9.1 Thoughts?

shield311shield311 Member Posts: 413 ★★
Personally I feel like its too lengthy and the nodes are overkill for alot of paths and bosses, footloose being put onto more than 40% paths and bosses is annoying, same for deja vu unblockable.

Most fights take like 3-5 min to do if you do not have the perfect counter for it. No comments on orochi, she seems fine, cheesable with alot of champs.

Classic long fight example here, 6min nimrod take down, tho not all matchups are this long but they aren't as short and fun like they were in act 8. Its just more stressful and long. Anyways

Happy with the pull not the chapter overall 🙂

Gonna explore those horrendous nodes rn for valiant 🙏

Comments

• Triclops1224Triclops1224 Member Posts: 115 ★★
    Just finished exploring it. A couple paths are annoying, but by and large, it’s fairly easy. I actually miss the 6 path format. I felt less inclined to binge it all at once when that was the norm.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    Finished exploring in about 5 hours of playtime. It was long but it was easy and cheap. My r3 silk and r3 destroyer carried the whole thing. I also found abs man, juggs, and kp to be helpful. And yes the herc did come out lol
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★

I actually think 9.1 is a step in the wrong direction again

Fights are slightly too long and too punishing, especially for the start of a story act.

feels like its tuned for R3 7* and kabam has been far to stingy with those

Some of the nodes are 100% broken like the 9.1.3 power gain path. 5-6 scourges is 100% power gain in about 6 seconds, instead of what its listed at

It definitely not to long did the first quset and it felt more like it something you just do because you hav to to get meing full rewards. This act 9 means for 7 star roster R3 has ben one of the best obviously whale has like 18 to 20 i have 15 obviously i has whales a bit but honestly to stings isn’t the word if there ben multiple way to get lots of r3 mat combined with unit deals obviously 36k unit is alot but there was 2 r3 from July sale for 36k unit and act 9 is mean for act 9 definitely not to long for what i play

Finished exploring in about 5 hours of playtime. It was long but it was easy and cheap. My r3 silk and r3 destroyer carried the whole thing. I also found abs man, juggs, and kp to be helpful. And yes the herc did come out lol

5 huers no way long tbh it pretty short compared to anything els.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,394 ★★★★★

Fights are slightly too long and too punishing, especially for the start of a story act.

Some of the nodes are 100% broken like the 9.1.3 power gain path. 5-6 scourges is 100% power gain in about 6 seconds, instead of what its listed at

Start of a story act doesn't mean anything. You have 8 acts before to build your roster and skill. We don't need to go back in difficulty just cause it's the start of 9.
    Story has just become boring and easy content sadly
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,764 ★★★★★
    I loved it but few things i hated was in fact the power gain being not correct and healthpools like sure they had to increase but it felt like a slog fest unless ur champ hits for 20-30ks shocker heavy knockdown was a pain as the unstoppable but orochi amazing fight.
  • justarandomusernamejustarandomusername Member Posts: 36
    I honestly enjoyed it and contrary to what many of you commenting think, I feel like this is a step in the right direction. I liked the lenghtier fights and its a piece of content that gets released every like 6 months or so, I don't see why it should be a breeze like many had expected (Ignore the fact that I've already explored it). I'm fully aware that I can't speak on behalf of the community but I myself prefer the 1-2 minute fights more.

On to the paths and bosses, I think they were mostly fine except for a few quite flawed ones. The power gain on that one path was pretty much broken and the shock path had kind of questionable defenders put. Bosses were reasonable for the most part as well imo, cheesed claire with anti-venom so I unfortunately can't really share the concerns of the people struggling.

Overall, I've enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous chapters mainly because of the difficulty increase if you can call it that. Giving time to some of my often forgotten champions and having to adapt to the versatility requirements was fun. Also I almost never used herc and the immortality, for which I feel like I should give props to Kabam.

To conclude, I've enjoyed this kind of time consuming piece of content and hope to see more of it in the future. Appreciate all the hard work put.

TLDR: Don't let the release of this new story content distract you from the fact that serpent still isn't nerfed and is running wild in bgs. Content was cool though.
  • glenedictglenedict Member Posts: 9
    personally I'm hating it, as a f2p player of fairly average skill its just so bad. paths feel like they're either a complete joke and a waste of my time or 3000 times more difficult than it needs to be. kabob has gotten so lazy with quest design. back in act 6 every single quest had a clearly defined single node that may have been difficult , but at least it was interesting. 9.1 just feels like uhhhhh, footloose or mix master? every path has maybe one more node than it needs and the entire thing feels overly long, with health pools skyrocketing. bosses are ok, although I wish they where more intresting. my best counter for orochi is a r4 non ascended shuri and it is HELL, easily the worst fight in the game. removing the 6* boost is silly as most people who aren't whales/gambling addicts dont have crazy 7* rosters. tbh my main issue is the overturned damage though. a single combo from a path fight doesn't really need to deal 50% of my health does it? ik kabam doesn't really care about appealing to me as I'm not a whale, but come on, its so awful.

More tedious than difficult so far.

The only one I really enjoy was the final boss wasn’t hard a bit boring to kill it 6 time should had a bit more hp
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    edited September 12
    After being done exploring, I think I can boil it down to this: the bosses are easy, the paths are long, annoying and boring. Maybe a couple bosses were somewhat challenging, but when compared to several paths they were a breath of fresh air and ultimately still somewhat unexciting.
    It isn't difficult content, and is definitely a step up from Act 8. But the increase in difficulty (it really wasn't more difficult) was increased health pools, removal of attack boost for 6*, and nodes that competed with each other (looking at you diss track and debuff immunity) to stretch the fight out even further. There was a lack of imagination and creativity and the result was lengthening fairly boring content.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    Good or not based on what ??
    --- difficulty/ ease
    --- rewards
    --- time u need to give

U can say that for any game mode lengthy if u don't have counters 🤦🤦. it's 3 paths lol

Act 9.1 for the difficulty level the rewards are great.
    The nodes & paths are perfect if they made it a little harder everyone would complain . Easy too easy so I think it's perfect balance .

Valiant - anyone can get valiant by act 8+ 9.1
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    edited September 13
    Hmm y’all thoughts are interesting. Some fights were long but it was easy, but then again I have a big roster.
  • Jaffa_Jaffa_ Member Posts: 38
    Only enjoyed the last boss. After exploring it I really don’t like the scourge nodes, weapon nodes are much more fun. Too much debuff immune, unstoppable and a ublockable that just slowed everything down and felt like a chore instead of fun
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    iHulk relic cheese the goat once again
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Not as bad as pre nerf act 6 (from what I've seen)
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,923 ★★★★
    Pretty annoying and tedious, but at least its only 3 paths, and Orochi is a pretty easy boss. I do agree the nodes need to be toned down though
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Member Posts: 371
    It was a bit tough but fun. This is meant to be end-game type of content so it wasn't going to be easy, it's meant to reward you for conquering the challenge. I did a path in 9.1.6 with two rank 4 6*s and mostly used ascended 6* rank 5s to explore un-boosted, so it is doable and not necessarily tuned to 7* rank 3s as someone previously mentioned. I had at most two troublesome paths and one annoying boss - Claire, but all in all it was a fair challenge.
  • FlipBoyFlipBoy Member Posts: 104
    I just finished 9.1.2 and moving onto 9.1.3
    So far the paths have been lackluster and boring. Weapon nodes are much more fun than those new scourge ones. That's a step back. The missing 6* attack boosts is a step back. This is catered towards whales and spenders with big rosters. I feel bad for the f2p players and those with smaller rosters. The bosses so far are fine. It's the paths that kills this chapter. The paths are lame, boring and some pretty bad node combinations. So far, I think Act 8 is far better and more fun.
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 823 ★★★
    Was hoping for a more interesting boss fight. I liked fighting corrupted versions of champs earlier. Scytalis, bahamet, cerastes and glykhan were so much fun then there's orochi whom I used my R1 Lady D and she died fairly easy. Not complaining about the difficulty but was expecting a fight with cooler mechanics like bahamet or cerastes.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,081 ★★★★
    I used my r3 serpent for basically everything and I'm up to 9.1..5 one before boss. I feel like either you have a counter for the nodes or you have a r3 7 to smash content with. I'm the latter
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 759 ★★★

It feels broken and messy. It was a revive fest for me, which is never fun for anyone
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 413 ★★

Here's my rant

9.1.4 claire - absolute bs.
    9.1.4 scourge + footloose path - another lazy node.
    It seems like they removed thunderstruck thor, and fixed the power gain in 9.1.3 but I'm still mad.
    9.1.5 tech pierce path, absolute bs. Ai refuse to intercept.
    9.1.5 shocker and kraven boss - i hate em.

🤧🤧😭😭😭 that claire bro, took in my entire science arsenal and she wont budge
  • Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Member Posts: 336 ★★★

Here's my rant

It seems like they removed thunderstruck thor, and fixed the power gain in 9.1.3 but I'm still mad.

Void made the Claire fight an absolute joke

Venom tore open a new hole for Kraven boss. Not looking forward to the Shocker boss fight.

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 759 ★★★

Here's my rant

Kraken wasn't that bad for me. Haven't fought shocker yet tho and now I'm dreading it