What makes Onslaught the best mutant

Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Member Posts: 889 ★★★
I have been seeing everyone referring to him as the best mutant in the game. I pulled a 6star one and has been debating whether he shall be my first mutant r4 champ.

Can you tell me what makes him so great and also his rotation, how to make neuroshock last on opponents without risking getting hit during heavy. Is he viable in story content like act8 and onwards. Thanks.

Comments

• Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    To add what @Nemesis_17 said (as he is spot on):

On defense: A lot of better players learned how to dex his SP1 but he is still hold his own as a defender just because you are wanting to bait SP1’s. Not a lot of room for error either and his crush ability still catches me off guard which messes you up in BG’s.

On offense: doesn’t have prowess buffs or really any buffs needed to cause damage… so a safer play on nodes that punish buffs and against mystic dispersion defenders.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    His kit is just crazy versatile. I use him on path 5 all the time in AW, he just blitzes through so much
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    His rotation is very tight so keep that on mind.

1-2 sp1 (depending on health) and you gotta do heavies when you not stunned for pausing his neuros and degens, like nemesis said.

The best way to do it is, parry, and hold the heavy, launch is as soon as the stun ends, The window is right but with practice you can do it. Also relic stuns an passive stuns can grant extended pause as well. But the best way is to parry, and heavy as soon as the stun ends.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,103 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

He’s not the best, he is top 5 mutant

I can’t think of a single mutant I’d put over him in the current state of the game other than maybe Kitty but she’s 6* locked and hasn’t been as relevant
    I prefer domino and sinister over him but that’s just my preference
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,074 ★★★★★

Who is the best in your opinion? Kitty?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I can’t think of a single mutant I’d put over him in the current state of the game other than maybe Kitty but she’s 6* locked and hasn’t been as relevant
    Oh I actually forgot about sinister. If there’s no inequity, I actually agree, he’s probably tied for the best. I personally think he’s a harder defender than Onslaught and he’s a better attacker for shorter fights if there’s no inequity but that’s the only thing holding him back

Onslaught is the long form content king though, I’d put them around the same level. Domino is great too, I think she’s also harder than onslaught and has less counter’s especially in metas like this, and she can be a better attacker for short form depending on rng
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Oh I actually forgot about sinister. If there’s no inequity, I actually agree, he’s probably tied for the best. I personally think he’s a harder defender than Onslaught and he’s a better attacker for shorter fights if there’s no inequity but that’s the only thing holding him back

Onslaught is the long form content king though, I’d put them around the same level. Domino is great too, I think she’s also harder than onslaught and has less counter’s especially in metas like this, and she can be a better attacker for short form depending on rng
    Other mutants may hit harder on offense, or potentially be more difficult on defense*, but nobody is B+ or better in all categories (offense, defense, utility, short fights, long fights, etc) like Onslaught. I think that is what puts Onslaught at the top.

*Sinister/Domino may be more difficult defensively, but their defensive menace is easily turned off by hard counters. Onslaught doesn't have hard counters. Although any non-metal champion could theoretically handle him, it is still on Onslaught's terms and you still have to deal with it. There isn't anybody who simply turns off his abilities, unlike how a Nimrod or other robots can just ignore the Sinister/Domino's abilities.

But, I agree that this could lead to some differences in opinion - some may think a better defender is the one that road blocks you if you don't have the right counter, while others may think the better defender is the one where you have to deal with their abilities everytime.

Ultimately, I think the nail in the coffin that "Mister Sinister is the best mutant" is that Kabam is giving away a 7-star Sinister for free.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Weapon X is also much faster for the matchups he works in for BGs (for Sinister as well cause of inequity)
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    He's not the best mutant, but he is clearly one of them. He is relatively slow in BG's as an attacker by most measures.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Member Posts: 343 ★★★
    altavista said:

Onslaught doesn't have hard counters.

Have you ever fought with Havok against him? Onslaught basically auto-melted himself.

BeastDad said:

He's not the best mutant, but he is clearly one of them. He is relatively slow in BG's as an attacker by most measures.

One sp1 and one sp2 is enough for most defenders
    EdisonLaw said:

Nope for me it’s between sinister and domino
    edited September 9
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

It guess it depends on what you’re looking for, I prefer short form content. I don’t do long stuff
    edited September 9

EdisonLaw said:

For me on attack it's Sinister, Bishop/Kitty and Onslaught. Domino is too RNG based for me to be used on attack, even more than Archangel.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

For me on attack it's Sinister, Bishop/Kitty and Onslaught. Domino is too RNG based for me to be used on attack, even more than Archangel.
    Yah she is rng but when it goes right it’s a beautiful thing to see and for me more often she goes right unless I’m fighting a bullseye aw boss lol