War attackers aren't good enough

NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★

DISCLAIMER- Now I didn't want to make this post because I don't enjoy complaining and criticizing kabam because I know they've got alot on their plate with the current bugs and all and they've been getting yelled at since the month began on the forums. This is not a post that encourages disrespect towards kabam in any way.

This post (as the title entails) is about the secutor attackers. I'll just say it as it is. THE ATTACKERS JUST ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Most of these attackers either...
A) Are not good enough to take a ton of tactic defenders or "GOOD IN GENERAL" .
B) Cannot handle a ton of difficult nodes.
C) Do not fit AT ALL with the tactic node.

I understand that kabam picks the attackers with the sole purpose of letting the "UNDERRATED" attackers shine but at some point you have to understand some of these champs are not underrated, they just aren't very good in a lot of matchups, add difficult nodes and well...

Now let's dive into proper analysis. In comparison to x magica and Clarity, this tactic is VERY SPECIFIC with the attackers needed, x- magica all you needed to do was hit into the opponents block and "ANY" of the attackers could clear the "TACTIC" they couldn't clear all the defenders but they cleared the tactic. Same with clarity (I do think clarity was a bit easy but I never complained. I don't know if kabam read all y'all complaints for a challenge and decided to make hell because they definitely succeeded this time).

Now for this tactic, for tech you need champions with AT LEAST easy and CONSISTENT access to heal block. This is actually the least Terrible one. For tech, the most notable Good champions who work well with the node and can take out defenders are; iron heart, Shuri, omega sentinel, lady Deathstrike and red skull.
NOTE: I won't speak negatively/positively on Idoom, mysterio and Ultron because I do not know how they work and have no idea if they're good/bad fit for the tactic.

Now what are civil warrior, sentinel, doc Ock(just not a good champion in general) and yondu supposed to do here. WHAT IS CIVIL WARRIOR IN PARTICULAR EVEN SUPPOSED TO DO IN GENERAL?
Name any of the DIFFICULT defenders on the left, take into consideration the tactic nodes and war nodes that any of these listed champions can take without problem QUICKLY!!!

Now we get into champs like peni Parker and shocker. PENI PARKER has NO DEBUFFS except on her Sp2, her heal block triggers after every bar of power so the opponent has free healing till then, Shocker has NO DEBUFFS.

NOW FOR THE SCIENCE CLASS. This just feels atrocious. Sure they can place debuffs but how many fights can sandman, mr fantastic, ibom and Jessica even take. Jessica a great defender by the way. WHAT IS IHULK EVEN DOING THERE???

Sure there are some I think are underrated and could benefit from tactic such as joe, Luke (already seeing some use), punk, morbius, negative, anti venom, leader, Cassie etc. These picks can hardly take out a lot of the tougher defenders.

Leader should be excelling from the node because on-paper, it's his perfect matchup but even then, he just isn't a very good champion and there are SO MANY TACTIC DEFENDERS HE CANNOT TAKE (he should be here tho because he is fairly new). Same with Cassie who is so AI reliant that she has become nearly irrelevant.

The only top tier attacker we got in the science class is silk, maybe nefaria(I don't know much about him). Void is debatable. There were so many better options you could've added instead of utter garbage in this class. Before you say, I'm looking for cheats, how bout, spider man or even spot how bout one of the following (photon, Titania or torch) one of them would've been used as ban bait like silk to reduce the risk of someone like omega sentinel, void or Shuri from getting banned as well. they added silk knowing SHE'S an insta ban (ohh at least you have one top tier, it's not our fault she gets banned all the time). Where's warlock, spider man, spot or even OG IRON MAN???

If you analyze all these attackers individually, it would seem like they had an idea of "WHO NOT" to make tactic and just put in random champions who don't get used often.

If you ban silk, Shuri and omega Sentinel/void/ lady d who are you actually left with??? What about people who don't even have these LIMITED options ( I don't have a lady d, Omega sentinel, iron heart at even 6* level) sounds like a ME problem I know, you can ignore this part.

This wouldn't seem like such an issue UNTIL YOU LOOK TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THAT PICTURE.... THE DEFENDERS
Mutant- YOU HAVE DOMINO, EMMA FROST, BISHOP, STORM X, DUST, WEAPON X, MR SINISTER, TOAD. That's 8 TOP DEFENDERS, 9 if you add sabretooth.
MYSTIC- EBONY, WONG, "ENCHANTRESS", MANGOG, SASQUATCH, "ENCHANTRESS", MANTHING, DESTROYER, "ENCHANTRESS", ABS MAN, MEPHISTO, RINTRAH. DID I MENTION "ENCHANTRESS"??? Ohh okay. That's 10.

And what if these defenders are placed on hazard nodes, did y'all forget that? How many tactic hazard options do we have at our disposal. Most of these champions cannot take the tactic defenders.
You could decide to bring a non tactic counter to "nuke" the tactic defender but the chances of a solo are slim as there's an 18s power gain waiting for you just after 20 hits and if your AI is not cooperative then BYE.

If y'all have found reliable ways to play this tactic without tactic attackers please share as I obviously need other options.

Comments

• NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★
    It seems "B)" is some kind of command hence the "😎" emoji because I definitely am not in a "😎" mood
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    I mean I resonate your sentiment. If they banned silk, shuri and OS, I literally have no one to use. Especially on path 1 which I take and they put domino while banning shuri, os and lds. Who am I supposed to use?

Two attackers who work phenomenally that you missed are ibom, Yes he has weaknesses on each block + poisons. He can easily take a lot of non poison immune defenders.

Another non tactic attacker who cheeses this meta is, Nimgod. I use him in every war. He can easily remove the regens, And has great power control. Try to enter eradicate mode before opponent gets the power gain, Then wait out the power gain. He applies power drain so the defender never reach 3 bars. Throw in OS synergy for extra utility and take shock immune matchups.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 428 ★★★

I mean I resonate your sentiment. If they banned silk, shuri and OS, I literally have no one to use. Especially on path 1 which I take and they put domino while banning shuri, os and lds. Who am I supposed to use?

Two attackers who work phenomenally that you missed are ibom, Yes he has weaknesses on each block + poisons. He can easily take a lot of non poison immune defenders.

Another non tactic attacker who cheeses this meta is, Nimgod. I use him in every war. He can easily remove the regens, And has great power control. Try to enter eradicate mode before opponent gets the power gain, Then wait out the power gain. He applies power drain so the defender never reach 3 bars. Throw in OS synergy for extra utility and take shock immune matchups.

Thank you, definitely appreciate the new information. Will definitely look into nimrod, I have a 6*
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,059 ★★★★★

And people say the NimGod isn’t relevant in 2024.
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 177 ★★
    I did not read one word of that but Luke Cage is best.
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    This is the time for sandman to shine, I ranked 2 him, he isn't durable no block proficiency and hits like a pillow
    I concur with the majority of the authors statements
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,239 ★★★★★
    do NOT disrespect my GOAT sandman