Did Kitty Pryde fall off?

2»

Comments

• HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    smy168 said:

I'm still deciding between Kitty or Kate to r5asc....I'm a end-game player, I don't do BGs because of the bugs...I'm pretty much running 7s only these days but I do like them both but hard to compare values of the damage and utility they both have, I think Kitty hasn't fell off much outside of the unique champs being released and interest in playing them.

Any thought comparisons on Kitty to Kate anyone?

Both are excellent but neither are foolproof, however I’ve found Kate to be much more useful in the higher level content. Kitty is vulnerable to ability accuracy reduction. Kate also gives you multiple strategies to win a fight.

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★

Definitely fell off, and it's not that she doesn't have enough damage it's just that 7* r3s are a thing now and she's way too slow against a lot of the meta defenders at r3 but I'm sure when she becomes a 7* she will go back to top spot. Even if she can't nuke she will finish fights in 45-50 with 100% 9 times out of 10 and since health matters more than speed nowadays... For now, she's definitely falling off though.

That’s why I’m also wishing for her to be a 7*. However Onslaught is still the better defender
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Definitely fell off, and it's not that she doesn't have enough damage it's just that 7* r3s are a thing now and she's way too slow against a lot of the meta defenders at r3 but I'm sure when she becomes a 7* she will go back to top spot. Even if she can't nuke she will finish fights in 45-50 with 100% 9 times out of 10 and since health matters more than speed nowadays... For now, she's definitely falling off though.

That’s why I’m also wishing for her to be a 7*. However Onslaught is still the better defender
    Probably won't happen until we get r5 7* and champs like her become irrelevant and stay irrelevant for a good while. The reason we don't have Hulkling, AA, Torch, Nick, Rintrah, Ghost etc as 7* yet is because Kabam wants the game's meta to shift completely. They want all these champs to lose all their value completely before they get added so yeah get ready to wait another 2-3 years at the very least lol doubt we'll see any of them sooner than that
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Probably won't happen until we get r5 7* and champs like her become irrelevant and stay irrelevant for a good while. The reason we don't have Hulkling, AA, Torch, Nick, Rintrah, Ghost etc as 7* yet is because Kabam wants the game's meta to shift completely. They want all these champs to lose all their value completely before they get added so yeah get ready to wait another 2-3 years at the very least lol doubt we'll see any of them sooner than that
    Corpvus was added as a 7*. I'd argue it's whatever champs the team want to add. I may be wrong but I feel like kitty will be added within the next year.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Corpvus was added as a 7*. I'd argue it's whatever champs the team want to add. I may be wrong but I feel like kitty will be added within the next year.
    Corvus is not on the same level as any of those and he hasn't even been considered a top 10 cosmic for a very long time now.
    She's not going to get added any time soon, they don't want the strongest champs at the top of the meta once again.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Setting aside Battlegrounds (since opinions will largely vary depending on whether a player plays BGs or considers themselves 'endgame'), yes she has fallen off.

She's one of my 6R5 ascended champions, and I honestly can't remember the last time I used her (questing or even in a BGs deck).

In Questing and Everest content, the nodes usually make it more advantageous to use other champions even though she is able to ignore damage. Having 100% health from phase is meaningless if the Defender has Autoblock, Evade, Unstoppable, Falter, etc. going on.

It's like the Quake problem - I am not going to use Kitty if it will be a super long fight where I have 100% health but can only do damage in brief windows.

I feel like Titania has stolen some of Kitty's thunder, as she has the same "ignore damage" ability, but:
    Titania can't be outright countered (Cowardice or Prowess neutralizing)
    Titania has unblockable access to bypass autoblock
    Titania is available as a 7-star.
  • MattDRKMattDRK Member Posts: 194
    i dont think solid damage immunity will ever fall off. She still a pretty good champion, but nowadays people are primarely ranking champions for BGs, so focusing on fast champions or champions which can be used on Attack/defense, Kitty isnt that fast and great on defense anymore, but still can take some annoying matchups like korg and bullseye (not in BGs because of sp3 spamming).
  • AzureAzure Member Posts: 122
    I have a r5 ascended Kitty. She's on my team for almost every content in the game. I have a lot of fun in BG's as well. She is one of the best mutant in the game. Just after onslaught now.

EdisonLaw said:

Corvus walked so herc could run
  • KTPrimalKTPrimal Member Posts: 121
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

*so Hit-Monkey could run
    FTFY
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    KTPrimal said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

*so Hit-Monkey could run
    FTFY
    and so shang chi could fly
    Trappy just released a video today about this subject

https://youtu.be/Y4qUQ6MP2xk?si=OZYszPwSa0Gu0RbO
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    IMO yeah she fell off. She is useless these days like Hercules. I barely she her in BG. She benefits most with liquid courage but without she is just normal damage dealer.

I regret to R5 her because I never user her. But I didn't give her ascension...may be one day I will ascend her when she will required for any content.