Summer of Suffering Part 3

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    It became a lot easier once I actually bothered to read the nodes.
  • HilldarHilldar Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Black cat was a great option for the 2022 objective. 2 revives but mine is 7r3.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    kus234 said:

Ashacekar said:

I used Shang Chi, Titania and Silk. I felt it as one of the easiest SoS.

Yeah say WHT ever .. no one is going to validate ur item or unit usage... 99% of community is saying it's **** but then we have these 1% heroes..
    I think he is right, it is one of the easier ones when you understand the nodes.

Silk if you have her makes it very simple as she can always dodge the specials as silk does not activate dex. Tbf mine’s R3 but a nice solo after a few attempts.

I’m currently trying scorpion and he’s doing ok, down to 20% best so far, just need to play around with the charges she builds.

I thought the AI on this one was quite fair, she seems fairly aggressive for some good intercepts and baiting SP1 but dashes back enough for me to hit into block so I can gain the petrify to balance my power against the special timer.

And again, a meta defender that is teaching us all how to play against effectively, the same as Onslaught.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    With Silk, how do you play around not being able to heavy stun like normal?
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    altavista said:

With Silk, how do you play around not being able to heavy stun like normal?

Just finish on a medium. Takes a little longer and no passive furies but your specials still do a bit of burst damage. I have a hulk relic so that gives a little boost too.
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 335 ★★
    Squidopus said:

Grub88 said:

Am I missing something, you can only cast at max a special 2 every 15 seconds but every 15 seconds you gain 2.25 bars of power so inevitably after 4 special you either have to take 50% of your current health or go to special 3 and take 50% of your max health. What a joke!

The intended fight design seems to be using the petrify debuff from the node and Photon’s base kit petrify passive to control your power gain and prevent yourself from taking unnecessary damage. It’s still some tight timing though.
    Thanks that was the key I was missing I will have another go after work
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    edited September 11
    Sam Wilson beats her easily with locked on for 2022.
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    Got it done with Pig, Bullseye and Mantis. Mantis was the quickest and easiest fight for me due to her monster SP2. Not an enjoyable boss for me so I’m glad it’s over for now.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 184
    Garlo said:

Very easy fight, you only have to control the timing, I used Zemo r5a, Hulkling r5a and Spider Star 7* r3, no revives used.

Yup I had this same idea. He’s gonna be my goat on this one. Don’t know what I’m going to do yet for skill objective
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,775 ★★★★★
    Shang chi - solo
    Silk- a revive or 2
    Black cat - wasn't the best for the fight, took 5 revives.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    edited September 11

Glassback said:

kus234 said:

Ashacekar said:

Yeah say WHT ever .. no one is going to validate ur item or unit usage... 99% of community is saying it's **** but then we have these 1% heroes..
    I think he is right, it is one of the easier ones when you understand the nodes.
    MFers just be over here running into WoW and SoS x2 just willy nilly half the time without even reading the nodes? Must be nice lol.
  • QucolucrjuQucolucrju Member Posts: 19
    Unduped 7* R3 Black Cat- 1 revive
    Unduped 7* R3 Patriot - 1 revive
    Sig 80 7* R3 Spider-Punk - 0 revives
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I used Bullseye for the Skill/M objective, Mantis for the 2022 one, and finally Spidey Supreme for the #Spider-Heroes one.

Bullseye just worked as well as you'd imagine.

Mantis was quite tricky since you can't just hit into Photon's block with reckless abandon in order to build up Mantis' charges (I forget what they're called), but she deals so much damage when she's ramped up that it's worth the hassle to get there.

Spidey Supreme worked really well, as long as you are good at intercepting Photon a ton. Basically, intercepts and SP1s to build up his spider seals, then SP2s when you're in the spider totem phase. Once in that spider totem phase, you'll gain so much power from both the node and from Spidey Supreme's passive power gain, that you can easily chain together several SP2s back-to-back. While that might seem like a bad idea since there's a node that punishes you for not taking it slow, remember that the damage you take is only 50% of your current health - meaning, it will never outright KO you. You'll just end up with very little health. However, one such cycle can take down about 40% of Photon's health, so if you manage to get two cycles in, you're almost there.

I didn't get a solo with either of them, but I bet I could get a solo if I wasn't trying to just get it out of the way so that I can focus on 9.1.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    I just finished it with Bullseye. The secret is to juggle your power. As default, you have power gain, but you don’t wanna get it to sp3 so you use before you’re at sp3. But then you have performance anxiety so you hit her block with a light attack to reverse your power gain before it hits sp3. Just gotta juggle those two things and you can take it with anyone
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,812 ★★★★
    Silk was great for spider-verse hero
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★
    edited September 12

Ugh I hate fighting photon lol

Lmao I felt every bit of this
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,680 ★★★★★

Hell nah

😂😂😂😂
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    Done with Silk, Tits and Nick.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    Nick. Silk and Walmart cap.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    Spam 1 revive, Black Cat 2, Shang Chi didn’t go as well. Maybe 4 or 5? I seemed to be playing less and less well as I went…all stash anyway so didn’t really matter.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Skill M : Moon dragon
    Spider : Silk
    2022: Haven't decided who to use
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★

Skill M : Moon dragon
    Spider : Silk
    2022: Haven't decided who to use

I had a couple of tries with galan, can remove big chunks if the ai cooperates.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    edited September 12
    Yoo it's fun fight, actually enjoying it with shangchi,
    Idk about other 2 objectives for now

Use petrify to reverse power gain also
    Other 2 options are

Ham and Mantis, at least Kabam gave us easy options.
  • HopiLiamHopiLiam Member Posts: 4
    edited September 12
    So far, I've used;
    2022 champ --> Shuri (to block unblockable specials) 0 revive, more than 10 tries
    Spider-verse --> Silk (auto evade unblockable specials + huge damage output) 0 revive, less than 10 tries
    Skill M ---> not yet (thinking of an awaken Ronin so he can auto evade unblockable specials when he has 7 cruelty passives)

TIPS:
    1) Make sure to hit Photon's block with a Light attack only ONCE when your power bar is close to 2 bar or a bit above it.

2) Never hit with a Light when your power bar is not half way to 2 bar (cuz you're risking to die from the node)

All the best!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★

Glassback said:

kus234 said:

Ashacekar said:

MFers just be over here running into WoW and SoS x2 just willy nilly half the time without even reading the nodes? Must be nice lol.
    This was literally my first comment on this thread. Also went blind to the other bosses and managed to figure it out mid fight and still one-shot couple of times.

I'm at a stage where I'm not going to bother reading 10 lines of node text for every fight
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Member Posts: 684 ★★★
    Silk made the fight pretty easy. Also used Quicksilver and Shang-chi
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    A few tips:

7* R2 Mantis worked well with using a ML then as much intercepts with mediums until she hits 1 bar of power, let her throw the SP1, until then you should almost have the SP2 ready with 18-20 charges, boom.

7* R3 sig 20 Spider-Ham: I only used SP2, after that it can get really close to wait out the timer before you hit 3 bars of power but 2-3 cycles are possible and she has so many power stings that it's almost enough to kill her. Gaining the petrify from the light blocks can help you with the timer obviously

6* R5 Nick Fury: Just do as much damage as possible before you die, took a few revives but in second life even without bleeds hi hits pretty hard. Maybe with a power boost and the relic you can stun lock her with SP2 with some RNG luck

All in all for me it was trickier than Destroyer and Mole Man fights, but i have some expiring revives so i didn't really care if its a solo. All in all i don't like Photon so naturally i didn't love this fight..

Good luck everyone!
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★
    Valkyrie does it easily
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,966 ★★★★
    edited September 12
    kus234 said:

Ashacekar said:

Understandable, i also get angry when top players comment it's easy fight while i personally struggle.

However for this one, i knew the node abilities from leaks and was mentally prepared, don't reach sp3, don't go to 0 power , and don't repeat specials until a timer.

Shang needed 3-4 sp2s and timing went fine.
    With Titania i used one revive, was able to spam specials while indestructible.
    Silk can always dodge photon specials which is very handy. I needed a revive there.
    Also there's no damage cap or damage mechanics so top champs did good damage.

So my time of completion was very quick, even the moleman i needed more time and i was quick to comment. Perhaps those were just the champs. It's definitely tough with other attackers i see.