What's your thoughts on The Leader?

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Member Posts: 480 ★★★
Hey everyone,

Do we have any experts on the Leader here? I've been hyped for his arrival since he was teased but now that I landed a 7 star, I find his debuffs... somewhat lacking.

According to his spotlight, the Leader has one of the best heal/power reversal abilities in the game but whenever I fight against champs like Hulkling or Jabari Panther (Act 9.1.2 - final boss), his reversal feels nonexistent.

*in case you're wondering why I chose to use him against Jabari Panther in 9.1.2, it's because of his severe debuffs. I was hoping to power drain her using a 3 hit light combo and SP2 but barely made a difference.

Does anyone know if he's working properly or if perhaps I'm not using him correctly? I know his SP1 is for spectres (healing) and his SP2 is power dissolve (wither debuffs). You stack debuffs using a 3 hit light ending combo to stack them up (each debuff has a potency of 20%)

Insight into his gameplay would be appreciated. 👍

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

He's part of the reason I'm debating holding out my Titans until the February rotation

I've currently decided to hold until december, but actually the latest 6 champs (hood, SIM, Arcade,leader, northstar and whoever the other) aren't really exciting for me personally. But I want to pull shathra soon. Holding until feb sounds too long for me, But actually it has the best outcome lol.
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Member Posts: 251
    He's not even good in lane 8 war last node rich get richer.You don't do something wrong is a wet green noodle
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Funny the released nefaria so close to him, who does exactly what leader does but with a bunch of other utilities and is actually usable and meta relevant, Lol.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,022 ★★★★★
    He's now being called Scuffed Count nefa
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 740 ★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Hey everyone,

Do we have any experts on the Leader here? I've been hyped for his arrival since he was teased but now that I landed a 7 star, I find his debuffs... somewhat lacking.

According to his spotlight, the Leader has one of the best heal/power reversal abilities in the game but whenever I fight against champs like Hulkling or Jabari Panther (Act 9.1.2 - final boss), his reversal feels nonexistent.

*in case you're wondering why I chose to use him against Jabari Panther in 9.1.2, it's because of his severe debuffs. I was hoping to power drain her using a 3 hit light combo and SP2 but barely made a difference.

Does anyone know if he's working properly or if perhaps I'm not using him correctly? I know his SP1 is for spectres (healing) and his SP2 is power dissolve (wither debuffs). You stack debuffs using a 3 hit light ending combo to stack them up (each debuff has a potency of 20%)

Insight into his gameplay would be appreciated. 👍

Pulled him as a 7*. I'd like to know what his optimal way to use him is, because I just don't understand how to use him. He's a bit slow with whatever I was doing. He's also a bit risky
  • AsphyxiaAsphyxia Member Posts: 78
    Underrated!
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 135
    Hes underrated but still he isnt special at all
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★

Funny the released nefaria so close to him, who does exactly what leader does but with a bunch of other utilities and is actually usable and meta relevant, Lol.

He doesn't do exactly what nefaria does. Nefaria reduces and steals regen and power gain, whereas leader reverses them and actively punishes high regen and power gain
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
    Well as if ppl weren't already rating him very low, for me, Count nefaria was the last straw.
    2 Science champs that were released next to each other, and one of them have stupid bad damage while the other have great damage, and what ever you could use as an argument to justify the lack of dmg, is utility which Count nefaria have in a MUCH MUCH more comfortable quick and easy way, it's practically just there... you don't have to do anything. The Leader is dissappinting
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    Leader’s a bit underrated, but only in the sense that quite a lot of people can’t see nuance and either think a champ is god tier because they do everything well or they just completely suck. Does Leader need a buff? Sure, but really just in the damage department. He’s got quite a lot to like otherwise. Unpurifiable debuffs are really nice and means Leader is a debuff reliant science that doesn’t auto-lose when up against a tenacity or cleanse node, and duped he has access to a really nice constant steadfast which lets you block unblockable attacks (ALL unblockable attacks mind you, not just specials like most other champs). The constant AI manipulation is also cool and you do really feel the difference as you keep going for intercepts. I get the comparisons to Nefaria but even now it’s not like Leader’s completely outclassed by him.

General rotation is to just LLL backdraft intercept repeat. Keep your opponent on the green door as much as possible, add or remove hits to your combo as necessary to control the spacing. Throw sp1 or sp2 when available if you really want to abuse Leader’s regen or power gain reversal, but otherwise just build up to sp3 and launch just before the green door closes and your furies expire for some degen damage.

Honestly considering making a post to defend Leader a bit, talk about how he isn’t completely useless, what his unique strengths are, and what I might do to buff him. We’ll see if I get the motivation.

Also minor note to OP: Leader was never gonna help against 9.1.2 Jabari. She has no regen and her only power gain is a weak power snack node that gives her 25% of a bar of power every 7 seconds. Her major power gain is from permanent energizes which Leader (or any other ability power rate controller like Void or Nefaria) would be helpless against. Leader’s strengths lie elsewhere.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 429 ★★★
    TRASH
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Leader’s a bit underrated, but only in the sense that quite a lot of people can’t see nuance and either think a champ is god tier because they do everything well or they just completely suck. Does Leader need a buff? Sure, but really just in the damage department. He’s got quite a lot to like otherwise. Unpurifiable debuffs are really nice and means Leader is a debuff reliant science that doesn’t auto-lose when up against a tenacity or cleanse node, and duped he has access to a really nice constant steadfast which lets you block unblockable attacks (ALL unblockable attacks mind you, not just specials like most other champs). The constant AI manipulation is also cool and you do really feel the difference as you keep going for intercepts. I get the comparisons to Nefaria but even now it’s not like Leader’s completely outclassed by him.

General rotation is to just LLL backdraft intercept repeat. Keep your opponent on the green door as much as possible, add or remove hits to your combo as necessary to control the spacing. Throw sp1 or sp2 when available if you really want to abuse Leader’s regen or power gain reversal, but otherwise just build up to sp3 and launch just before the green door closes and your furies expire for some degen damage.

Honestly considering making a post to defend Leader a bit, talk about how he isn’t completely useless, what his unique strengths are, and what I might do to buff him. We’ll see if I get the motivation.

Also minor note to OP: Leader was never gonna help against 9.1.2 Jabari. She has no regen and her only power gain is a weak power snack node that gives her 25% of a bar of power every 7 seconds. Her major power gain is from permanent energizes which Leader (or any other ability power rate controller like Void or Nefaria) would be helpless against. Leader’s strengths lie elsewhere.

Good idea, because I think he is pretty underrated
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    Aw man I pulled leader from the titan but this doesn’t sound good lol. Legacy pulled him and was super excited, I wonder why?

Aw man I pulled leader from the titan but this doesn’t sound good lol. Legacy pulled him and was super excited, I wonder why?

Because both of you have different views. He thinks that Leader is good while you think he's not good

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Because both of you have different views. He thinks that Leader is good while you think he's not good

Do I need to manifest and believe silver sable is god tier cuz I got her too

EdisonLaw said:

Do I need to manifest and believe silver sable is god tier cuz I got her too
    Now see, that's the difference. Sable isn't really god tier and Leader is better than her
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    Thank you all for your feedback. It looks like the Leader is going to have to warm the bench until a buff comes along or whenever there's a high power/high regen node.

It's unfortunate but I'm still super excited to have him as a 7 star

*Although I'm super bummed that Modok and Leader didn't have better synergies. Their comicbook team up was pretty cool.
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Thank you all for your feedback. It looks like the Leader is going to have to warm the bench until a buff comes along or whenever there's a high power/high regen node.

It's unfortunate but I'm still super excited to have him as a 7 star

*Although I'm super bummed that Modok and Leader didn't have better synergies. Their comicbook team up was pretty cool.

He is still decent on defense with inequity and the protection passives making him tanky