New "Real Event" BG season 22

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

@KabamDORK can we clarify whether a match that’s won will award points for both winning and completing? I know it’s not typically that way but figuring out what this entails is…a lot.

This is correct, a win will get both the completion and win points.

It's going to be really interesting to see how this plays out. I'm anticipating a pretty slow start to the event, as obviously nobody is in the GC earning those bonus points at the start of the season. So will be interesting to see how the community reacts to that.
    Thank you!
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

I might be wrong; but the thought of a Real Event was for everyone to push towards a goal.
    With the point difference in VT and GC, a huge chunk of the player base is starting and participating in this event with a hand tied behind their backs.
    We have asked for an incentive to play in GC, clearly they misunderstood our request.

Yeah i think the vast point difference in VT and GC is actually doing more harm than good.

Then again, i can see why they did it as certain uncollected /TB players like @MorningstarIsBae kept crying and spamming threads here that they were facing larger accounts in the Victory Track.

I assume this was meant to incentive people to push into the Gladiator Circuit asap so as to prevent farming. Even though farming wasnt an issue to begin with as certain players just chose to push later on in the season and since it costed twice the energy it did before to even sustain it.

But now with the vast difference in points in GC and VT , i can just see people farming in low tier GC.

In short, they tried to discourage farming, but ended up making it worse by implementing the vast point differences
    Yeah there is this weird opposing design going on.

A Realm Event is meant to encourage the community to come together. Here, we come together…by trying to make your fellow players lose matches.

One player’s win costs another player’s solo points. Although the realm milestones are supposed to mean it is still a win for the loser, I’d say that the losses will demotivate players from contributing to the Realm score more than the Realm prizes would encourage participation.

If I am just constantly losing, I know I am not gonna keep trying to play to get the Solo milestones or to bump up the Realm counter.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,565 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Polygon said:

I might be wrong; but the thought of a Real Event was for everyone to push towards a goal.
    With the point difference in VT and GC, a huge chunk of the player base is starting and participating in this event with a hand tied behind their backs.
    We have asked for an incentive to play in GC, clearly they misunderstood our request.

Yeah i think the vast point difference in VT and GC is actually doing more harm than good.

Then again, i can see why they did it as certain uncollected /TB players like @MorningstarIsBae kept crying and spamming threads here that they were facing larger accounts in the Victory Track.

I assume this was meant to incentive people to push into the Gladiator Circuit asap so as to prevent farming. Even though farming wasnt an issue to begin with as certain players just chose to push later on in the season and since it costed twice the energy it did before to even sustain it.

But now with the vast difference in points in GC and VT , i can just see people farming in low tier GC.

In short, they tried to discourage farming, but ended up making it worse by implementing the vast point differences
    Yeah there is this weird opposing design going on.

A Realm Event is meant to encourage the community to come together. Here, we come together…by trying to make your fellow players lose matches.

One player’s win costs another player’s solo points. Although the realm milestones are supposed to mean it is still a win for the loser, I’d say that the losses will demotivate players from contributing to the Realm score more than the Realm prizes would encourage participation.

If I am just constantly losing, I know I am not gonna keep trying to play to get the Solo milestones or to bump up the Realm counter.
    That is the least of the flaws. Of course 1 person wins the other loses. The problem is the fact that not every person has the chance to earn the same ammount of points with the same resources.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 251 ★★
    Riryoku said:

Hey, at least the whales are going to carry the event trying to get the Bastion title. I want to believe that because otherwise, I doubt we'll hit all the milestones.

Bold of you to assume whales gonna use elder marks after they hit their milestones
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    Will we hit the 1.5 billion milestone or not? What is the max milestone we might hit, as per your assumption? That's all I wanna know.
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 314 ★★
    edited September 24
    I believe it's to prevent point farming in lower ranks
    don't believe it's enough incentive for me to try GC tho, it's just makes point farming more tedious
    edit: t's up from 66 VT wins to 73 VT wins, barely a difference for anyone wondering. and rewards are much better, I'm a fan so far
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 314 ★★

ege999men said:

I believe it's to prevent point farming in lower ranks
    don't believe it's enough incentive for me to try GC tho, it's just makes point farming more tedious
    edit: t's up from 66 VT wins to 73 VT wins, barely a difference for anyone wondering. and rewards are much better, I'm a fan so far

73 wins in VT for the 5k points?
    Cool now we just gotta make sure we got 300k active players doing the 5K minimum....
    Tbh 1mil titan is good enough for me, rest is just bonus I don't really care although 200k players isn't low either
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 59
    Pikolu said:

Venoween said:

I have a reasonably advanced roster as a new valiant. I will have 9000 elders marks to start season 22. There is no way on this earth I will be able to hit 5000 points. Unless they’ve invented some type of new math, I’m just not going to be that motivated.

As a Valiant, you won't be able to get enough wins from roughly 150 matches? If you wait a week or 2 before pushing VT, then you would probably be winning 90% of all of your VT matches with probably a fair amount of paragons/TBs/Cavs forfeiting against you during that climb. Then you'll probably still have 9k or so elders marks, or 100 matches, to win 23-27 of them (depending on how many points you already got in VT). Every 4 matches you lose constitutes as about a win in points, so if you did 100 matches in GC, then you'd only need to actually win 0-2 matches to get the 5k. I imagine that even a new valiant would be able to do that.

Now if you push day 1, then your going to have issues as a lot of the top dogs are playing then. It is much better to just wait if you aren't confident in your roster and skills.
    My thoughts exactly I too am a new valiant but i don't do bgs much will mostly complete vt in the last week or 2 just to get the 7* deathless she hulk piece definitely not gonna grind to get the 5k minimum rewards are okayish considering the grind involved
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,301 ★★★★★
    I'll just get that she hulk piece and rest
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,019 ★★★★★

The thing with this event is that it basically disincentivizes the BG dedicated alliances from their normal 500k to 1M targets for individuals. They will all get the 5k points without much trouble but they won't push with units because there are no ranked alliance rewards to incentivize them. Many will not want to subsidize the rest of the community.

The lower players expecting to be carried by whales will be doing the bare minimum they need to.

I think like the current realm event.. selfishness will make the event disappointing. I hope i'm wrong..

If your thoughts here pan out to be accurate, there is something interesting to note. If higher level players do the minimum and call it there, then lower level players will actually have an easier time moving up the ranks which will further incentivize them to play. So it could actually be lower level players carrying this event if those higher up give up.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,088 ★★★★★
    I dunno. I’m planning on playing like normal, but if everyone is demotivated maybe I’ll play more to get the solo event stuff. Not seeing a need to complain about this one.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,088 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

BigBlueOx said:

I dunno. I’m planning on playing like normal, but if everyone is demotivated maybe I’ll play more to get the solo event stuff. Not seeing a need to complain about this one.

Who's gonna tell him, I can't do it
    I mean the ranked rewards for the solo.
  • DonkeyKongDonkeyKong Member Posts: 26
    All i can say is that there will be endless post about some accounts (uncollected - throne breaker) complaining that they can’t reach 5000 points because they keep losing to valiants and paragons.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,019 ★★★★★

All i can say is that there will be endless post about some accounts (uncollected - throne breaker) complaining that they can’t reach 5000 points because they keep losing to valiants and paragons.

And we will encourage them that this season is better for them than any other season has been since they fixed matchmaking, because losing doesn't stop them from getting something, it only slows them down. If they want all the rewards, then they can put in the work and get them.
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★
    edited September 24
    I mean you'll get people playing for the Deathless piece too. I know I will get both my accounts to GC just for that so a little extra grinding for a realm event won't be that bad. Also, banquet tickets are up for grabs too.

It works out to just a little over 200 matches in victory track with elder marks if you lose every match and around 50ish in victory track if you win every match with elder marks. No where near impossible to hit top rewards. I also feel like the rewards are good enough that most people will aim for top rewards this time around. I'm pretty happy with the event all things considered.

I mean you'll get people playing for the Deathless piece too. I know I will get both my accounts to GC just for that so a little extra grinding for a realm event won't be that bad. Also, banquet tickets are up for grabs too.

It works out to just a little over 200 matches in victory track with elder marks if you lose every match and around 50ish in victory track if you win every match with elder marks. No where near impossible to hit top rewards. I also feel like the rewards are good enough that most people will aim for top rewards this time around. I'm pretty happy with the event all things considered.

Why is people fixated on the 5k and call it top rewards... You mean minimum requirement to be able to claim.
    At 5k we need 300k players doing 5k in a mode where some people score lower due to VT and GC point difference.
    This thing is like the revenge of the matchmaking system 🤣
    Fixated is a bit of stretch. It's the only goal post that we can use until the mode is live to see where people will be placing and how much the average player will put up. I think that more people will care about this mode since the rewards are pretty good and you're playing the game as opposed to mindlessly popping crystals.

Fixated is a bit of stretch. It's the only goal post that we can use until the mode is live to see where people will be placing and how much the average player will put up. I think that more people will care about this mode since the rewards are pretty good and you're playing the game as opposed to mindlessly popping crystals.

Its really not, its the thought of aiming for top rewards with minimum effort. Same thing happened with the crystal opening one, many players openly saying I am just going to open 1k, with the hope of just getting the most rewards claimable, and not caring about the event itself.
    They should have kept going on minimum requirements in increments of 100-200 points after the 5k to actually push players to play and earn their rewards.
    I don't even think there are 300k active players.
    I think the comparison should be with Necropolis instead of the crystal popping event though. People were way more invested in the launch of Necropolis because the rewards were good. Will there be people who only hit the milestone for top milestone purposes and do nothing more? Of course. I just believe there are a lot more people who will put in higher effort because of the better rewards.

I don't think we'll hit all of the Titan shard rewards because those rewards seem a bit too high, but I would be surprised if we don't hit the titan. In any event, the event starts October 2nd so we'll see.

I think the comparison should be with Necropolis instead of the crystal popping event though. People were way more invested in the launch of Necropolis because the rewards were good. Will there be people who only hit the milestone for top milestone purposes and do nothing more? Of course. I just believe there are a lot more people who will put in higher effort because of the better rewards.

I don't think we'll hit all of the Titan shard rewards because those rewards seem a bit too high, but I would be surprised if we don't hit the titan. In any event, the event starts October 2nd so we'll see.

You can't compare it to Necropolis, there was an actual exploration reward along with a progression title, scoring was the same for everyone participating, a death was a death. Not half a death, not a % of a death.
    You have a ton of people making sure they say "I will grind the 5k", making all the math of what will require to get the 5k, 73 wins in VT, 50 in GC .. The grind number is pretty much set.
    We are starting a marathon knowing that at 15 miles we will start cramping up...
  • Dan__4Dan__4 Member Posts: 95

The thing with this event is that it basically disincentivizes the BG dedicated alliances from their normal 500k to 1M targets for individuals. They will all get the 5k points without much trouble but they won't push with units because there are no ranked alliance rewards to incentivize them. Many will not want to subsidize the rest of the community.

The lower players expecting to be carried by whales will be doing the bare minimum they need to.

I think like the current realm event.. selfishness will make the event disappointing. I hope i'm wrong..

You hit the nail on the head. Why on earth would I waste all my elder marks and units to get the exact same rewards as everyone else and don’t even mention the solo ranked rewards… those are trash too. A titan crystal come on