Crystal cleanse event problem

_puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 70
Is it just me or do y’all feel like they should lower the amount of crystals required to claim the rewards. I usually open my crystals pretty soon after I get them, so when the crystal cleanse event started I barely had any crystals. I feel like it’s very hard for people who don’t hoard their crystals to earn enough points toward the event.

Comments

• Totally plus while it is good for where I am in my progression a lot of higher tier players don't have much incentive to open crystals for it so like I don't think the milestones will ve fully reached
  • _puy000__puy000_ Member Posts: 70
    The rewards are very good for me either and I would rather just explore act 9, but free rewards are free rewards. The reason I open my crystals even though they don’t help me out very much endgame is because I can sell the resources I get from them for gold.
    I don’t feel like I should loose out on rewards for opening my crystals beforehand especially since that’s what the event is trying to push for.
  • ControversyControversy Member Posts: 9
    I think the issue with this event was kabam was directing this event towards the endgame players who hoard thousands of crystals cuz they can and since rewards aren't that great they don't want to open the pile they've created. (Which is fair) but I don't think they realized kabam is planning on auto opening certain crystals once the event is over. Based from the message they sent out.
    I think that they should have a way to earn a lot of crystals during the event, so that people like me can actually get the 1k crystals required.

I think the issue with this event was kabam was directing this event towards the endgame players who hoard thousands of crystals cuz they can and since rewards aren't that great they don't want to open the pile they've created. (Which is fair) but I don't think they realized kabam is planning on auto opening certain crystals once the event is over. Based from the message they sent out.

If it is for the endgame players why would they care about the event. The rewards are mid and you could probably get better rewards from hoarded crystals.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,744 ★★★★★

The auto opening isn't going to be as significant as people seem to think. Much of what they're going to force open isn't going to be bulk, but probably a few crystals here and there. Most of what is hoarded is 4h crystals which only get opened for content (few and far between), arena boost crystals that are reasonably (though not entirely) useless and are still active in the game, and low level champion crystals like PHCs that are only used for iso. None of these will get forced open. Just old event crystals and other stuff that hasn't been active in the game for probably a couple years.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I think the concept was really good, but the actual implementation of it was not that good
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,298 Guardian
    _puy000_ said:

I think that they should have a way to earn a lot of crystals during the event, so that people like me can actually get the 1k crystals required.

A player starting with zero crystals can earn enough crystals to max out the milestone rewards (1000) during the event, even if the community itself maxes out the milestone rewards (which at the moment it is unclear if they will).

29 crystals a day is something most players could earn just with solo shards from solo events alone.
    DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

A player starting with zero crystals can earn enough crystals to max out the milestone rewards (1000) during the event, even if the community itself maxes out the milestone rewards (which at the moment it is unclear if they will).

29 crystals a day is something most players could earn just with solo shards from solo events alone.
    They should make it enjoyable to do because let’s be honest it’s a waste of material to upgrade someone you’re not even going to use for the solo event plus who willing wants to grind out arenas.
    _puy000_ said:

DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

They should make it enjoyable to do because let’s be honest it’s a waste of material to upgrade someone you’re not even going to use for the solo event plus who willing wants to grind out arenas.
    For everything you like to do, there are thousands of players who think to themselves let's be honest, who could possibly enjoy doing that.

I'm not even talking only about MCOC.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★
    _puy000_ said:

I don’t feel like I should loose out on rewards for opening my crystals beforehand especially since that’s what the event is trying to push for.

Yeah they should give me credit for the crystals I opened in my 9+ years of playing...

_puy000_ said:

Yeah they should give me credit for the crystals I opened in my 9+ years of playing...
    That’s what I’m saying!
    Do you think they can find out how many crystals you’ve ever opened? If so they should make an algorithm like how ranked rewards work.
    They could do this each year to encourage people to open crystals if they really want.

_puy000_ said:

I still think this game has plenty of story.
    DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

It does, I just think the crystal cleanse needs a little improvement cause I really like the concept
    DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

I think this generation is dooned, need Thanos to snap his fingers at least 2 or 3 more times

DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

I think this generation is dooned, need Thanos to snap his fingers at least 2 or 3 more times

DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

That does not mean we can't slap funny signs on their backs while they stroll out to extinction.
    edited September 18
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

That does not mean we can't slap funny signs on their backs while they stroll out to extinction.
    My nephew did that in school, he gor punished with detention for bullying....
    We are doomed.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 351 ★★★
    (shrug) Have never hoarded crystals. Am at 1,435 crystals in my main, just a little over 800 opened in my alt (which doesn't participate in arenas by choice). The total 1000 contributed gets you in for all the rewards in the event and is easily obtainable in the month.

It's obtainable with less than an hour of play on many of those 22-hour goals. Grind Event quests throughout the day as energy refills (usually target ISO for saving for the level up event). One hour in arena with 6 and 7 stars for arena wins usually will top you off on that one. Level up - just select a 5-star or 6 star you're leveling and throw your ISO at them. Hero use is the easiest. Just play the game for an hour (usually in the one energy daily quests) and you easily max that out on autoplay.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

_puy000_ said:

How many crystals typically get opened in a month? Kabam had to know that number going in.
    Lets just get to the next unit milestone...the rest is pretty bad...
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Member Posts: 649 ★★★
    Think with higher up players there just isn’t the incentive to open them. I consider myself a mid level player, I’ve opened over 2k crystals so far I could open around 45k-50k more crystals but that would mean wasting all my shards on lower items and then having all the items expiring, if I can’t see the point in doing that there’s no way too players would.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Member Posts: 649 ★★★
    Top* not (too) auto correct is so helpful at times,
    I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on is that the rewards for the crystal opening need a desperate buff? Maybe they can lock some milestones for higher players so new players can’t get 7*s.
    _puy000_ said:

I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on is that the rewards for the crystal opening need a desperate buff? Maybe they can lock some milestones for higher players so new players can’t get 7*s.

It's a mickey mouse event that takes no skill, the rewards adjust to that. Its just a test.

_puy000_ said:

It's a mickey mouse event that takes no skill, the rewards adjust to that. Its just a test.
    It doesn’t take skill but it takes time