Toad fight proves how bad Deathless Vision is

MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 276 ★★
edited September 25 in General Discussion
Had the most fun playing with champs that are not ideal counters for that fight , and the one champ that should be a Chad for it , is just pure garbage. 14 passive fury's and hitting like a 4* is wild

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,920 ★★★★★

I don't know how to get the furries but the sp2 power burn did enough damage to get him down

U power under a bar after they reach a bar u phase then when u hit him u gain fury passives and heal block everytime u push under the bar so most times is use sp1 but if u can keep heal block up u can rush sp2 and drain him again to reapply but also then give u 2 phase charges which u can use to pause the fury and get more
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 276 ★★

I don't know how to get the furries but the sp2 power burn did enough damage to get him down

Sadly that's rng I had 14 fury's and no crits at all
    You need to push them below any amount of bars of power to get a phase charge them you need to parry and hit the defender to get the fury's

Had the most fun playing with champs that are not ideal counters for that fight , and the one champ that should be a Chad for it , is just pure garbage. 14 passive fury's and hitting like a 4* is wild

Yeah mines a noodle as a r2 i feel u i also used 2 revives as somehow ai was terrible at the last 25% i wish he hit harder
    Yup his special damage should be guaranteed crits always , like mantis and shang chi ,and both have easier build ups and deal way more damage than him , the rng on specials and the lack of damage on his basic attacks just turns him into a potato
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 588 ★★★

Unyonface said:

Bendy said:

U power under a bar after they reach a bar u phase then when u hit him u gain fury passives and heal block everytime u push under the bar so most times is use sp1 but if u can keep heal block up u can rush sp2 and drain him again to reapply but also then give u 2 phase charges which u can use to pause the fury and get more
    What?
    I’m glad I’m not the only one
    😂😂😂how to explain a simply worded description badly
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,419 ★★★★★
    Unyonface said:

Bendy said:

What?
    His mom took away his punctuation marks. Sad.
  • Trillionaire6Trillionaire6 Member Posts: 44
    I think if he could steal the power drained from specials similar to AOU vision he would be awesome. Currently the rotations are just too difficult for such a small payout.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,426 ★★★★★
    Is he out of rebalance window or is there still some hope for a buff?
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

There were balance notes for Deathless Guilly (which was no changes, a fair call). There’s no reason to think that Deathless Vision is exempt while she isn’t.

Now that you’ve mentioned it actually, we’ve never gotten any balancing notes on Deathless King Groot. I’d expect it to be also no changes, but we should have gotten some comments about it with Serpent/Destroyer or Prowler/Punk, wonder what happened with that. So who knows, maybe they just forgot King Groot because he’s completely fine.
    Squidopus said:

Graves_3 said:

There were balance notes for Deathless Guilly (which was no changes, a fair call). There’s no reason to think that Deathless Vision is exempt while she isn’t.

Now that you’ve mentioned it actually, we’ve never gotten any balancing notes on Deathless King Groot. I’d expect it to be also no changes, but we should have gotten some comments about it with Serpent/Destroyer or Prowler/Punk, wonder what happened with that. So who knows, maybe they just forgot King Groot because he’s completely fine.
    He should be mentioned in the october one i believe as he either dropped with punk prowler or he dropped with negasonic and sable
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,155 ★★★★★
    Unyonface said:

Bendy said:

What?
    His sp1 drain 35% of a bar of power. If he goes below a power threshold via this power drain (that is he has 1 bar of power currently, and after drain he goes to 0 bar), you'll get phase charge. Parry to convert the phase charge into phase passive. Hitting opponent while this phase passive is active gives you furies
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 298 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Squidopus said:

Graves_3 said:

He should be mentioned in the october one i believe as he either dropped with punk prowler or he dropped with negasonic and sable
    Maybe, although the Prowler/Punk balance update only mentions that NTW & Sable will have their balancing notes released in mid-October, no mention of DKG.

Deathless vision is trash... Had an easier time with Deathless king groot against Onslaught objective...

My R3 Viv vision had an easier time in that fight than my 7* R2 DV , kabam was trying to create the new Groot with that one
  • NBK1999NBK1999 Member Posts: 34
    This fight would be a lot easier for Deathless Vision if the Toad SOS ai wasn't literally hot garbage. my 7* r2 was faster than my r1 guilly 2099 solo, but that was after 2.5 hours of straight attempts with him. He could pretty easily do this fight if the AI acted like it normally did.

I've been enjoying him otherwise, I use him every day and he's actually quite solid. I use him every day on map 8, he's a ton of fun, a great "flow" champ. Sure he's not at the top of either power control or damage, but he's definitely better than either of the other visions imo.

"This fight proves how bad he is"... eh. He's clearly not meant for this size health pool. I think there's a large part of the community who haven't touched him until now because of all the bad press around him and aren't comfortable with playing him. Once you get his rhythm down he's much better than people give him credit for.

(I've had a lot of success with him treating his phase more like a counterpunch than like ghost's phase. Trigger phase with parry and immediately go in LLLMM and you'll get 4 furies in one phase instead of the 3 you'd get going MLLLM).
    NBK1999 said:

This fight would be a lot easier for Deathless Vision if the Toad SOS ai wasn't literally hot garbage. my 7* r2 was faster than my r1 guilly 2099 solo, but that was after 2.5 hours of straight attempts with him. He could pretty easily do this fight if the AI acted like it normally did.

I've been enjoying him otherwise, I use him every day and he's actually quite solid. I use him every day on map 8, he's a ton of fun, a great "flow" champ. Sure he's not at the top of either power control or damage, but he's definitely better than either of the other visions imo.

"This fight proves how bad he is"... eh. He's clearly not meant for this size health pool. I think there's a large part of the community who haven't touched him until now because of all the bad press around him and aren't comfortable with playing him. Once you get his rhythm down he's much better than people give him credit for.

(I've had a lot of success with him treating his phase more like a counterpunch than like ghost's phase. Trigger phase with parry and immediately go in LLLMM and you'll get 4 furies in one phase instead of the 3 you'd get going MLLLM).

No one used him because he's terrible, and not fun at all I don't see nothing funny about hitting 800 damage on mediums with a R2 ,did you know that the quest to get Thanos is going to have the same size heath pool ? maybe even higher , and he's required to get access to this quest, so he should definitely be meant for that kind of health pool but sadly he's not,
    Hopefully he'll get buffed before 2025

No one used him because he's terrible, and not fun at all I don't see nothing funny about hitting 800 damage on mediums with a R2 ,did you know that the quest to get Thanos is going to have the same size heath pool ? maybe even higher , and he's required to get access to this quest, so he should definitely be meant for that kind of health pool but sadly he's not,
    Hopefully he'll get buffed before 2025

Afaik we haven't heard anything about the size of health pools for that quest, or any other info besides the fact that it'll be locked behind all 4 other deathless champs. Regardless, I've been having fun with him and seen some decent results. I'm not saying that he's anywhere near the top of either the tech class or the game overall, but I do think that he's much better than this hate train that seems to be following him around gives him credit for.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Member Posts: 505 ★★★
    edited September 26
    Vision is a noodle.

Seems like Kabam recycled the old Vision and threw a random set of maybe cool abilities.

The medium and light attacks seem slow to initiate and to complete compared to champions of the last 4-5 years. Lol

The sp1 and sp2 damage based on energy drained is low and limited and buggy as per … my past complaints over 5 years ago.

His fury and damage increase is minimal and not as apparent as the old Vision Og and Ultron synergy fury from over 5 years ago.

I guess he has a new immunity.

It’s just so mediocre for a refresh. So disappointing.

Suggestions:

Up the base damage, crit and crit dmg as well as armor - better than Ironman OG at least. Give him an armor up or something to deal with Havok - maybe tie in his increased base abilities to this armor up like other techs so it’s disabled with armor break and more balanced vs cosmics.

Put back power drain from specials to prior Visions.

Change sp2 animations and damage to be based off a couple physical hits so it scales off attack then have a power drain and damage at the end.

Extend duration of phasing by 1 sec and increase fury attack by 30%.

Update the speed of his animations so he can intercept better?

Maybe when he’s knocked down he phases for a second and gains power when attacked - giving him some defense ability. If he’s useless as a defender then give him a bloody good offense.

Compared to Nefarious or Serpent or Bulleyes etc etc Vision is visibly lacking. Haha

edited September 26
    MavRCK_ said:

Compared to Nefarious or Serpent or Bulleyes etc etc Vision is visibly lacking. Haha

I know that multiple people at kabam (at least Crashed and DLL from what I remember) have stated that DV is not supposed to be on the same level as all the current meta champs. If they kept releasing champs as OP as those then the game would spiral out of control to become an unplayable mess (kabam's constant game-breaking bugs aside).

He definitely could use an update though. Honestly even just a value tuneup would solve a lot of his issues, his loop is very fun and easy to maintain once you get used to it (not including SOS toad's ai).