Lady Sif: Concept Ability Kit

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★
edited September 15 in General Discussion
Class: Skill

Asgardian Tenacity

Lady Sif has a 50% chance to gain an Asgardian Tenacity Passive for 5 seconds whenever she Parries an attack. On defence, it activates for 5 seconds when Sif is Parried. Asgardian Tenacity provides a 100% chance to Purify all incoming debuffs during this time. If 3 or more debuffs are purified, refresh the duration. If less than 3 debuffs were purified, Sif loses her Asgardian powers of Tenacity and it goes on cooldown for 10 seconds.

Precision

Each debuff Purified enhances Lady Sif’s focus, and she gains a Permanent Precision Passive, increasing her Precision Rating by +1000 against all champions, and +1300 against Science Champions. While this precision is active, all hits through block are Critical, and Science champions cannot Evade. Additionally, when Precision is active, Lady Sif reduces damage from Unblockable and Unstoppable hits by 30%.

Dashing In

While dashing in, Sif’s attacks are Unblockable. If these attacks land successfully, she gains a Fury of +10% potency for 10 seconds. This ability has a 15-second cooldown. Intercepting the opponent with a light attack refreshes all active Fury Buffs, with a maximum of 20 stacks.

Heavy Attacks

Charging a heavy attack begins a timer of random time between 0.3 – 0.8 seconds. Releasing the charge as soon as this timer ends places 5 Bleed stacks on the opponent. These hits are Guaranteed Critical, and Science champions cannot cause these hits to Miss, nor can they Evade.

Special Attack 1

Sif’s special attack 1 can only be activated after a minimum of 2 special attack 2 are launched. For each active passive effect on Sif, the attack rating of this special is increased by 20% if the attack is made through the opponent’s block.

Special Attack 2

Lady Sif channels the power of Asgard as she delivers a series of swift sword strikes, each echoing the might of her ancestors. The activation of this attack brings upon the opponent a thunderous shield slam, invoking the “Aegis of the Gods” upon her foe for 15 seconds. While under the Aegis, the opponent suffers from enhanced Bleed Debuffs, their duration and potency intensified by 25%. All incoming physical damage is reflected back upon the opponent.

Special Attack 3

Pauses all Bleeds for 15 seconds and grants Bifrost Blessing for 20 seconds. While Bifrost Blessing is active, Sif has a 70% chance to evade all Basic Attacks. Each successful evade increases the duration of Bifrost Blessing by 0.2 seconds.

Striker

Lady Sif does not equip relics but calls upon Thor as her Striker. The last hit grants an Aptitude Buff for 15 seconds, enhancing Precision and Fury potency by +20%. Lady Sif can activate her Striker during an opponent’s special attack, cancelling the opponent’s special attack and granting them 0.75 bars of power for each bar of power consumed.

Signature Ability

Increases the potency of buffs and debuffs by <10-15>%.
Persistent Charges: Lady Sif starts each quest with 1 persistent charge. Each time Lady Sif defeats a #Dimensional Being or #God champion (24 champions total), she gains one Persistent Charge. Once per quest, Sif can spend 2 Persistent Charges to choose an Honorary Asgardian, granting them a Bifrost Blessing Passive for 20 seconds. If spent upon herself, activate a Regeneration Passive healing 50% of missing health, and gain a permanent Pierce Buff during the fight.

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these matters.

Comments

• Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Let me get a Falstaff concept. He needs to eat a turkey leg during the sp3 animation.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★
    This looks interesting
  • OscarBitTDMOscarBitTDM Member Posts: 10
    Looks fun
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 405 ★★

Let me get a Falstaff concept. He needs to eat a turkey leg during the sp3 animation.

Or drink a keg of beer
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    Her precisions should have a stack limit. The special cancellation is not practical and they don't have the tech for it. The asgardian pre fight Ability is cool though
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,242 ★★★★★
    Love the improvement on formatting my bro!

Though I have a few issues with the design. I feel you've massively overtuned the precisions (they dont seem to have a stack limit either). The Asgardian Tenacity should have a 100% for consistency so it would better incite players to spare their parries until they have tons of debuffs.

Love the Striker mechanic and the Asgardian Pre-Fight (Sif regenning 50% of missing health might be a lot no? I mean she wont take advantage of willpower that much but still).

Great ideas mate, just need to get a better feel of the game.

Her precisions should have a stack limit. The special cancellation is not practical and they don't have the tech for it. The asgardian pre fight Ability is cool though

Two words: Count Nefaria
    edited September 16
    Class: Skill

Asgardian Tenacity

Lady Sif has a 50% chance to gain an Asgardian Tenacity Passive for 5 seconds whenever she Parries an attack. On defence, it activates for 5 seconds when Sif is Parried. Asgardian Tenacity provides a 100% chance to Purify all incoming debuffs during this time. If 3 or more debuffs are purified, refresh the duration. If less than 3 debuffs were purified, Sif loses her Asgardian powers of Tenacity and it goes on cooldown for 10 seconds.

Precision

Each debuff Purified enhances Lady Sif’s focus, and she gains a non-stacking Permanent Precision Passive, increasing her Precision Rating by +1000 against all champions, and +1300 against Science Champions. While this precision is active, all hits through block are Critical, and Science champions cannot Evade. Additionally, when Precision is active, Lady Sif reduces damage from Unblockable and Unstoppable hits by 30%.

Dashing In

While dashing in, Sif’s attacks are Unblockable. If these attacks land successfully, she gains a Fury of +10% potency for 10 seconds. This ability has a 15-second cooldown. Intercepting the opponent with a light attack refreshes all active Fury Buffs, with a maximum of 20 stacks.

Heavy Attacks

Charging a heavy attack begins a timer of random time between 0.3 – 0.8 seconds. Releasing the charge as soon as this timer ends places 5 Bleed stacks on the opponent. These hits are Guaranteed Critical, and Science champions cannot cause these hits to Miss, nor can they Evade.

Special Attack 1

Sif’s special attack 1 can only be activated after a minimum of 2 special attack 2 are launched. For each active passive effect on Sif, the attack rating of this special is increased by 20% if the attack is made through the opponent’s block.

Special Attack 2

Lady Sif channels the power of Asgard as she delivers a series of swift sword strikes, each echoing the might of her ancestors. The activation of this attack brings upon the opponent a thunderous shield slam, invoking the “Aegis of the Gods” upon her foe for 15 seconds. While under the Aegis, the opponent suffers from enhanced Bleed Debuffs, their duration and potency intensified by 25%. All incoming physical damage is reflected back upon the opponent.

Special Attack 3

Pauses all Bleeds for 15 seconds and grants Bifrost Blessing for 20 seconds. While Bifrost Blessing is active, Sif has a 70% chance to evade all Basic Attacks. Each successful evade increases the duration of Bifrost Blessing by 0.2 seconds.

Striker

Lady Sif does not equip relics but calls upon Thor as her Striker. The last hit grants an Aptitude Buff for 15 seconds, enhancing Precision and Fury potency by +20%. Lady Sif can activate her Striker during an opponent’s special attack, cancelling the opponent’s special attack and granting them 0.75 bars of power for each bar of power consumed.

Signature Ability

Persistent Charges: Lady Sif starts each quest with 1 persistent charge. Each time Lady Sif defeats a #Dimensional Being or #God champion (24 champions total), she gains one Persistent Charge. Once per quest, Sif can spend 2 Persistent Charges to choose an Honorary Asgardian, granting them a Bifrost Blessing Passive for 20 seconds. If spent upon herself, activate a Regeneration Passive healing <20-35>% of missing health, and gain a permanent Pierce Buff during the fight.

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
    PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these matters.

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★

Count nefaria just evades the last hit of special right?

Count nefaria just evades the last hit of special right?
    Yes. But that doesn't mean we don't have champions in the game who don't ignore specials entirely: Miles Morales, Silk, Stark Spidey, or those that Perfect Block the entirety of damage of the specials. This is just another mechanic for avoiding special damage.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    Really like the base idea, it's a super interesting playstyle and from what I can tell its mostly pretty well balanced.

The only things I would say is that I think having the tenacity refresh if you purify 3 debuffs is a tad strong if its 100%, possibly reduce the potency or simply have it reduce the cooldown but not completely refresh it.

I think locking the sp1 until you've fired 2 sp2s without any extra power gain that I can see is a little wonky. There's so many nodes in the game that would make not being able to throw an sp1 until after 2 sp2s just not worth the extra damage it grants. I would say maybe just lock some of its effects until you've used 2 sp2s, kinda like odin with his heavies.

The big thing is the striker cancelling specials. I've read the comments where you explain your reasoning and other abilities you would consider it similar too, but it's just way too strong. Ignoring the fact that the game isn't coded in a way that would let her throw a striker into a special, it's just a really overpowered ability that I think distracts from what is otherwise a really solid idea for a kit. It doesn't play into her kit in anyway really, it's just an over powered ability that she could do without

Really like the base idea, it's a super interesting playstyle and from what I can tell its mostly pretty well balanced.

The only things I would say is that I think having the tenacity refresh if you purify 3 debuffs is a tad strong if its 100%, possibly reduce the potency or simply have it reduce the cooldown but not completely refresh it.

I think locking the sp1 until you've fired 2 sp2s without any extra power gain that I can see is a little wonky. There's so many nodes in the game that would make not being able to throw an sp1 until after 2 sp2s just not worth the extra damage it grants. I would say maybe just lock some of its effects until you've used 2 sp2s, kinda like odin with his heavies.

The big thing is the striker cancelling specials. I've read the comments where you explain your reasoning and other abilities you would consider it similar too, but it's just way too strong. Ignoring the fact that the game isn't coded in a way that would let her throw a striker into a special, it's just a really overpowered ability that I think distracts from what is otherwise a really solid idea for a kit. It doesn't play into her kit in anyway really, it's just an over powered ability that she could do without

How does refresh at 5 debuffs sound? It's 5 seconds, and that kind of purification is not easy, except against Photon, or Biohazard nodes.

@WednesdayLength, @ThatGuyYouSaw235, @EdisonLaw, any suggestions for the "Power gain" needed?

The special cancelation is a rather interesting mechanic in my opinion, and while it would be a challenge to code into the game, it would be very beneficial. Perhaps, in the future, there will come along champions that would be immune to Striker stuns, or nullify Relic effects, as Relics are an integral part of the game now, especially for most high-damage champs, or, (in the case of Mutants with Gambit and Sinister relics), increase crit RNG.
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I am still baffled at why she has yet to be included into MCOC. She was a pretty prominent part of the Facebook game which turned into MCOC

How does refresh at 5 debuffs sound? It's 5 seconds, and that kind of purification is not easy, except against Photon, or Biohazard nodes.

@WednesdayLength, @ThatGuyYouSaw235, @EdisonLaw, any suggestions for the "Power gain" needed?

The special cancelation is a rather interesting mechanic in my opinion, and while it would be a challenge to code into the game, it would be very beneficial. Perhaps, in the future, there will come along champions that would be immune to Striker stuns, or nullify Relic effects, as Relics are an integral part of the game now, especially for most high-damage champs, or, (in the case of Mutants with Gambit and Sinister relics), increase crit RNG.
    5 debuffs seems fair

It's an interesting mechanic I guess, but it's also stupidly overpowered. Sure that may happen, but it hasn't happened right now and I don't think anything you mentioned is even close to the ability to stop an opponents special, coding issued aside. You could just stop gwenmasters sp2 and prevent it from killing you, there's a big difference between evading a special and cancelling it completely. It's just not how the game works, or will ever work, because it completely shuts down most of the game. Specials can't be interrupted, that's a fundamental part of the game and whether or not it would be beneficial or interesting doesn't change that.

Also after reading the kit again i think the 50% missing health regen is also way too strong
    edited September 17

5 debuffs seems fair

It's an interesting mechanic I guess, but it's also stupidly overpowered. Sure that may happen, but it hasn't happened right now and I don't think anything you mentioned is even close to the ability to stop an opponents special, coding issued aside. You could just stop gwenmasters sp2 and prevent it from killing you, there's a big difference between evading a special and cancelling it completely. It's just not how the game works, or will ever work, because it completely shuts down most of the game. Specials can't be interrupted, that's a fundamental part of the game and whether or not it would be beneficial or interesting doesn't change that.

Also after reading the kit again i think the 50% missing health regen is also way too strong
    Yeah, I changed the regen in the new one. It's 25-35% varying per sig ability.

Forums, do provide ideas for a new Striker mechanic as well.

5 debuffs seems fair

If you're insistent on giving a striker I would say punishing a special with a striker could work for something, idk if she really needs a new mechanic since having an innate striker is pretty niche by itself
    edited September 17

5 debuffs seems fair

If you're insistent on giving a striker I would say punishing a special with a striker could work for something, idk if she really needs a new mechanic since having an innate striker is pretty niche by itself
    I've thought of something: Punishing a special or heavy attack with Thor striker consumes all Bleeds and places a Critical Bleed passive for 15 seconds of +30% net potency of Bleed Stacks consumed. Thoughts?

5 debuffs seems fair

I've thought of something: Punishing a special or heavy attack with Thor striker consumes all Bleeds and places a Critical Bleed passive for 15 seconds of +30% net potency of Bleed Stacks consumed. Thoughts?
    "If the striker bar is full, the striker remains active during special attacks, but cannot be launched until the last hit of the special attack. Launching it during the special attack makes no contact with the opponent. Punishing a special or heavy attack with Thor striker consumes all Bleeds and places a Critical Bleed passive for 15 seconds of +30% net potency of Bleed Stacks consumed."

5 debuffs seems fair

Maybe pausing bleeds when the striker lands its attack but refreshing them if you punish a special with it?

5 debuffs seems fair

"If the striker bar is full, the striker remains active during special attacks, but cannot be launched until the last hit of the special attack. Launching it during the special attack makes no contact with the opponent. Punishing a special or heavy attack with Thor striker consumes all Bleeds and places a Critical Bleed passive for 15 seconds of +30% net potency of Bleed Stacks consumed."
    What do you mean stays active?

5 debuffs seems fair

yk how your striker bar is on a passive special lock kinda thing when the opponent is launching his special attack? Well, you can launch your Thor striker during the special attack, but launching it before the last hit won't do anything

5 debuffs seems fair

yk how your striker bar is on a passive special lock kinda thing when the opponent is launching his special attack? Well, you can launch your Thor striker during the special attack, but launching it before the last hit won't do anything
    That is probably not possible with his the game works and is a lot of extra coding for an ability that isn't really necessary
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    I remembere back in the day you could parry specials and stun the opponent with a parry-stun, therefore interupt the special attack. But yeah i also think this concept is a bit OP

As for the SP3 effects: I don't like the evade thing. If you let the defender get to an SP3 you are screwed in most cases, so the evade after SP3 is basically pointless. And as an attacker those evades just screw my own gameplay, especially since it is not mentioned that the evade won't trigger while blocking.

So for defense uses i would implement the evades in another way, on offense at least disable the evade while blocking.

But in general a nice concept for Sif, i always liked the character

Asgardian Tenacity

Precision

Each debuff Purified enhances Lady Sif’s focus, and she gains a non-stacking Permanent Precision Passive, increasing her Precision Rating by +1000 against all champions, and +1300 against Science Champions. While this precision is active, all hits through block are Critical, and Science champions cannot Evade. Additionally, when Precision is active, Lady Sif reduces damage from Unblockable and Unstoppable hits by 30%.

Dashing In

Heavy Attacks

Special Attack 1

Special Attack 2

Special Attack 3

Pauses all Bleeds for 15 seconds and grants Bifrost Blessing for 20 seconds. While Bifrost Blessing is active, Sif has a 70% chance to evade all Basic Attacks if not blocking. Each successful evade increases the duration of Bifrost Blessing by 0.2 seconds. While Bifrost Blessing is active, attack rating is increased by 30%.

Striker

Lady Sif does not equip relics but calls upon Thor as her Striker. The last hit grants an Aptitude Buff for 15 seconds, enhancing Precision and Fury potency by +20%.Lady Sif can activate her Striker during an opponent’s special attack, cancelling the opponent’s special attack and granting them 0.75 bars of power for each bar of power consumed.

Signature Ability

Persistent Charges: Lady Sif starts each quest with 1 persistent charge. Each time Lady Sif defeats a #Dimensional Being or #God champion (24 champions total), she gains one Persistent Charge. Once per quest, Sif can spend 2 Persistent Charges to choose an Honorary Asgardian, granting them a Bifrost Blessing Passive for 20 seconds. If spent upon herself, activate a Regeneration Passive healing <20-35>% of missing health, and gain a permanent Pierce Buff during the fight.