Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

Whether he thinks so or not, they're not adjusting him. That's been confirmed twice. We might as well accept that fact.

I’ll accept it as fact when I can see some proof the rebalance team is worth anything at all. Absolutely worthless 6 month window in which they invariably choose to do nothing. 20 dollars say they cant even be asked to buff a garbage champ like Deathless Vision
    Or Silver Disable
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

It’s time kabam atleast noticed this or atleast acknowledges its here. @KabamDORK

@Kabam Crashed @Kabam Pinwheel
    I don't have time to read all 26 pages of this thread but I read a lot of it and since you tagged me I will say what I know. The thread's title answers its own question, Serpent really isn't getting rebalanced.

I had no idea whether or not he would be rebalanced until I read the forum post. I could have asked our balance team but I didn't bother. Why? Because I was agnostic to the results. If they had said he was too strong and needed to be rebalanced, I would have trusted them. They concluded he is having the meta impact that was intended, and I trust them.

So for me now it's about getting better fighting him and strategizing in Battlegrounds based on the meta (either ban him or include enough counters that I can deal with him). Right now I have been banning him but I just duped my Luke yesterday so I might start leaving him open to see if it gives me an advantage.

I don't really think there is anything else for me to say. The balance post is the team's official position.
    Can we atleast have more counters for him already. It's been 6 months he is out let us have some op attackers who can counter bull **** serpent.
    Count Nefaria and Shathra are this month and they seem to be decent counters. November I'm guessing we're getting Spiral (who is Mystic) who could be another.
    Nefaria is not a counter, he can't use his evade counter against Serpent if I am not wrong that's where his damage comes from.
    He still counters him, he just isn't the ultimate counter.

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

It’s time kabam atleast noticed this or atleast acknowledges its here. @KabamDORK

I don't have time to read all 26 pages of this thread but I read a lot of it and since you tagged me I will say what I know. The thread's title answers its own question, Serpent really isn't getting rebalanced.

I had no idea whether or not he would be rebalanced until I read the forum post. I could have asked our balance team but I didn't bother. Why? Because I was agnostic to the results. If they had said he was too strong and needed to be rebalanced, I would have trusted them. They concluded he is having the meta impact that was intended, and I trust them.

So for me now it's about getting better fighting him and strategizing in Battlegrounds based on the meta (either ban him or include enough counters that I can deal with him). Right now I have been banning him but I just duped my Luke yesterday so I might start leaving him open to see if it gives me an advantage.

I don't really think there is anything else for me to say. The balance post is the team's official position.
    Can we atleast have more counters for him already. It's been 6 months he is out let us have some op attackers who can counter bull **** serpent.
    Count Nefaria and Shathra are this month and they seem to be decent counters. November I'm guessing we're getting Spiral (who is Mystic) who could be another.
    Nefaria is not a counter, he can't use his evade counter against Serpent if I am not wrong that's where his damage comes from.
    He's a soft counter. Ionic overcharge still lowers his Death immunity regeneration, it lowers his power rate to 50%, also grants him a lot of physical and energy resistance to minimize block damage
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

He's a soft counter. Ionic overcharge still lowers his Death immunity regeneration, it lowers his power rate to 50%, also grants him a lot of physical and energy resistance to minimize block damage
    Don't know much about him, will try him if I get him from arena.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★
    Serpent restricts a lot of abilities through his kit. Would like to see how they handle this serpent problem through introducing more counters. Bursts are reduced, dots potency is reduced, crit damage and crits are reduced. They can't keep saying for us to ban serpents forever. Serpent looks like modern version of Korg who was annoying at release. Kabam should speed up the Serpent counters.
  • MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Member Posts: 76

Serpent restricts a lot of abilities through his kit. Would like to see how they handle this serpent problem through introducing more counters. Bursts are reduced, dots potency is reduced, crit damage and crits are reduced. They can't keep saying for us to ban serpents forever. Serpent looks like modern version of Korg who was annoying at release. Kabam should speed up the Serpent counters.

They can and will tell us to just ban Serp. Because its far easier than actually having to balance their game or even interact with the community
  • MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Member Posts: 76
    EdisonLaw said:

Whether he thinks so or not, they're not adjusting him. That's been confirmed twice. We might as well accept that fact.

I’ll accept it as fact when I can see some proof the rebalance team is worth anything at all. Absolutely worthless 6 month window in which they invariably choose to do nothing. 20 dollars say they cant even be asked to buff a garbage champ like Deathless Vision
    Or Silver Disable
    I’ve already accepted Silver Sable wont get buffed. Too strong. Hits their “Goals”. Trust their “Data”.

But Deathless Vision is just straight up worse than the regular vanilla variants. Surely they cant be so blind as to write him off as being in a good spot right?

EdisonLaw said:

Or Silver Disable
    I’ve already accepted Silver Sable wont get buffed. Too strong. Hits their “Goals”. Trust their “Data”.

But Deathless Vision is just straight up worse than the regular vanilla variants. Surely they cant be so blind as to write him off as being in a good spot right?

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

I don't disagree with most of what you said but I do want to point out dot works very well as long as it isn't bleed or coldsnap which is why I think Shathra is going to be the ultimate counter once we're able to get her.
    Still dumb though I hope they don't pull off this bs ever again, they want to milk the whales then make p2w events better, this is not the way.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,758 ★★★★★

They can and will tell us to just ban Serp. Because its far easier than actually having to balance their game or even interact with the community
    Maybe because the team has the data, and your feelings aren't a part of that data.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 237
    edited September 10
    Who tf is losing to Medusas 😭

These guys 😂😂😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,485 ★★★★★

They've been clear about the fact that they started this cadence to make small changes to Champs based on what their goals for them are. Not drastic reworks. Those are unique and take more work.
    They've made a whole host of changes to Champs. Just because it hasn't yielded everything you want doesn't mean it's useless.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    edited September 10

They've been clear about the fact that they started this cadence to make small changes to Champs based on what their goals for them are. Not drastic reworks. Those are unique and take more work.
    They've made a whole host of changes to Champs. Just because it hasn't yielded everything you want doesn't mean it's useless.
    As annoyed as I am about the poor judgement on 2024 champs that need that little bit of extra love to be great that they’ve been denied… Red Skull, Sinister, Luke and Superior Iron Man might be the best kits this year. So they do deserve some gold stars to go with the mud we have been slinging. I just don’t get the blind spot they have for the mediocrity that is most of 2024 attackers
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,239 ★★★★★
    edited September 10

Who tf is losing to Medusas 😭

These guys 😂😂😂

uru tier behaviour 💀
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 463 ★★★
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 429 ★★★
    WHAA??? Don't tell me y'all are done already? C'mon run it back TURBO 😂
    NERF SERPENT!!!!!! 🐍
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,239 ★★★★★
    imma be honest if I ever get a 7* serpent, I'll rank up him up for offense cause he fun to play ngl
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

Silk is a sneaky serpent counter. Can dex his sp2. This is in gc without the attack bonus.

Btw don't let this thread die before it reaches 1000 comments.

This is part of what’s such a shame imo. Silk could actually be a decent backup counter if serpent wasn’t such a tanky mf. If she could do that in 60s she’d be fine but 88 is rough. I feel like we’d find other potential backup/soft counters too if some of his mechanics weren’t so excessive. Like maybe pig would work decently if serpent’s instant burst resistance wasn’t so high, etc.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Silk is a sneaky serpent counter. Can dex his sp2. This is in gc without the attack bonus.

This is part of what’s such a shame imo. Silk could actually be a decent backup counter if serpent wasn’t such a tanky mf. If she could do that in 60s she’d be fine but 88 is rough. I feel like we’d find other potential backup/soft counters too if some of his mechanics weren’t so excessive. Like maybe pig would work decently if serpent’s instant burst resistance wasn’t so high, etc.
    Rintrah would be very good too if there wasn't all that crit penetration reduction.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

Rintrah would be very good too if there wasn't all that crit penetration reduction.
    I imagine there’s quite a few champs who would work if not for one singular mechanic of serpent’s. He has everything lmao
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    This has got to be one of the biggest threads on the forums, lol.

Hopefully we get decent counters soon.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    In any other competitive tournament style game with a “deck” concept The Serpent is the type of design that would end up “banned” in any ranked play.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 581 ★★★★

I imagine there’s quite a few champs who would work if not for one singular mechanic of serpent’s. He has everything lmao
    But you don’t understand. All you need is skill is counter his 21 odd defensive threats and stats.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

In any other competitive tournament style game with a “deck” concept The Serpent is the type of design that would end up “banned” in any ranked play.

He is like those legendary pokemons.