Kabam, please explain: Nefaria >>> Shafra

WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 500 ★★★
Can we maybe have an explanation as to why the SUMMONER CHOICE WINNER is a mid tier champ and yet the random champ released the same month is leagues beyond her?

She literally has zero immunities, damage is mid, power control practically doesn't exist and she can't even counter the biggest Comsic threat in the game, Serpent.

But the champ released in the same month who most people don't know has literally everything; immunity, huge resistances across the board, damage, power control, regen control.

How does this make sense? I'm not saying summoner choice champs should be Herc level but at the very least be the better of the two champs released in the month 🤣

May as well scrap the summoner choice if they going to continue being underwhelming, why gey people excited for such a crapfest?

Comments

• WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    Bendy said:

She does counter serpent she has the highest atrophy can power control him

I've seen people fight him with Shafra and he still gets to sp3 often... Chavez works better for his lower gain and even Nefaria power controls him (granted its restricted thanks to Kabam making him OP) but 50% passive power reduction isn't far off what Shafra does
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,935 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Shatras damage is not mid, you literally can spam back to back sp2's, which TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO TIME TO ACQUIRE.
    Shathra is a very good mystic champion, has atrophy, works very well against serpent can take alot of cosmic defenders and is NON RELIANT on buffs so is very versatile
    I know y'all complain about everything but at some point y'all need to be serious for once.
    Kabam did a VERY GOOD JOB with her.

Shes also better than glad when he dropped so they really did do a good job on her
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    No one is immune to eggs or wasps. And her preflight for spider champs is killer. She makes ham even more of a beast. I have zero issues with her other than I don’t have her duped yet.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

No one is immune to eggs or wasps. And her preflight for spider champs is killer. She makes ham even more of a beast. I have zero issues with her other than I don’t have her duped yet.

May I ask how it makes Ham (or other spider champs) killer? Because it just looks like poison immunity and unblockable specials, which don't particularly seem like things that synergize much with Spider champion playstyles. In contrast, Galan's Herald gets unblockable specials plus the unblockable lasts beyond that, which synergizes with Cosmic Buff heavy playstyles.

As to OP - until a bunch of players get Nefaria and Shathra into their hands and do extensive testing, no one can convincingly argue that Nefaria >>> Shathra. Nefaria might seem to have a huge list of abilities compared to Shathra, but that doesn't mean that he is better.

And, you are mistaking what the purpose of the Community choice vote is. It is not to vote on who will be an amazing champion because they are the vote winner; it is to vote on who will appear in the game sooner rather than later.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,935 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Vance2_jr said:

May I ask how it makes Ham (or other spider champs) killer? Because it just looks like poison immunity and unblockable specials, which don't particularly seem like things that synergize much with Spider champion playstyles. In contrast, Galan's Herald gets unblockable specials plus the unblockable lasts beyond that, which synergizes with Cosmic Buff heavy playstyles.

As to OP - until a bunch of players get Nefaria and Shathra into their hands and do extensive testing, no one can convincingly argue that Nefaria >>> Shathra. Nefaria might seem to have a huge list of abilities compared to Shathra, but that doesn't mean that he is better.

And, you are mistaking what the purpose of the Community choice vote is. It is not to vote on who will be an amazing champion because they are the vote winner; it is to vote on who will appear in the game sooner rather than later.
    The synergy for ham lets taunt last longer and sp2 pauses the reset timer but basically can stack more on
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 156

Summoners choice doesn't mean broken, curb your herc expectations

Good one, but I agree with you.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,344 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I don’t understand the Shathra hate. She has some cool stuff, she’s not mid at least like a lot of other champs this year

People are expecting another Hercules
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    I understand that Shathras value may increase like others have; but Nefarias abilities, immunities and damage potential is much higher off the bat.

Historically, champions like Shathra don't get as much attention as champions like Nefaria and end up falling into the category of 'unique' rank up.

She is great for very unique match ups, but those matchups can be done by other champs and a champ that can do some fights very well doesn't have same value as a champ that can do most fights well, aswell as unique fights very well.

And I understand the expectation of some players that all summoner choice champs should be Herc level, I specifically said the opposite just most of yall didn't read that I guess? Personally, I would expect summoner choice champs to be the best or at least in contention for best champ of the year and, from a lackluster year of releases, she is outshined by Nefaria (released same month) and massively outshined by Serpent.

Maybe 'mid' is bad terminology but is she top tier? Would you rank her over Tigra as a 6*, absman 6*? Kushala? Or even over Nefaria??!

Realistically, Nefaria is designed to be better and more valuable than Shathra because he was a buyable champ and not $30 buyable, hundreds of dollars he HAD to be better, even best champ of year otherwise nobody would participate in the next sale they release for a new champ. Shathra was doomed to be the lesser champ since that choice was made... if she took Nefarias place as a sale item, this thread wouldn't exist I guarantee
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 103
    edited October 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVgDMNEoN4

mid champ fr. please never use her

edit: i dont think people appreciate how strong buff duration reduction is. I have maintained the perspective that if mojo started in bgs with 3 or 4 charges hed be one of the most used champs. shes been out for less than 2 weeks, hasnt even had a chance to be used extensively in bgs, or war properly but already people are making these wild assumptions. again, buff duration reduction is so extremely useful and given how few champs have it currently (mojo, kindred, and shathra) anyone that has buffs that arent permanent, and nodes with buffs every couple seconds eg (arc overload, zero to hero), are affected.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Summoner choice or not they are always subject to review... Gladiator was trash at release
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    Is this satire? Half the things listed are just true statements with the word “not” inserted somewhere. Her damage is far from mid, she is a serpent counter, and she nukes maestro, making her a relevant counter to the two toughest cosmic defenders in the game. Idk how that’s not good enough.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,421 ★★★★★

May as well scrap the summoner choice if they going to continue being underwhelming, why gey people excited for such a crapfest?

“gey people”?

I hope that’s some odd typo and not what I think.

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,071 ★★★★
    Shahtra is a better champ than Gladiator
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Member Posts: 126

“gey people”?

I hope that’s some odd typo and not what I think.

Likely meant ‘get’
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian

Realistically, Nefaria is designed to be better and more valuable than Shathra because he was a buyable champ and not $30 buyable, hundreds of dollars he HAD to be better, even best champ of year otherwise nobody would participate in the next sale they release for a new champ. Shathra was doomed to be the lesser champ since that choice was made... if she took Nefarias place as a sale item, this thread wouldn't exist I guarantee

I wish there was some way to actually take these bets. Because then I wouldn't be reading the forums, I would be owning the forums. And the game, and the studio, and the publisher, and most of South Korea by now.

No I'm not kidding, not even a little bit.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Voting something and not performing as expected.... If only happened in MCoC...
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Bendy said:

She does counter serpent she has the highest atrophy can power control him

She doesn't have the best atrophy, that's kindred