Korg v Thing selector dilemma

BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
I have both 7 stars unduped. Here are the pros and cons for both:
For Korg: he is a better defender at sig 20 than Thing at sig 20.
For Thing: I already have Attuma and Killmonger at r2, and Bullseye at r3, so my skill defense isn’t in need of another. Not to mention I have 4 skill t6cc right now which I wanted to use on Mantis. On the other hand, I only have one science defender at r2 (Photon), and have like 10 science t6cc with no other science I want to r2 right now. However I don’t know if Thing is even gonna do anything on defense at sig 20.
For reference, I hang around Gamma/Arcane in BGs.
Who do you guys think is the better option to dupe from the selector?

Korg v Thing selector dilemma 96 votes

Korg
51%
DrZolazuffyChovnerBigTuna_2054Masterduxbrucef8bringertntslAckbar67Trafalgarwar96svilariumHungaryHippocaptain_rogersSarvanga1_RebarkItsClobberinTimeKrishna24BeastDadMmaatthheewwChrisRM93RayMonDx 49 votes
Thing
48%
bhuv9191Spity68yossBrokenHerbal_TaxmanBatarangZsirhcZgeorgiemenspiderbites0196TJ107Sagacious0wlAyden_noah1Bugmat78TripleBPolygonDoctor_Strange19MCOCHazzaThe_Doctor_24_1ahmynutsNameless_IW 47 votes

Comments

• BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Realistically, korg isn't going to be doing much at sig 20 either, so the real question is which one would you prefer pumping sigs into. The nice part about thing is that he is a monster in incursions at higher sig.

With where I am in my progression, I don’t think I’m dropping sigs into either of them just yet. But you do bring up a good point that Thing can be used offensively in certain situations (quests, incursions, etc) which you can’t say about Korg. And eventually I’m sure I’ll get to a point where I can dump science sigs into Thing. I think in leaning towards Thing for now. Especially because it would keep my t6cc balanced (I will still have enough to r2 or r3 a science champ after r2-ing Thing, whereas I’d be completely out of skill t6cc if I r2 Korg).
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Out of curiousity do you already have col or just dont care for him?

Im personally going for a 1st time Thing over 1st time Col and Sig 60 korg
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Also, this might be a hot take but I'm lowkey jealous of anyone that managed to pull Thing from the titan. If you watch BGs streams you can already see a ton of r3 things in peoples decks, which is what i originally predicted when i was trying to tell people that Jabari was the worst champ from that Titan and not Thing
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Polygon said:

I don’t have Colossus and don’t care for an unduped one
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    Thing
    I just r3 thing since I got him twice from 9.1 rewards. He is a tanky mofo. And will be useful for incursions.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★
    I’m going colossus probably
  • Coach_G1Coach_G1 Member Posts: 41
    Would you guys:

Acquire Korg
    Acquire Thing
    Dupe Colossus
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Coach_G1 said:

Would you guys:

Acquire Korg
    Acquire Thing
    Dupe Colossus

Colossus
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Thing for me since he has more attack potential than Korg without synergies
  • Coach_G1Coach_G1 Member Posts: 41
    Thank you!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    Thing
    Quite a dilemma - I luckily duped my Colossus after 9.1 exploration and already have a sig 40 Korg so will go for Thing, but yeah given your current options in skill defenders I'd go for Thing. Korg has a lot of counters nowadays like NTWH, Storm x2, Bishop
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I’m picking Colossus no question.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    Korg
    An unduped korg is scarier than unduped thing
    A sig 20 korg is scarier than a sig 20 thing
    A sig 200 korg is equally good, if not better, in defense as a sig 200 thing.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 759 ★★★
    Thing
    I'm picking Colossus because I don't like ranking champs just for defense. It feels sad and kind of a waste. I want Colossus sent my way instead. All up to you, but I'd say thing is the better defender
  • Brad366Brad366 Member Posts: 103
    In your situation I would probably go Korg. I have unduped Thing and neither of the others. So I need to decide should I go new champ knowing I will dupe eventually or dupe Thing now. I have most of the top science champs and very limited skill champs, so I doubt I would use thing even if he is duped.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 830 ★★★
    Korg
    50/50 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Korg
    Picked Korg. Read it. Picked Thing.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    Korg
    Kate ,blackcat ,crossbones are in my deck but if ai hesitate & I can't hit light intercept korg will be annoying even with good counter
  • BatarangBatarang Member Posts: 30
    Thing
    Same dilemma except I don’t have any Attuma or killmonger at any rating or rank viable for bg. Don’t know who I’ll pick. My heart is telling me Thing because he’s one of my favorite champ but logically i should be going skill for my lack of defenders in that category. Notably just Kate and nick. Science isn’t much better either. Goes to show how I need to up my defense a bit. Still have another week to ponder.