What are our thoughts on 7* Weapon X?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★
So if you've been living under a rock for the last 2 months (which is fine since he costed a fortune to get) then check these 2 videos out by Vega and Trappy before you comment. Otherwise if you already have him at a rank 2 or rank 3, would love to hear from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyOlr9M-1CM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7VWYl6vw0

Before with the 6* he was mainly seen as just a defender , but now he looks like a solid dual threat, and at r3 can even be a nuke.

Even with an armor buff node, he took Nick in 40s. He took a Bullseye in 29s.

In the Kindred fight, Vega ate a sp1 and a combo and still finished with full health. He ate an sp3 against a Sassy and still finished with a 48.5k score.

He might even be better than 7* Sinister or at the very least a better attacker since Sinister is gipped by Inequity. Trappy even included him in his top 10 dual threats video

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,088 ★★★★★
    He has crazy regen to live through even if he gets hit, and also has crazy damage + is definitely a annoying dual threat without a counter.

He is definitely goated but not as good as sinister imo, Because 7* sinister at r3 is not affected much by inequity, and sinister also have other crazy Abilities. Sinister can take minimal damage from dot effects if you play right. You also have to land few hits with him, so less power for opponents.
    PT_99 said:

Him being attacker now really did him favour.

Because ladyD really dumped him down to meme tier defender.

Even before her, Nimrod made him meme tier. That's why most players removed the 6* wpx from their roster. Now with 7* he may live for a long time since he is now good in attack as well.
  • WeaponX4XWeaponX4X Member Posts: 64
    The only momentary thought of buying the 7* awakening gem was the motivation to awaken him. But then I remember having spent to get him in the first place and my inner monologue succeeded in stopping it. But yes he’s a pretty darn good attacker at r3
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 523 ★★★
    edited September 9
    I love my rank 2. Tempted to rank 3. Have to get the rotation down against Bullseye. I’ve had fights where I finished with full health and others where I barely survived, lol.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★
    7* R2 was fun in EQ this month with only specials, heavies, and unblockables causing damage. Haven’t been brave enough to try the Bullseye battleground fight yet. Might as well I suppose.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    edited September 9
    I wish OG Wolverine is as good as him

#JusticeForWolverine
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★
    He shredded SOS MoleMan
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,368 ★★★★★

He shredded SOS MoleMan

I'm glad i have him, didn't want to waste mats ranking up Toad
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,288 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

He shredded SOS MoleMan

I'm sorry what? Toad is the champ I regret ranking the least and he r6 max sig. He is broken on attack and defence and counters pretty much all purify skill champs. Champs like kingpin just melt against him. He is legit the perfect mutant champ in every way.

Polygon said:

He shredded SOS MoleMan

I'm sorry what? Toad is the champ I regret ranking the least and he r6 max sig. He is broken on attack and defence and counters pretty much all purify skill champs. Champs like kingpin just melt against him. He is legit the perfect mutant champ in every way.
    Ive never seen people hype toad , but its different for roster progression. Personally if i was going to put a 6* mutant in my deck that didn't exist as a 7* , it would be iceman
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,288 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

He shredded SOS MoleMan

Ive never seen people hype toad , but its different for roster progression. Personally if i was going to put a 6* mutant in my deck that didn't exist as a 7* , it would be iceman
    I have r4 iceman as well and toad is just better imo in every way, except maybe immunities
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,734 ★★★★★
    edited September 9
    He's solid. Photon destroys him

He's solid. Photon destroys him

Debatable, with r3 and his regen (photons petrify wont affect it), unless you just mean from the raw damage and miss

PT_99 said:

Even before her, Nimrod made him meme tier. That's why most players removed the 6* wpx from their roster. Now with 7* he may live for a long time since he is now good in attack as well.
    @captain_rogers @PT_99 to be fair nobody really runs nimrod anymore, and even less run LDS in most decks i come across, so he has that in his favor
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

@captain_rogers @PT_99 to be fair nobody really runs nimrod anymore, and even less run LDS in most decks i come across, so he has that in his favor
    LadyD is great Domino, Havok, Mr Sin, Toad, photon, some people are even taking Bullseye due to her healing from specials

But the reason she's not so good is due to Kabam's circus mind and giving her rupture damage from armors instead of base damage, so she doesn't benefit from any meta nodes that increases attack damage and so remains mid damge.
    PT_99 said:

Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

LadyD is great Domino, Havok, Mr Sin, Toad, photon, some people are even taking Bullseye due to her healing from specials

But the reason she's not so good is due to Kabam's circus mind and giving her rupture damage from armors instead of base damage, so she doesn't benefit from any meta nodes that increases attack damage and so remains mid damge.
    I mean, it is a good concept, But if kabam converted any increase in attack directly into increase in armor (Like for Aegon any increase in crit rating is converted to crit damage rating) She would have been super cool.
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 149

PT_99 said:

Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

I mean, it is a good concept, But if kabam converted any increase in attack directly into increase in armor (Like for Aegon any increase in crit rating is converted to crit damage rating) She would have been super cool.
    I also wish Lady Deathstrike would get a tune-up in regards of damage. A 20-25% increase in damage would make her a solid champion.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 779 ★★★★
    He’s always been a good attacker, I have my 6* maxed out and I use him more on attack than on defense.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,857 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

He shredded SOS MoleMan

Apart from his victory animation.

I just can't watch it - makes me retch...

If he had a different animation, I'd probably have mine ranked up; but he's staying at R1 where I don't have to look at him... 🤢
    edited September 10

He’s always been a good attacker, I have my 6* maxed out and I use him more on attack than on defense.

@ThePredator1001 think the 7* at r3 would also be pretty mid on defense? Even with less nimrod/LDS in decks and just a generic attacker matchup?
    Polygon said:

@ThePredator1001 think the 7* at r3 would also be pretty mid on defense? Even with less nimrod/LDS in decks and just a generic attacker matchup?
    I don’t think he’s mid on defense, he’s a solid option. You just can’t place him when they have a good counter for him. I’d compare him to Thing as a defender. If you put Thing on defense when they have falcon of Kingpin he’s gonna go down quick. But when they don’t have a counter he’ll stall time and sometimes catch people dealing some solid damage or killing them.

Weapon X is the same way, if they don’t draw a counter anyone can fight him but you’re gonna have to waste time dancing by around his unblockable and unstoppable and if he clips you it hurts a lot. I think a 7* R3 would be a great dual threat champ. If they draft a counter then just use him for attack.

Polygon said:

I don’t think he’s mid on defense, he’s a solid option. You just can’t place him when they have a good counter for him. I’d compare him to Thing as a defender. If you put Thing on defense when they have falcon of Kingpin he’s gonna go down quick. But when they don’t have a counter he’ll stall time and sometimes catch people dealing some solid damage or killing them.

Weapon X is the same way, if they don’t draw a counter anyone can fight him but you’re gonna have to waste time dancing by around his unblockable and unstoppable and if he clips you it hurts a lot. I think a 7* R3 would be a great dual threat champ. If they draft a counter then just use him for attack.
    Yeah im just torn because I just pulled Domino and I suspect Cyber deals could have a saga AG or launch pool delector to dupe her. And there's also 7* sinister coming out.

Feel like having 4 mutant dual threats in your deck at once (if you count Onslaught as well, might be overkill)

Also I'm not sure id say that weapon X needs a counter , it would definitely help, but you can play around the unblockable. Though ofc at r3 the room for error would be a lot less
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Yeah im just torn because I just pulled Domino and I suspect Cyber deals could have a saga AG or launch pool delector to dupe her. And there's also 7* sinister coming out.

Feel like having 4 mutant dual threats in your deck at once (if you count Onslaught as well, might be overkill)

Also I'm not sure id say that weapon X needs a counter , it would definitely help, but you can play around the unblockable. Though ofc at r3 the room for error would be a lot less
    I agree weapon X doesn’t need a counter to fight, I just meant he’ll be a time stall without a counter since you have to wait out his rage, but if you’re unsure on the rank up there’s no harm in waiting to see what the banquet holds. But I agree 4 mutant dual threats maybe abit much but depends on your roster.
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 158 ★★
    R3