It’s like you want us to play less

Comments

• Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Member Posts: 119
    edited September 27
    Absolutely agree all what you said here ,i’m valiant for almost a year and no SQ,EQ,AQ,Bg store,Aq store etc where upgraded or even a slightly bumped ,that is disgusting really,but every month they are selling titan shards,7 star shards,t4a catalysts ,this game going to p2w waaay more forward thats very sad
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Long story short, we're keeping the same super slow progression updates to keep everyone at more or less the same ranks for as long as possible

As crashed said do u want 7s lifespan gone now to where they have to introduce 8s no hence why things update slowly so they dont put out a new star when they dont need also they have a plan on when things update they dont share it asap as the updates come when there ready to share
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★

I think they released 7* champs way too soon. just my opinion which is worth spit.

Considering they delayed 6s for ages 7s were late we was due 7s for ages since 5s came out with venom and guillotine i believe 6s dropped with act 5 then 7s last year
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★
    edited September 27

Before I provide an update, I just want to say that players tend to look at the game economy different than we do. We look at it holistically - are players who are engaged in the game progressing? The answer right now is definitely yes. Think about your own accounts compared to a year ago. If you play the game regularly I guaranteed you have made substantial progress, regardless of how much you are spending.

A larger portion of rewards have been focused on events this year. We do this because we see a clear signal that it drives more player engagement than focusing those rewards into our regular modes. That doesn't mean they will never be updated, but it does mean more of the baseline reward budget is going to come from special events and things like the Daily Super Event.

Arenas - I said in a different thread, you don't want us to update Arenas. It would almost certainly result in lower Unit yields per time spent than the current tuning.

Hey Crashed. Thanks as always for the info. Can I ask for one clarification though? You mention you don’t think an economy change in arenas would ultimately benefit the players and I certainly understand your point for the ones Monday to Saturday. However, would it be possible to tweak just Sunday and maybe throw in som 6* shards or a couple units. I can imagine that would be game breaking
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★

Before I provide an update, I just want to say that players tend to look at the game economy different than we do. We look at it holistically - are players who are engaged in the game progressing? The answer right now is definitely yes. Think about your own accounts compared to a year ago. If you play the game regularly I guaranteed you have made substantial progress, regardless of how much you are spending.

A larger portion of rewards have been focused on events this year. We do this because we see a clear signal that it drives more player engagement than focusing those rewards into our regular modes. That doesn't mean they will never be updated, but it does mean more of the baseline reward budget is going to come from special events and things like the Daily Super Event.

Arenas - I said in a different thread, you don't want us to update Arenas. It would almost certainly result in lower Unit yields per time spent than the current tuning.

Hey Crashed. Thanks as always for the info. Can I ask for one clarification though? You mention you don’t think an economy change in arenas would ultimately benefit the players and I certainly understand your point for the ones Monday to Saturday. However, would it be possible to tweak just Sunday and maybe throw in som 6* shards or a couple units. I can imagine that would be game breaking
    If they go back to touch the sunday arenas, they're going to touch the normal ones too
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 411 ★★
    Ok so according to sir crashed arena will not get an update but why you can easily buff the rewards by adding atleast paragon crystal shards in there so maybe or hopefully everyone has a chance to get a 6 or 7 Star champ instead of useless grandmaster crystal which I don't know what max rarity they can give
    And with this paragon crystal shards it will solve the problem of iso for some little accounts if they manage to do some milestones
    And Sunday arena is the worst thing to exist in the game rn you can easily buff them by giving exalted crystal shards which gives 20% chance for 7 Star and 80% chance for 6 Star also Keep in mind sunday arena only comes once a week so it will not break the game

In my opinion the above rewards buff should be fair and reasonable to those who gives time to this mode and again all the rewards which I said above is not game breaking and if you think it's game breaking add progression based rewards in arena

I know many people hate arenas even I only do featured arena and 2 milestone in summoner trial but I still want the arena buff so it will feel like you are getting other things as well besides units obviously just for those who do all the arenas

If you don't want to play arena that's ok but those who are doing it should not be feel disappointed

For example- many people don't play bgs but the rewards still gets updated because of the other playing and enjoying this mode

I am very sure some type of arena buff or maybe the idea given by me above will surely increase the player based in this mode

Sorry for the long post I don't know but it looks like I took it very personally this time and I think I can write a long post about incursion as well and will definitely think on doing it
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 903 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

If they took the rest of the year off on champ releases and fixed the damned game, it would likely make them much more in the long run.

For the 1000000000th time. That's not how game dev works
    Do you work for Kabam? Is that you trying to clown on me Mr. Diggety?
  • ElwindElwind Member Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited September 27
    Everybody forgot Incursions... Incursions store definitely need an update.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 884 ★★★

Ok so according to sir crashed arena will not get an update but why you can easily buff the rewards by adding atleast paragon crystal shards in there so maybe or hopefully everyone has a chance to get a 6 or 7 Star champ instead of useless grandmaster crystal which I don't know what max rarity they can give
    And with this paragon crystal shards it will solve the problem of iso for some little accounts if they manage to do some milestones
    And Sunday arena is the worst thing to exist in the game rn you can easily buff them by giving exalted crystal shards which gives 20% chance for 7 Star and 80% chance for 6 Star also Keep in mind sunday arena only comes once a week so it will not break the game

In my opinion the above rewards buff should be fair and reasonable to those who gives time to this mode and again all the rewards which I said above is not game breaking and if you think it's game breaking add progression based rewards in arena

I know many people hate arenas even I only do featured arena and 2 milestone in summoner trial but I still want the arena buff so it will feel like you are getting other things as well besides units obviously just for those who do all the arenas

If you don't want to play arena that's ok but those who are doing it should not be feel disappointed

For example- many people don't play bgs but the rewards still gets updated because of the other playing and enjoying this mode

I am very sure some type of arena buff or maybe the idea given by me above will surely increase the player based in this mode

Sorry for the long post I don't know but it looks like I took it very personally this time and I think I can write a long post about incursion as well and will definitely think on doing it

If you think we’re getting exalted crystals from the Sunday arenas and paragon crystals from the rest, you’re delusional. Arena is for units, the other stuff (iso you get from grandmaster crystals) is just the cherry on top
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 903 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Long story short, we're keeping the same super slow progression updates to keep everyone at more or less the same ranks for as long as possible

Well if arenas are trash, then people won't do them and buy units instead... probably.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

Just so you all know the best way to get results is by working together and that best way is kinda like a strike of sorts. Take off the game a week or two see how they respond when they are getting zero income from the player base. Just saying unity is a powerful thing. I usually get banned from forums for my posts bc they know how much damage it can do. They obviously don't care about what you guys or gals say and nothing gets done so see how my method works (trust me on this)!!

Never in the history of MCOC has any sort of boycott worked.
    If you want to be ridiculously and extremely pedantic, then sure, you're kind of correct.
    However, in the realm of the sane, you are incorrect.
    In the realm of the objectively sane, no boycott in the history of the game has ever accomplished any of its primary stated goals.

Someone mentioned Seatin's video, which I assume is the circa Act 7 beta one. While yes, that video was a contributing impetus towards change (I tend to get a lot of credit for that as well), you can't argue that was a boycott that accomplished its stated goals. For one thing, if we credit every player who says they are going to stop spending until a particular change happens as having staged a successful boycott, then in the history of the game there's probably been several hundred thousand successful boycotts. But that's not what a boycott actually is. For another thing, Seatin didn't exactly get what he was asking for (and neither did I, exactly, either). Seatin's video talked about burnout, of which there was a number of contributing factors. I was talking about the difficulty curve in Act 6, and how it needed to be addressed structurally. In point of fact, the largest change made in that time frame was Kabam rolling out their "RPG-like" design philosophy, which affected both concerns from a sideways perspective.

The biggest "successful" boycott people point to is the 12.0 boycott. That one at least was organized (to a degree), included a large number of spenders, and had explicitly stated goals. Unfortunately, because those goals were explicitly stated, we can also score its success based on how many of them they got.

They got none of them.

Am I being hyperbolic? Not at all. Those stated goals included reversing the nerfs on the largest nerfed champs at the time (SW, Thor, DS) none of which were (and in the case of Thor, couldn't have been with the changed mechanics), eliminating DR (which obviously wasn't done), eliminating CR (which was reduced in scale, but not eliminated), and a bunch of other stuff they didn't get either. The *proof* that they didn't get what they wanted is the fact that after 12.0.1 and 12.1 were released they continued their stated boycott specifically because they didn't get what they wanted. It is just that eventually everyone else kinda forgot about them.

At best, you can say that mass protest (to include boycotts) have caused Kabam to react and respond to them. However, rarely if ever do they actually get what they are asking for, usually because they are either asking for the literally impossible (reversing Thor's 12.0 nerf, decoupling CR from Parry mechanics) or because what they are asking for is impractical. Because protesters aren't game designers.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

Just so you all know the best way to get results is by working together and that best way is kinda like a strike of sorts. Take off the game a week or two see how they respond when they are getting zero income from the player base. Just saying unity is a powerful thing. I usually get banned from forums for my posts bc they know how much damage it can do. They obviously don't care about what you guys or gals say and nothing gets done so see how my method works (trust me on this)!!

Never in the history of MCOC has any sort of boycott worked.
    If you want to be ridiculously and extremely pedantic, then sure, you're kind of correct.
    However, in the realm of the sane, you are incorrect.

At best, you can say that mass protest (to include boycotts) have caused Kabam to react and respond to them. However, rarely if ever do they actually get what they are asking for, usually because they are either asking for the literally impossible (reversing Thor's 12.0 nerf, decoupling CR from Parry mechanics) or because what they are asking for is impractical. Because protesters aren't game designers.
    Hence why i said he was kind of correct. A boycott if you want to be super specific about its definition has not succeded however there have been movements that have shifted how kabam has done things in the past akin to a boycott but not exactly
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,084 ★★★★★
    Good to know glory store is getting updated.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 460 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

If they go back to touch the sunday arenas, they're going to touch the normal ones too
    opinion or fact? what insider info do you have?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Buttehrs said:

As crashed said do u want 7s lifespan gone now to where they have to introduce 8s no hence why things update slowly so they dont put out a new star when they dont need also they have a plan on when things update they dont share it asap as the updates come when there ready to share
    We have three full ranks after r3 + t# dust to ascend 7* before 8* can even happen, this makes absolutely no sense they shouldn't be going this slow when we have a really long way to go before 8* come out.

As it stands only p2w have easy access to r3 mats. Basically, if you have a lot of money to be throwing it away every month, you're good, if you don't too bad.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 541 ★★★

Absolutely agree all what you said here ,i’m valiant for almost a year and no SQ,EQ,AQ,Bg store,Aq store etc where upgraded or even a slightly bumped ,that is disgusting really,but every month they are selling titan shards,7 star shards,t4a catalysts ,this game going to p2w waaay more forward thats very sad

Absolutely agree
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited September 27
    I like Crashed. Of course he's going to get defensive about game economy. Here's the disconnect between him and the angered masses:

These 2 game items are the current and future macguffins of MCOC. Crashed has (hopefully) a 6-12 month rollout schedule in front of him where these items will be offered in conjunction with Sales events and Quarterly financial reports. They will be doled out drip by drip to maximize player engagement and fiscal quarter reports, much like how your favorite streamer will chop up release of your favorite shows' next season between fiscal quarters. Crashed can see what's coming up, but the masses have to sit on their thumbs saying Why Am I Still Here Is This Still Worth It? At the heart of this is trust, as in, trust the process, that we (the game) will make it worth your while if you remain patient, during a period where for a myriad of reasons there is no trust, patience is gone, and folks be losing their minds over the slightest of inconveniences.

What everyone seems to forget is there are exactly 0 people who have ever worked on this scale of game that has existed for this long, generating this kind of revenue, from a quick glance of everyone's LinkedIn bios. This isn't easy, and there's no rolling back or calling timeout while some magic army of elves fix everything for free, and frankly I'm glad I'm not them.

No easy answers. Fascinating to watch, though.