Yet another AI post… AI recovery rate

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    @KabamDORK any updates on AI?
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    The defender got up and hit you after a special?
    Is that it?
    Definitely not trying to be a jerk or mean or anything.
    That’s just what happened.
  • TheshadowTheshadow Member Posts: 154
    @smdam38 can you mention your progression level so i can tell you if you face these problems or not.
    Kind of see it now with the first video against marvel.
    Special was barely done and she was attacking off the hop.

I don’t mind saying I’m wrong.
    Sorry. You’re definitely right.
    Theshadow said:

@smdam38 can you mention your progression level so i can tell you if you face these problems or not.

I’m a weakling Paragon that doesn’t know how to play.
    Your special animation wasn’t even completely done and she was able to attack you.
    Definitely goofy and I again apologize for not seeing it right away.
  • TheshadowTheshadow Member Posts: 154
    well since you are paragon you are going to experience this and much more on your way to valiant so be prepared
    I actually don’t really care about getting valiant.
    Could have had it a year ago easy.

I do care about broken stuff getting fixed.
    And this needs to be fixed.
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 222 ★★★
    Yes the ai was able to move and attack me while I was stuck in the special animations. Completely locked out of controls. All of the videos are the same issue. I am still locked in a special animation yet the ai can attack me. The third video was Moleman SOS he dropped two special ones you can see him engage into the second special one while I am still standing there was no way to do anything
    Again sorry. I didn't see it right away. I made a mistake.
    Will put in a ticket with your videos to hopefully put it onto top of list.
    Another update 😂. I like to test new rank ups in ROL like everyone else. I recently r2’d white tiger and she has the ability to go unblockable after throwing a special. This example I have just dropped a special I am waiting for WS to stand up to drop mine. Input was not possible I just blocked when tapping SP button. If you have seen the videos above the ai can drop its special before I even stand up. Again this is not right.

I added a compilation of me getting intercepted/ intercept attempts by the ai from the rest of my ROL run.

FYI White Tiger is 🔥

https://youtu.be/wpPUgVBLtCA?si=xpb7Q70XFBmN_vt-
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 963 ★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

Another update 😂. I like to test new rank ups in ROL like everyone else. I recently r2’d white tiger and she has the ability to go unblockable after throwing a special. This example I have just dropped a special I am waiting for WS to stand up to drop mine. Input was not possible I just blocked when tapping SP button. If you have seen the videos above the ai can drop its special before I even stand up. Again this is not right.

I added a compilation of me getting intercepted/ intercept attempts by the ai from the rest of my ROL run.

FYI White Tiger is 🔥

https://youtu.be/wpPUgVBLtCA?si=xpb7Q70XFBmN_vt-

The same garbage intercept happened when dealing with blade in 9.1.2.
    When Blade dashed forward, I tried intercepting and he dexxed back, and at that moment, I dexxed back and he was able to dash forward covering more distance.to nail me.
    I quit the matched and restarted but this time just parry and then heavy the f#*ked out on him.
    Was able to take him out without trouble. These AI intercepts and dexxing are getting nasty.
  • shield311shield311 Member Posts: 430 ★★
    This is actually so annoying lol, also the fact that in 9.1 the ai would hold sp2 for ages but the moment, like literally the next second it gets a chance it throws sp3, it was fixed in act 8 imo, they held specials allowing me to chain combos and heavies but here its impossible.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★
    Well now that mods are back on the forum and commenting on crystal openings could one take a look at this? Especially the first few posts, I find the inconsistant recovery time the most frustrating thing on the game.
  • SuperSam568SuperSam568 Member Posts: 47
    Noticed the OP also resorting to the evolved “Dash in hit once-dash back just in case” tactic, to avoid the ai dash back intercept. It does work and actually feels good to get one up on the ai :)
  • FlipBoyFlipBoy Member Posts: 107
    Kascam will never fix this issue. They don't care about the players. All they care about is filling their pockets. Unit offers and monetary offers will always be glitch free while game mechanics will always suffer in some way. Kascam will not fix anything that gives the AI any advantage over the players. Kascam will always bleed the players of their units and resources any way they can.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    edited September 20
    NüΚΞ said:

Yes the ai was able to move and attack me while I was stuck in the special animations. Completely locked out of controls. All of the videos are the same issue. I am still locked in a special animation yet the ai can attack me. The third video was Moleman SOS he dropped two special ones you can see him engage into the second special one while I am still standing there was no way to do anything

Sam thing happens when you heavy - you get locked into the animation while they are already getting up, so when you try to dash back AI is up and tagging you before your dash is done. I can't believe this is all just random as it never works the other way as something truly random would. There's clearly some specific code at work here

#tinfoiltime

When I was using Ham against Serpent in BGs, the AI would fire off specials as soon as it filled a bar of power. But when I put Porker Poppers and Taunt on him, that demon AI stopped throwing specials. AI would often wait until they expire before it throws it's special agian, no matter how much I tried to bait. And I would even stun it and do 1 or 2 more hits on him, but it STILL would not throw a special until the debuffs expired.

This is the same AI that gets trigger happy as soon as it gains a bar of power. 😕 Now it somehow "realizes" when it has Taunt and a burst damage debuff, it could take damage if it throws it's special. How?? AI is supposed to throw it's special when it's taunted. That's the purpose of that ability.

I want to make a video on this. Also a video on the ai being able to counter our finishing animations. I honestly believe they have no interest in commenting or making adjustments because this one is in their favor. If the AI is on a rampage and can do all these light intercepts and counter our special animations you’ll be spending more on revives and health potions.

The silence is crazy. Any one of these videos could be discussed by a Kabam employee. Either confirming that they are seeing the same thing or that they think I am wrong.

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,053 ★★★★★
    I wish I had this recorded but I just fought a WWBN in BGs that would simply not block with an intimidate up. I even tried the dash back trick and still nothing. Then I tried a light and he just stood there to get his power gain… I was even able to dash in with a medium and he face blocked it… the irony was this made it impossible for me to build mixed emotion charges to get my sp2 pay off.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I wish I had this recorded but I just fought a WWBN in BGs that would simply not block with an intimidate up. I even tried the dash back trick and still nothing. Then I tried a light and he just stood there to get his power gain… I was even able to dash in with a medium and he face blocked it… the irony was this made it impossible for me to build mixed emotion charges to get my sp2 pay off.

I have put my Mantis on the shelf the last couple months. Can't trust intimidate.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,053 ★★★★★
    edited September 20
    Yeah any AI manipulation debuff is crazy squirrelly these days. Definitely have experienced the power sting situation described in this thread. What’s funny is one time I held block when my poppers were gonna expire and sure enough the frame those poppers expired the AI greedily threw that special into my block. I musta danced around for 25-30 seconds being wide open before that too
  • VenoweenVenoween Member Posts: 170
    I always play as if the AI is going to kill me with one contact. I assume that Instant kill will happen as soon as I start each match. Always assume the worst that’s the best way to play this game.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 963 ★★★
    The AI is just dashing way across faster than a single dash back, some of BS stuff. I refuse to buy revives knowing how AI just scamming.
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    This is not even AI problem, this is a well thought out change on Kabam’s part.
    I love Trappy streams, and he basically said what I say out loud while playing MCOC lately. Kabam employees this is how you kill your game. Thanks Trappy for being the goat and speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/VFyTX7sQK2I?si=Q5yWNSfX09D-L9ER
    All the same problems for months (coming on a year) have become MORE exacerbated.

1. AI light intercepting
    2. AI special intercepting
    3. AI draft back intercepting
    4. AI not throwing specials
    5. AI parrying hits constantly
    6. AI recovery time issues all noted on this page
    7. AI not throwing specials
    8. AI holding specials until your ramp up falls off
    9. AI holding specials but instantly dropping sp3 a
    10. AI not dashing to get parried instead walking up to you and waiting for the exact moment block is dropped.
    11. AI now throwing 4-hit combos straight into specials
    12. AI recovery time making it impossible to safely punish specials
    13. AI recovery time making it impossible to safely punish heavy attacks
    14. AI recovery time allowing AI to punish OUR special animations and heavy attacks.

I can’t believe this is the state we are in. Please address this problem before the game loses its player base.