Any OG Iron Man fans?

BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
I noticed that my 7 star tech roster is a bit weak and want to take up someone to r2. My only options are Iron Man and Punisher 2099. I like P99 but not a fan of his ramp up time unduped so I was looking at Iron Man. What do you guys use him for? Is he good for BGs since that’s where I’m mainly focused on right now? I know he counters Bishop so that’s nice. Would love to hear you guys’ opinion on him and whether he’s worth the r2

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Here’s my tech r1s by the way. Completely forgot about Warlock too. He’s slow for BGs but has uses elsewhere (and can stall as a defender and take a little health off since he’s sig 40)

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    edited September 9
    I have him (only as a 5 star though), but he is really good. One of the better buffs we’ve gotten.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

He's a very good champ, got some good immunities since the rework , big damage, can counter some mystics well with his armour ups that can't be neutralised/nullified or staggered by non-Cosmics. lots of utility and decent synergy list. Warlock is also great.. .those two will be my choice to rank up.

Plus he can be a decent defender because of the armors making him super tanky
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,087 ★★★★
    I R2’d my OG Iron Man, and then got lucky and duped him. I did it because Iron Man has always been one of my top 2 favorites, and I figured I’d eventually get the dup, and his buff really was outstanding. That said, unless you are a huge Iron man fan I’d probably take up your duped Warlock first. OG Iron Man’s dup really does help him.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    Og Ironman is definitely very good. Can nuke bishop and lot other mutants. Not the best in bgs, but put solid work in there.

He is definitely a mid defender but without a counter he stalls endlessly. Just practice parrying opponents special before taking him up.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    Also, Who doesn't wanna rank up the smartest and coolest Avenger? 😎
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    I would use him more but his Janky manual regen trigger annoys me so much that it takes any fun out of him honestly. He's good for sure but that regen triggering when I'm at 90% health in the first fight in a quest boils my blood