New to the game - help

Hey - fairly new to the game. Been playing about 2 weeks and I’m getting to grips with it. I’m level 34 and just reached conqueror. I had a couple of questions I hoped you guys could help answer!

Deathless she hulk, I have 2 pieces out of 5…how do I get the rest? Google just says complete other in game activities, but which ones?

6/7 star heroes…. I have 5-10 5 stars but obviously wanting to progress, how/when will I start getting higher rated heroes? I’m slowly building up 6* shards through alliance wars but as it stands it looks like it might take me 3/4months!

Any other tips you think might be helpful would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• SkalamenkoSkalamenko Member Posts: 104
    Welcome to the game 💪
    First, deathless champs are for endgame players, and in my opinion dont worry about them for the foreseeable future.
    Second, 6/7 * heroes you will get just by playing and progresing throughout the story, and also later when you unlock battleground, you eill be able to get some good rewards just by playing.
    My advice, focus on story, if you stuck somewhere ask, or watch YouTube guides, there's literally for every quest of act1-9.
    Another important advice, it depends if you are ftp or spending plsyer, but units are really important and there will be some pretty good deals to get after act6.1 and sequential chapters, which will give you resoruces to progress even more.
    It all depends on how skillful you are, and how you can adapt to the game.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Hope you have fun in here.
  • England73738England73738 Member Posts: 6
    That’s really helpful - thanks. Would you recommend 100% act 4 before starting on act 5? The level 5s I have aren’t really high ranks. My main heroes atm are a maxed 4* awakened nick fury, then a rank 2 5* lady deathstrike and a rank 2 5* tigra, I also have a rank 4 4* awakened Galan, and they kinda drop off after them. Didn’t know if that’s strong enough for act 5 or not
    The thing is, you started the game when there is mostly no big event going on, which gives free rewards to low tier players at the moment.
    But that shouldn't discourage you.
    You can try act5 if you feel it is difficult then go back to 100% act4, where you will get materials for rank up.
    The big jump in difficulty is from act6, act5 is not that harder from act4, except some bosses.
    But right now is probably one if the best times to start grinding units, since the cyber weekend and banquet are coming, and you will be able tk get som juicy stuff if you save up as much as possible, and be in an active alliance.
    See if you can get to uncollected asap, since ng anniversary event is starting soon, and there will be milestone rewards for all players regardles of progression.
    You will just need to play, and try to win as muxh as possible lol🤣
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 863 ★★★
    #1. No matter what everyone tells you, you don’t need 7*s till tb. (DONT TAKE GLOBALS ADVICE!!)
    #2. The more you progress the better champs you get.
    #3. Good luck
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,913 ★★★★★

That’s really helpful - thanks. Would you recommend 100% act 4 before starting on act 5? The level 5s I have aren’t really high ranks. My main heroes atm are a maxed 4* awakened nick fury, then a rank 2 5* lady deathstrike and a rank 2 5* tigra, I also have a rank 4 4* awakened Galan, and they kinda drop off after them. Didn’t know if that’s strong enough for act 5 or not

You will at least eventually want to 100% Act 4 because it has extra mastery points.
    Best way to consider Act clearing would be to continue to push forward until you get caught somewhere, then circle back and work on exploration while you wait to beef up your roster a bit more. Title progression should be the highest priority because it opens up so much more for you.
    When Act 4 was reworked last year, the mastery points were moved from exploration to completion.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited September 29

Hey - fairly new to the game. Been playing about 2 weeks and I’m getting to grips with it. I’m level 34 and just reached conqueror. I had a couple of questions I hoped you guys could help answer!

Deathless she hulk, I have 2 pieces out of 5…how do I get the rest? Google just says complete other in game activities, but which ones?

6/7 star heroes…. I have 5-10 5 stars but obviously wanting to progress, how/when will I start getting higher rated heroes? I’m slowly building up 6* shards through alliance wars but as it stands it looks like it might take me 3/4months!

Any other tips you think might be helpful would be great! Thanks!

Welcome to the family! Understand that this is a progression based game. Sometimes that progression takes MONTHS AND YEARS. And during this time, you should take your time, be patient, and develop your skills and roster, and understanding of the game. The higher level content is no joke. You're conquerer..you don't need to worry about 6 and 7*'s right now, especially not 7*'s. Focus on strengthening the champs you have since some content for your level is going to require lower star champs in order to complete it.

To put things into perspective, 7*'s were just introduced last year. This was after MANY of us had acquired a TON of 6*'s, and had them at max rank..which is rank 5. That takes time.

And like others have said, stay out of global chat. It is toxic trash. Any info or help you may need can be gotten here or from your alliance.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    edited September 30
    Don’t worry about the Deathless, focus on completing earlier content first. Act 5 isn’t too difficult except for some of the bosses (mainly Collector and Ultron), the real difficulty spike is act 6
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian

My general advice on progressing through content is for most players playing at a normal pace, you should aim for completion first and move upward as high as you comfortably can. If you can do the next map and it seems not to bad, do it. When you run into something actually hard, such that you don’t think you can progress without spending, don’t spend. Instead go back and start exploring the stuff you completed while you wait for your roster to get stronger and your skills to get better.

Higher, then wider is the best play most of the time. Don’t ask the forums *if* you should do it, try it first. Ask the forums *how* you should do it when you get stuck. Sometimes the correct answer might be “you’re not ready” but none of us knows how well you play or what content you can beat.

The flip side is: know when to walk away. Unless your name is MSD, you’re eventually going to run into content you can’t beat. Don’t presume you’re supposed to spend a ton to beat it. You might just not have a strong enough roster relative to your skill level to beat that content. Getting better at the game or getting a stronger roster or both will eventually get you passed that content. Spending to get past content is counterproductive, because the next piece of content is bound to be harder. If you have to spend to get past something, you might have to spend even more for the next thing, and then the next thing. It’s not like the game gets easier.

Every rule has an exception, but you’re at the point in the game where you don’t need to worry about those exceptions. For example, if you are stuck trying to get past a progression-significant piece of content, like the Collector fight in Act 5.2, and doing it gets you to the next level of the game, then spending might make sense, because you’re going to spend on that, but then go back to playing normally after.

This is a very deep, very wide game at this point. There’s lots of stuff to do, lots of game modes to play in, and lots of ways to play the game. Find the pace you like, and never feel like you have to do more than what you want to do. The game has been going along for ten years now. It will be waiting for you when you get here.
    Thanks everyone - This is all really great stuff, appreciate the time you've all taken and for the great advice!
  • IronAvengerIronAvenger Member Posts: 377 ★★
    Hi @England73738 :) Most of the above is great advice, especially the replies from @DNA3000 and @Terminatrix

Also, my alt account is also Conqueror, Lvl 41. Would you be able to give me your alliances tag or name. I'm looking for a more active, lower level alliance for my alt account. Thanks.
    Couple more questions, sorry. How do I prioritise who to power up? Is there a guide to say for story progression who the best heroes from each class are? For example, I have 2 rank 5 tech champions who I think are both good, I feel like I will only need 1 powering up, so do I go with Lady Deathstrike (who I think is great), or do I go Warlock who from what i've read is apparently superior?

Second question, Who do I choose at the end of my calendar? Korg, Thing or Colossus? I have neither.
  • The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Member Posts: 237 ★★
    You should choose Colossus. He is more of an attacker, while Korg and Thing are better defenders, which you don't need that much as a Conqueror.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★

Couple more questions, sorry. How do I prioritise who to power up? Is there a guide to say for story progression who the best heroes from each class are? For example, I have 2 rank 5 tech champions who I think are both good, I feel like I will only need 1 powering up, so do I go with Lady Deathstrike (who I think is great), or do I go Warlock who from what i've read is apparently superior?

Second question, Who do I choose at the end of my calendar? Korg, Thing or Colossus? I have neither.

Best advice is rank up who you enjoy playing. If you prefer Lady Deathstrike, rank her up. While Warlock is better, she is really solid.
    Where you are in content right now, champs you are comfortable using are going to do the most for you. Once you get to Act 6 you will need to be a little more selective with your rank ups to focus on diversity.
    Anytime you need help with who is a good choice for rank up and who isn't, you can post screenshots of your rosters and we can (hopefully) point you in some good directions.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★

You should choose Colossus. He is more of an attacker, while Korg and Thing are better defenders, which you don't need that much as a Conqueror.

A.K.A Cooklossus
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,317 ★★★★
    edited September 30
    Wth why is everyone being so nice and helpful
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,425 ★★★★★

Because their name is not JLordVileJ 😏
    edited September 30
    Graves_3 said:

Because their name is not JLordVileJ 😏
    Nah you misundertand me. I'm happy they are being nice, I'm just shocked. I mean there is not even one disagree on original post
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,944 ★★★★★
    edited September 30

There are two different types of new people coming to the forums.
    The first comes, complains about a bunch of nonsense, accuses the game of being too hard, makes excuses for why things aren't working, etc.
    The second is players asking for legitimate help because they're learning.

There's no reason not to be kind to second one.

There are two different types of new people coming to the forums.
    The first comes, complains about a bunch of nonsense, accuses the game of being too hard, makes excuses for why things aren't working, etc.
    The second is players asking for legitimate help because they're learning.

There's no reason not to be kind to second one.
    Fairs. I'm happy to see this nice side of forums
    edited September 30

My boy Colossus. The others you really only need for defense in AW, or Battlegrounds...which you're not doing yet. Colossus is a solid attacker for questing, has multiple immunities, an umblockable Sp 2, and is easy to use. Just parry, and spam heavy. Once you reach special 2, parry and then do just the first hit of his heavy to get his fury buff, then immediately use your special 2. That plus his fury can get some monster hits.
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 442 ★★★

My boy Colossus. The others you really only need for defense in AW, or Battlegrounds...which you're not doing yet. Colossus is a solid attacker for questing, has multiple immunities, an umblockable Sp 2, and is easy to use. Just parry, and spam heavy. Once you reach special 2, parry and then do just the first hit of his heavy to get his fury buff, then immediately use your special 2. That plus his fury can get some monster hits.
    To add to this, once you reach GM, Colossus is one of the best counters. If I didn’t have a r2 unduped Thing I’d definitely be taking Colossus.

Jinx
    You guys are awesome, really helpful, thanks! I thought I was going to be in for some good rewards from the AW season ending but when I’ve looked you had to take part in 5 AWs in the season…. I’ve participated in 4 😫👎 oh well, always next time!

You guys are awesome, really helpful, thanks! I thought I was going to be in for some good rewards from the AW season ending but when I’ve looked you had to take part in 5 AWs in the season…. I’ve participated in 4 😫👎 oh well, always next time!

A lot of us had to learn that the hard way lol. But yeah you got it next time