Who is the most overrated defender in your opinion?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
edited September 19 in General Discussion
For me, it’s Enchantress.

Now before you disagree, yes I know that if she has nodes that prevent you from deactivating her spells, she can definitely be a tough defender. However without nodes? Literally anyone can take her down if you play around her mechanics. It may not be the most ideal matchup but anyone can. Yet people are calling her a Serpent level defender.

What is yours?

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Red skull (even though I love mine and will r3 him next)
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★

Dammit I can't remember who but in bg people kept putting this one champ with no defensive properties down and I was so confused for ages
    Edit
    It was beta Ray bill

Bill has little defensive abilities (except if he hits you and you get shocked)
    edited September 19

I see a lot of CGR as defenders, but when you know how to dodge his sp1 he is easy to beat.

Also the SP2
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

For me, it’s Enchantress.

Now before you disagree, yes I know that if she has nodes that prevent you from deactivating her spells, she can definitely be a tough defender. However without nodes? Literally anyone can take her down if you play around her mechanics. It may not be the most ideal matchup but anyone can. Yet people are calling her a Serpent level defender.

What is yours?

it's not the Node - if ai is too passive & u can't intercept . so many times ai dependent .

my annoying defender is wolf. his ai is weird will howl throw Sp1 weird time and rupture does more damage
    EdisonLaw said:

He is pretty annoying still in my opinion
    He can be but he has a ton of counters, some of whom you wouldn’t realize work. Cgr, herc, Galan, Hulkling, (just gotta play it differently) gladiator, Adam, vox, BRB, Shuri, Kushala, Chavez, AA, and probably others. He’s still a difficult defender in general but I’m rarely in a scary position if my opponent drafts him.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    Enchantress easily. I cook her every time I see her, she’s nowhere near serpent level unless the nodes are super bad
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Photon. Onslaught. Gorr.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,344 ★★★★★
    Knull

Photon. Onslaught. Gorr.

Yes especially after Spring of Sorrow Onslaught and Summer of Suffering Photon, people won't be afraid to fight them anymore, but that doesn't mean they won't be continued to be used on defense
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    I played enchantress for the first time in bg and I ko her in 29 seconds with juggs. I can’t believe red skull is mentioned, if I don’t draft cgr kate or hulkling I am cooked.

I played enchantress for the first time in bg and I ko her in 29 seconds with juggs. I can’t believe red skull is mentioned, if I don’t draft cgr kate or hulkling I am cooked.

Yeah she is very nukable since her health isn't that high.
    edited September 19

Ok I just realized the title said most overrated defender and not just an overrated defender, so I wouldn’t say red skull is the top 1 most overrated defender but I do think he’s easier than the common consensus of him.

Idk who is #1 imo, while I see enchantress mentioned a lot that’s exactly why I don’t think it’s her. If everyone says she’s overrated then is she really still overrated?
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 158 ★★
    Serpent is the most overrated! Exactly why he did not get nerfed, he didn’t need to be nerfed. People just needed to figure out how to beat him. White tiger easily finishes fights at max health.
    edited September 19
    ChiefGoat said:

Serpent is the most overrated! Exactly why he did not get nerfed, he didn’t need to be nerfed. People just needed to figure out how to beat him. White tiger easily finishes fights at max health.

That's because White Tiger is one of his best counters. Try fighting him without using one of his counters and see if you take over 60 secs
    edited September 19
    ChiefGoat said:

Finishing full health means almost nothing if you take 80s to end the fight
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 698 ★★★
    edited September 19
    ChiefGoat said:

The problem is not getting a counter he’s the only defender in the game where i’ve had people (on many many occasions) just leave the match if they didn't draft a counter

He also doesn’t have a lot of counters
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Midchantress
  • JeancrbJeancrb Member Posts: 218 ★★
    Baron Zemo, but I think people understood now and I see him less in defense than before
    Jeancrb said:

Baron Zemo, but I think people understood now and I see him less in defense than before

He might make a comeback as a 7*
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    Serpent
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    I'll admit enchantress has a potential to be extremely annoying on another metas, this one is not it ..
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 551 ★★★★
    Korg for me. I don't think he's aged well at all. Most people are good enough to where he can be taken with debuff heavy science champs
    Beewee said:

Korg for me. I don't think he's aged well at all. Most people are good enough to where he can be taken with debuff heavy science champs

Yeah Attuma seems to be the new and improved Korg
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

In the age of light intercepting being standard, he's far less of a threat.