Why is Count Nefaria being power drained in War?

ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
I got lucky and pulled the 6* Count Nefaria from the promo code so I took him into war and I think he is bugged. When I entered ionic overcharge against tactic defenders I was steadily being power drained. It was so bad I could hardly get enough power to sp1.

He's supposed to get 60% of the power denied but I think somehow that power gain is being reversed on himself? I tried duels vs champs with power gain like Hyperion and the bug didn’t happen there. So I think it must be some strange interaction with the AW tactic. I hope they fix it because it makes him unusable in war.

I don’t know how to upload a video but it happened on this hazard shift Manthing as well as a Kushula on node 38, neither node affects my power gain.

A couple seconds later without throwing a special or anything all my power is gone

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

Update I watched my recordings a few times and I think it has to do with the tactic heal block, when it’s not active he’s stealing power like he should, when the heal block gets activated it seems to reverse his power gain.

The heal block reduces the power gain by 75%. So nefaria also gets his power steal reduced, which somehow leads him to lose power instead. Must be another bug.
    It’s unfortunate because he would be amazing for this tactic if he wasn’t bugged, he’d be constantly ramping up and passively power stealing.
    https://youtu.be/Ai2sLLLrb18

Figured out how to get a video to work, just a random section of the fight where the bug was occurring.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Member Posts: 395 ★★★
    Is this still happening?
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    I love when I spend for a champ that becomes useless in an event he should thrive in. AW tactic champ that constantly drained of power.
  • AgaddsAgadds Member Posts: 1
    Can confirm this is what’s happening. Just happened to me against a mephisto on node 10. Figured he was stealing the reversal. Hope this is not how he’s intended to work. That power is still being denied and he should be gaining it.
    Can we get confirmation if this is a bug or not?

Paid a lot of money for this champion and need to know if this is a intended interaction or not?
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★

Paid a lot of money for this champion and need to know if this is a intended interaction or not?

Forums is not the place anymore to ask questions - it’s discord now unfortunately
  • KabamDORKKabamDORK Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 69 ★★★
    edited September 7

Forums is not the place anymore to ask questions - it’s discord now unfortunately
    We're still very much active on both the Forums and Discord. Both are places to interact and ask questions, but we're still working on getting responses out more promptly.
    Amazing thank you for the response.

Appreciate it especially as it’s the weekend
    KabamDORK said:

I've got eyes on this. Will get this to the game team and get some answers. Likely though won't hear back until Monday at the earliest. Stay Tuned.

Thanks for update, just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    KabamDORK said:

We're still very much active on both the Forums and Discord. Both are places to interact and ask questions, but we're still working on getting responses out more promptly.
    Ah okay Dork, thanks for the response. I will have an eye on that if this stays true
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 161 ★★
    sad to see I can’t even throw an sp2 😭
    so many things going wrong recently and I know it’s not all in their control but every single thing has been bugged that I’ve been excited for, they took away raids, gave it back and then took it away again, Nefaria can’t even be used for tactic after they sell him away for hundreds, a bullseye bug assumeably with evade, the calendar crystal not giving anything, and there’s probably something else I’m forgetting. Hopefully this isn’t a sign for 9.1…
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    edited September 9
    (moving from a separate new thread to here. Keep it in one place, especially a place that Kabam has seen and commented in. So any replies would be here for all other existing “reply-ers to get notifications on, instead of a single entry new post that nobody else had been involved with. Thx)
    NüΚΞ said:

ANY UPDATE ON COUNT NEFARIA POWER DRAINING HIMSELF IN AW?

Kabam any update on this? He is constantly losing power in AW. Seems like a big oversight for a champ you sold in the glorious games mcoc store.

• NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    Thanks. I had to use a power back boost just to use sp1s
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 91
    lmao he gains 60% of power and the heal block reduces power gain by -75%, for some reason its doing 60-75% and ur losing 15% of the power per second. Because why should a character be tested before release
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    edited September 9
    I'm guessing this is an error in the coding where , which function (order of operation) comes first and how the Count's ability to steal power takes it value from.
    Because the normal ability is taking a percentage of power to steal regardless of what the current power rate should be doing, the Secutor node applies a negative 75% powerrate when active with 5+ Secutor charges. Looks like the Count then "steals" this power rate for yourself rather than the original Powerrate suggesting the tactic node power rate comes before everything else and Count's coding takes the top level powerrate as its own before modification thus resulting in power loss.
    Any word on what the game team has said?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    Hopefully they fix it very soon - had a shock bleed mystic mini I well wanted to test him vs in AW but had to switch to use sandy when I heard about this. I used him once before on path 9 and did wonder why I was finding it hard to spam specials and gain health when I was fighting a maw in section 2 - this bug was happening but I was too involve din the fight to notice.
    Any update? Has this issue been raised?
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    @KabamDORK Do you have any update on this with the next war getting ready to start?

Can we expect it to be fixed at the speed of a pro-player bug like the recent Prowler synergy bug?

Or will this last until after this war meta when his kit is far less valuable?
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Member Posts: 294 ★★
    It happened to me 2 aw ago. I faced 4 mystics and all 4 were tactics. It only happened in 2 of the 4 fights which leads me to believe it’s a mastery interaction.
  • AttishAttish Member Posts: 33
    edited September 11

@KabamDORK

Can we get someone who is actually addressing the ongoing pile of issues and the sad state of game and lack of communication?
    Why there is no one addressing the RAIDS issue ongoing with the Nefaria bug?
    It seems mods are avoiding these as banned topics.
    With the raids people lost resources while with nefaria many people paid for the deals a significant amount to get a bigger champ.
    Jkw634 said:

It happened to me 2 aw ago. I faced 4 mystics and all 4 were tactics. It only happened in 2 of the 4 fights which leads me to believe it’s a mastery interaction.

Do you remember which nodes didn’t have the bug occur? I fought an ebony maw that had increase power gain from one of the nodes and that fight wasn’t bugged maybe because Nefaria coudn’t reduce his power rate enough? Otherwise it happen on 3 other tactic champs including a mutant tactic defender.
  • PieceofmindPieceofmind Member Posts: 6

Jkw634 said:

Do you remember which nodes didn’t have the bug occur? I fought an ebony maw that had increase power gain from one of the nodes and that fight wasn’t bugged maybe because Nefaria coudn’t reduce his power rate enough? Otherwise it happen on 3 other tactic champs including a mutant tactic defender.
    In my case it did not happen in node 38.