avoid Evading without messing him up too much.

Negative is even worse off. Yes, he can Parry-stun, but his whole rotation is thrown off - his problem is beautifully described here by Squidopus:
    Squidopus said:

I mean no Nefaria isn’t really unique in that regard. Elsa isn’t hard reliant on her evade but she definitely takes a hit without it, plus she can’t disable her evade so if the opponent has unfazed you just can’t safely parry ever. Mr. Negative is also extremely reliant on his evade to ramp too. The only other way to convert light energy to dark energy is sp1, which is possible to make use of but I find it pretty tight to go from sp1 to sp2 before the dark energy expires and straight up impossible if you want to go for sp3. Needing to throw out 1 or 2 sp1s instead of just going straight sp2 is also way slower. I’d definitely avoid Elsa against an opponent with unfazed or an evade countering ability, and I’d just straight up ditch Negative completely in such a scenario. I’d argue Negative at least is equally as hurt by unfazed as Nefaria.
    Given that Elsa, Negs and Nefaria all now have Synergies to counter unstoppable, it's pretty certain that this was a deliberate balancing decision by Kabam, who (if you read these screenshots from his release notes) are obviously well aware of how he'll be affected by Unfazed:

So yeah it seems intended.

Use Ironman synergy if count is your mvp then.