The best BEYOND OMEGA Mutant

Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 466 ★★
Class: Mutant

Abilities

Passive: Molecular Omnipotence

Mr. M's omnipotence allows him to predict where the opponent would dodge. He ignore all Evade effects.
All Special Attack hits are classified as energy damage.
Mr. M is immune to all telepathic effects, Reversed Controls, Power Lock, Special Lock and Daunted due to his complex, reality-warping mind. The potency of all Bleed, Neuro-Shock, and Shock effects is reduced by 90%. Each stack of Bleed or Shock Debuffs or Passives active on Mr. M increases his Critical Rating by +25.

Basic attacks

Each Basic Attack (except his Heavy attack) inflicts one Omega Charge on the opponent (max 75 stacks). Omega Charges are Passives and cannot have their ability accuracy reduced. Each Omega Charge decreases Mutant Ability Accuracy by 2% and all other Champions’ Ability Accuracy by 1%.

Evading

On Defence: Mr. M has a 200% chance to Evade all Basic Attacks. This Evade is disabled if he is Light-Intercepted and is reactivated when he launches a Special Attack.
On Offense: Mr. M has a 100% chance to Evade one incoming hit if not blocking, counter-attacking the opponent with a Passive Stun for 0.75 seconds.

Molecular Shield (Heavy Attacks)

Successfully knocking down the opponent with a Heavy Attack inflicts 5 Omega Charges and places a non-stacking 30% Asphyxiation Debuff on the opponent for 10 seconds. If a Prowess Buff fails to activate on the opponent due to Ability Accuracy reduction caused by Omega Charges, Mr. M gains a copy of that Prowess Buff with the same potency and duration. These Prowess Buffs are paused during Special Attacks and consumed immediately after the attack. Asphyxiation is paused during Special Attacks.)
(Asphyxiation: reduces the potency and duration of Regeneration and Power Gain effects by given percentage, reduces the Ability Accuracy of Glancing, also by a given percentage, and Critical Resistance of opponent is ignored.

Omega State

If Mr. M knocks down his opponent with a heavy attack after maximum charges have been reached, all charges are consumed and he enters Omega State for 20 seconds. When Omega State is active, the opponent’s Energy Resistances are decreased by 70%, and basic attacks deal 35% damage as a burst of energy. All hits of special attacks from Mutant champions Miss.

Special Attack 1: Plasma Manipulation

Mr. M charges plasma beams in his hands. Holding block slows down time. Releasing block just before the projectile hits the opponent activates a Perfect Release, inflicting 10 Omega Charges. Releasing Early inflicts 2 Omega Charges, and releasing Late inflicts 3. Each successful Perfect Release also inflicts a Passive Shock on the opponent for 15 seconds.

Special Attack 2: Elemental Disintegration

Mr. M creates a Disintegration Field around himself for 0.2 seconds per Omega Charge on activation of this special attack. While the opponent is inside this field: They receive a Disintegration Debuff for every 1 second in the field, dealing damage over time based on the number of Omega Charges on them over the duration of the field. These debuffs fall off when the opponent is away from Mr. M.
Mr. M passively drains 5% of the opponent’s current Power every 2 seconds. The field disables the opponent's Unstoppable, Unblockable and Immortality effects. If the opponent attempts to trigger a Buff while inside the Disintegration Field, it has a 50% chance to fail.
50% of Omega charges (rounded down) are consumed when this special attack ends.

Special Attack 3: Reality Consumption

If in Omega State when this special attack is launched, Mr. M deals 400% more damage, and he activates a Regeneration Passive healing 7.5% of his missing health over 30 seconds.
According to the class of his opponent, this special attack inflicts various effects:
• Skill: Skill champions are inflicted with a non-stacking Purify Down passive for 20 seconds, reducing chance of Purification by 75%.
• Mutant: All active Prowess effects (buff or Passive) are Invalidated, dealing direct damage scaling with each Prowess effect cancelled.
• Tech: 50% of active Armours are removed.
• Cosmic: Ability Accuracy of the next 3 buffs are reduced by 150%.
• Mystic: Power Gain effects are reduced by 50% for the next 20 seconds.

Signature Ability: Beyond Omega

Unblockable attacks against Mutant and Tech champions can be blocked by Mr. M if Asphyxiation is active.
Class disadvantage against #Size: L and #Size: XL Tech champions is ignored.
If Mr. M is to be knocked out by a special attack, a medium attack, or a heavy attack, he uses his divine powers to Passively Regenerate <20-30>% of his maximum health in a burst of healing, but his defences are weakened by expanding this energy; he inflicts on himself a passive Armour Break and a passive Energy Vulnerability, both of <70-50>% potency.
Maximum stacks of Omega Charges are increased by <5.01-25.01>(rounded down).

Once again, I shall repeat, ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY REMARKS. THIS IS THE USE OF MY BRAIN AND MY BRAIN ONLY. EVERY IDEA IS UNIQUE.
PS. The only reason I post in General "Discussion" is so that the entire community can actually "discuss" these matters.

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,307 ★★★★★
    Who is Mr M? Never heard of him
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 466 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Mr. M, or Absolon Mercator, is a German mutant. He shifted to Mutant Town in search of peace when his family was murdered.

His main powers include subatomic control and near-onmipotence. During the fall of Krakoa, when Apocalypse captured Avalon, Mr. M was so powerful that Apocalypse personally asked for assistance. Magneto himself greeted Absolon during the Hellfire Gala to ask him to help populate Mars for mutants.

Absolon was so powerful that he was one of the only mutants to retain their powers post M-Day. Hence, John Dee starred to think he would be the greatest threat to mankind. He ordered Leech to depower Absolson, and Leech killed him.

Too bad for him, Absolson became the first and only Mutant known to regenerate from death.

His powers are very similar to those of Molecule Man
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Nice one

EdisonLaw said:

Mr. M, or Absolon Mercator, is a German mutant. He shifted to Mutant Town in search of peace when his family was murdered.

His main powers include subatomic control and near-onmipotence. During the fall of Krakoa, when Apocalypse captured Avalon, Mr. M was so powerful that Apocalypse personally asked for assistance. Magneto himself greeted Absolon during the Hellfire Gala to ask him to help populate Mars for mutants.

Absolon was so powerful that he was one of the only mutants to retain their powers post M-Day. Hence, John Dee starred to think he would be the greatest threat to mankind. He ordered Leech to depower Absolson, and Leech killed him.

Too bad for him, Absolson became the first and only Mutant known to regenerate from death.

I read his bio online and he sounds like Doctor Manhattan
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Dr Manhattan is on a different level. He's the strongest from DC i believe
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

BRO SPOILERS MUCH? So happy I stopped reading when I reached during the fall of krakoa. I'm at reign of x rn i think
    Polygon said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Dr Manhattan is on a different level. He's the strongest from DC i believe
    Yeah he is, one of the strongest beings there, similar to how Molecule Man is one of the strongest in Marvel, they are legit counterparts to each other
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

His powers are comparatively the same to Dr. Manhattan, like I said, molecular manipulation. But, I doubt Mr. M comes anywhere near to a guy how can draw a perfect circle on his forehead without even looking.
    Squidopus said:

Man I just don’t think we need a fourth mutant built around countering techs, we really don’t need to kick that class while they’re down. I also think that requiring a light intercept on fight start and after every special to realistically achieve anything is maybe just a little dumb. At least Enchantress who also “requires” intercepts lets you do it with any attack and doesn’t outright stop you from hitting her until you do it. 200% evade until you light intercept is just too much, especially with the AI problems.

Going by the current Kabam trends, they're making hard defenders. Now what I tried to create here was a 4/5 attacker with a 4/5 defense as well. As for "while they're down" what exactly are you implying? The tech class has some greats, and we HAVE seen mutants kill Tech-type champions like Sentinels. Looking to it, I do not think that ignoring class disadvantage against a net total of 7 champions (Peni, Sentinel, Warlock, Hulkbuster, HTD, Nimrod and Ultron ) is "kicking a class". As for light intercepting, if for instance, you have a war boss photon, do you RISK medium intercepts that could be back drafted, considering the AI situation active currently, or would you attempt a light intercept, being safe in case your opponent does not, in fact, dash in, and you're safe with only a whiff? If you are really troubled by light intercepting after specials, use a Slow, Coldsnap or Power Drain champion. I don't see anyone complaining about Stealth Spidey's Evade mechanic.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I get he's supposed to be a strong character or whatever but this is way too much. I'm not sure if you re read this as you finished it up but there's a few issues, predominantly with his evade. You need to light intercept him to shut his evade down, but he auto evades every basic attack so there's no way to light intercept him unless you already have an evade counter at which point you wouldn't need to shut his evade down. There's also the issue that his evade chance on defense is 200% meaning slow wouldn't work against so the only possible way to counter it is things like ensnare, true strike, or abilities that prevent evade of which there are very very few options able to do this from the start of the fight. Mole Man is the only champion I can think of that would be able to even shut his evade down consistently from the start of the fight and he wouldn't even need to because he has permanent true strike.

There's also little things like his sp3 doing more damage to mutants based on how many prowess they have active when his whole kit is built around preventing them from getting it in the first place, and the fact that almost all of his debuffs and abilities have 3 or 4 effects when 1 would be enough. Does his heavy attack really need regen and power duration/ potency reduction, complete removal of crit resistance AND glance counter? Does his omega mode need insane energy resistance drop, energy damage and the ability to completely phase all mutant specials? Does his sp2 Aura need disintegration, power drain AND buff control? It's not about the individual abilities being too strong, even though some are, it's about editing his kit down so it's not just a connection of random pieces of utility.

Also as a little thing, I can see he's supposed to be an onslaught counter but there's better ways of making someone a counter than simply making them immune to 99% of their kit
  • BloodreaperBloodreaper Member Posts: 37
    Trash concept
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 287 ★★★

Squidopus said:

Man I just don’t think we need a fourth mutant built around countering techs, we really don’t need to kick that class while they’re down. I also think that requiring a light intercept on fight start and after every special to realistically achieve anything is maybe just a little dumb. At least Enchantress who also “requires” intercepts lets you do it with any attack and doesn’t outright stop you from hitting her until you do it. 200% evade until you light intercept is just too much, especially with the AI problems.

Going by the current Kabam trends, they're making hard defenders. Now what I tried to create here was a 4/5 attacker with a 4/5 defense as well. As for "while they're down" what exactly are you implying? The tech class has some greats, and we HAVE seen mutants kill Tech-type champions like Sentinels. Looking to it, I do not think that ignoring class disadvantage against a net total of 7 champions (Peni, Sentinel, Warlock, Hulkbuster, HTD, Nimrod and Ultron ) is "kicking a class". As for light intercepting, if for instance, you have a war boss photon, do you RISK medium intercepts that could be back drafted, considering the AI situation active currently, or would you attempt a light intercept, being safe in case your opponent does not, in fact, dash in, and you're safe with only a whiff? If you are really troubled by light intercepting after specials, use a Slow, Coldsnap or Power Drain champion. I don't see anyone complaining about Stealth Spidey's Evade mechanic.
    Well if you want me to go in harder against this than sure because this comment makes it pretty clear you don’t know what you’re doing with this design.

1: I’m not complaining just because he explicitly ignores class disadvantage against techs, I’m complaining because he ignores tech abilities. The attack bonus part couldn’t be less relevant. Being immune to special lock and power lock shuts down a lot of the tech class’s potential utilities, and shock resistance is an annoyance for quite a lot of techs as well. Shuri, Idoom, Psycho-man, and Guardian are just some of the techs that have their kit gutted against Mr. M even if he doesn’t actually “ignore class disadvantage”. Offensively, asphyxiation preventing glancing and crit resistance alongside the disintegration field removing valuable armor up buffs curtails a number of tech defenders like Fantman, Red skull, OG Iron man, and Idoom.

2: Regardless of whether it makes sense lore-wise (spoiler alert: it always makes sense lore-wise because the class divisions are arbitrary Kabam things, doesn’t mean Hulk should beat every skill champ like lore obviously implies) the tech class is very much is the weak class compared to the others. I’m surprised this is up for debate. Besides a few exceptions, a lot of techs are mostly mutant killers with little else to offer besides that and Kabam keeps seeing fit to make mutants that challenge techs because Nimrod was a bit too good. We don’t need to feed that more. Not to mention that you went so hard on beating mutants with this guy that Mr. M would probably be taking the place of Nimrod and other techs on most teams anyways.

3: You evidently don’t realize the strength of the evade ability you gave this guy. 200% evade means it ignores most AAR effects, including slow (despite your odd suggestion that that would be an effective counter) and any decelerate less powerful than Sandman’s (so all of them). As is it’s genuinely kinda a better version of Bullseye’s killer instinct. I don’t know how you can possibly say with a straight face that this guy being untouchable until you light intercept him with less evade counters than usual is at all comparable to Stealth Spidey who is literally just “trigger the evade once (easy) and it goes on cooldown and you can safely do whatever for the next 25 seconds or until the next sp1”. Given the state of the AI where it can absolutely play hardball, I don’t want to be unable to do anything until the AI lets me do a rather specific thing compared to Bullseye who is at least the rather simple “wait a few seconds” (Bullseye would be much worse if he turtled with his sp1, but from my experience he’s very eager to let that loose). You’re also creating the same problem Bullseye has where any power gain node is gonna make him very uncomfortable to fight.

4: Circling back to point 2, Kabam has made real clear that they sorta regret making Nimrod as good a class destroyer as he was, even if he’s more middling everywhere else. Mr. M is kinda Nimrod+. Seriously, letting him basically ignore all mutant special attacks while in omega state and inflict up to -150% AAR is a bit much. This feels pretty out of line with what Kabam would want a champ kit to do these days. They didn’t put wounded animal on the Toad SOS fight in order to shut out Nimrod just so that they can release another all-encompassing mutant breaker that will require similarly targeted nodes to block. He needs some sorta flaw in his kit, because right now the only Mutant he seems questionable against is Domino (maybe Havok but the AAR and power drain might take care of that).
    @WednesdayLength, @Squidopus, thank you for your insights. Working on corrections.