How to get a free titan crystal in the BG event & why it can't be done.

StatureStature Member Posts: 461 ★★★
TL;DR;
1. Play all matches with elder marks
2. Win around 50% matches, not much more, not much less.

Cost: Zero, if there is enough participation.

Effort: Play a 100 matches with elder marks over 28 days, win 50 of them.

Who can do this: Anyone currently in gold or above in VT. People in diamond will get to GC.

How:
1. Play all games with elder marks
2. Play normally till you win rate is above 50%
3. If you have won more than half your games, start the next match and take a 10 min break.
4. Go for a walk, make a cup of coffee, talk to you mom/partner/kids/friend, read a book, watch a show, whatever makes you happy.
5. Play 3-4 matches a day - 25-30 min time commitment.

What do we get in return:
Assuming enough participation, if we can get to 1B points
1. 1 Titan crystal
2. 1 7-star crystal
3. 1 T4 Alpha
4. 2 T6 CC
5. 90K+ BG tokens
6. 7-star sig stones
7. 6-star shards and stones
8. You got to do something nice outside the game.

Why this can work:
1. Cost of playing a 100 matches with elder marks is 9,000 elder marks. Winning 50% of them gives you 4,550 points. There are also 50 points every two days for winning a BG match (700 over 28 days). Total of 5,250 points.
2. There are 6,000 elder marks in milestones for anyone putting up more than 3,500 points. There are 3,000 elder marks in VT for anyone getting to Diamond 1. 9,000 marks in all, which covers the cost of playing these 100 matches. No units spend required.
3. Diamond 5 to GC requires 49 medals. Current scoring system gives you 2 medals for a win and takes away a medal for a loss. At 50% win rate we get 1 medal for every two games. 50 medals over 100 games gets anyone from diamond to GC.
4. 3-4 games a day isn't a huge ask.

Why this won't work:
1. Requires 190K players to do this. While more than that many players play BG, everyone needs to play more or less the same way to get there. Practically impossible.
2. Requires high win rate players to drop pass on some of the wins to lower progression players. But unlike traditional point farmers, this would need to be done with elder marks, which is considered a premium resource. I doubt the 30-50K of the strongest accounts will consider playing at a higher loss rate.

Caveat: I'm not advocating tanking matches. If most people play normally and get to their appropriate competition level, win rates should stabilize at ~50%. This probably just needs a heavy lift in the beginning where everyone plays so that the tiers are sorted out sooner than in a traditional season. Practically, this just needs people who can get to GC to get there at the earliest.

The playstyle is counterintuitive to the traditional seasons where players tactically optimize their playtime to allow for waves of players to progress. Or farm points in lower tiers making the push to GC towards the end of the season. In most seasons one is trying to get to as high a win rate as possible. In this season winning or losing does not matter, the point gains will be from matches played. If majority of the BG players play with this mentality we will hit the higher milestones easily. There are enough elder marks in the event to get there.

The key is to reduce the number of imbalanced matches, which requires progressing fast and not being disheartened by the losses when you are at your appropriate competition level. Spreading out the wins is the only way to keep 200K players engaged. Anyone trying to maximize their own points by distorting competition is not really helping even if they put up a massive individual score. Your absolute point total doesn't matter, the number of matches you play this season does.

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 1,181 ★★★
    Alr, sounds easy enough. Thanks for doing the maths
  • TeddersTedders Member Posts: 141 ★★
    After the first 2 days we are just under 60 million that would be 840 million over the course of the event if we keep the same pace,

I doubt we can keep that pace up though, if we hit 800 million id be surprised
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
    edited October 4
    My only fear is what if i get sable and a sable dupe. I m currently at 2k points with no elder marks left.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    To be fair, if people just played BG from day 1, get into GC at an appropriate time and then continued to play in GC we would be fine and that's what Kabam want.

In my experience, from forums chats etc, a LOT of people don't push; it seems most will play every other day slowly moving though VT into GC.

Other's will push VT, get into GC and stop playing.

Realistically, I understand both; VT offers instant rewards very frequently and there's no rush to get into GC if there's no intention to finish higher than Gamma or Arcane. On top of this, pushing higher in GC isn't worth the push for a lot of people.

Uru 2 is top 8500 in GC, this event is needing what 190k in GC? So around 95% of players will get minimum rewards and once the GC is hit the immediate rewards don't exist, each match offers nothing and whether you do 10 or 1000 matches at a 45% win rate you'll end with zero points and get the same rewards as someone who did one fight in GC.

With Solo event being removed, it's just try and get top 50,000 to get a small ammoutn more shards than everyone else from rank
  • Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    I didn’t read all that either but, Go Team!
    Tedders said:

After the first 2 days we are just under 60 million that would be 840 million over the course of the event if we keep the same pace,

To be fair, might be wrong, but I think a lot of people are saving their elders marks for GC?

I am, I'll burn through the 6k or so I have already and the rest from finishing VT and Realm... VT points are low compared to GC
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,867 ★★★★★
    Its not happening.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 410 ★★
    Stature said:

TL;DR;
    1. Play all matches with elder marks
    2. Win around 50% matches, not much more, not much less.

Cost: Zero, if there is enough participation.

Effort: Play a 100 matches with elder marks over 28 days, win 50 of them.

Who can do this: Anyone currently in gold or above in VT. People in diamond will get to GC.

How:
    1. Play all games with elder marks
    2. Play normally till you win rate is above 50%
    3. If you have won more than half your games, start the next match and take a 10 min break.
    4. Go for a walk, make a cup of coffee, talk to you mom/partner/kids/friend, read a book, watch a show, whatever makes you happy.
    5. Play 3-4 matches a day - 25-30 min time commitment.

What do we get in return:
    Assuming enough participation, if we can get to 1B points
    1. 1 Titan crystal
    2. 1 7-star crystal
    3. 1 T4 Alpha
    4. 2 T6 CC
    5. 90K+ BG tokens
    6. 7-star sig stones
    7. 6-star shards and stones
    8. You got to do something nice outside the game.

Why this can work:
    1. Cost of playing a 100 matches with elder marks is 9,000 elder marks. Winning 50% of them gives you 4,550 points. There are also 50 points every two days for winning a BG match (700 over 28 days). Total of 5,250 points.
    2. There are 6,000 elder marks in milestones for anyone putting up more than 3,500 points. There are 3,000 elder marks in VT for anyone getting to Diamond 1. 9,000 marks in all, which covers the cost of playing these 100 matches. No units spend required.
    3. Diamond 5 to GC requires 49 medals. Current scoring system gives you 2 medals for a win and takes away a medal for a loss. At 50% win rate we get 1 medal for every two games. 50 medals over 100 games gets anyone from diamond to GC.
    4. 3-4 games a day isn't a huge ask.

Why this won't work:
    1. Requires 190K players to do this. While more than that many players play BG, everyone needs to play more or less the same way to get there. Practically impossible.
    2. Requires high win rate players to drop pass on some of the wins to lower progression players. But unlike traditional point farmers, this would need to be done with elder marks, which is considered a premium resource. I doubt the 30-50K of the strongest accounts will consider playing at a higher loss rate.

Caveat: I'm not advocating tanking matches. If most people play normally and get to their appropriate competition level, win rates should stabilize at ~50%. This probably just needs a heavy lift in the beginning where everyone plays so that the tiers are sorted out sooner than in a traditional season. Practically, this just needs people who can get to GC to get there at the earliest.

The playstyle is counterintuitive to the traditional seasons where players tactically optimize their playtime to allow for waves of players to progress. Or farm points in lower tiers making the push to GC towards the end of the season. In most seasons one is trying to get to as high a win rate as possible. In this season winning or losing does not matter, the point gains will be from matches played. If majority of the BG players play with this mentality we will hit the higher milestones easily. There are enough elder marks in the event to get there.

The key is to reduce the number of imbalanced matches, which requires progressing fast and not being disheartened by the losses when you are at your appropriate competition level. Spreading out the wins is the only way to keep 200K players engaged. Anyone trying to maximize their own points by distorting competition is not really helping even if they put up a massive individual score. Your absolute point total doesn't matter, the number of matches you play this season does.

Don’t forget that elders mark is included in some of the milestone rewards so it’s almost like a “buy 2 get 1 free”. I don’t have enough for 100 matches rn but if I get to each milestone I will as I progress and claim
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 410 ★★
    Tedders said:

You have people like me that are starting out easy and just doing the daily challenge to get the banquet ticket at first to let the whales get up into GC. Then I can spend all my elders marks and get wins that I should be getting instead of going against legends every match
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
    I believe in us
  • arifin74arifin74 Member Posts: 219 ★★
    They could have locked the Titan rewards behind GC and added another chase reward, like a regular 7-star champion at 4k or 3.5k points. Players like me, who don’t participate in GC, would have something to aim for.
    Stature said:

To be fair, if people just played BG from day 1, get into GC at an appropriate time and then continued to play in GC we would be fine and that's what Kabam want.

In my experience, from forums chats etc, a LOT of people don't push; it seems most will play every other day slowly moving though VT into GC.

Other's will push VT, get into GC and stop playing.

Realistically, I understand both; VT offers instant rewards very frequently and there's no rush to get into GC if there's no intention to finish higher than Gamma or Arcane. On top of this, pushing higher in GC isn't worth the push for a lot of people.

Uru 2 is top 8500 in GC, this event is needing what 190k in GC? So around 95% of players will get minimum rewards and once the GC is hit the immediate rewards don't exist, each match offers nothing and whether you do 10 or 1000 matches at a 45% win rate you'll end with zero points and get the same rewards as someone who did one fight in GC.

With Solo event being removed, it's just try and get top 50,000 to get a small ammoutn more shards than everyone else from rank

This event doesn't need 190K players in GC. It needs 190K players to play 100 matches each. VT is good. GC will make it easier, reducing the number of matches needed.
    Ah thought OP was saying 100 fights was including some in GC, think 50% win rate would only take 50 or so to get through VT right? Then other 50 in GC at higher points per fight
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 470 ★★★
    Tedders said:

You have to remember, a fair amount of people wait a week or so to start doing anything in BGs. At the very start of the season, all the whale accounts are in Diamond and up, so they give some time for those accounts to filter out.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if next week we started speeding up our progression a bit.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,386 ★★★★★
    Just keep winning BG matches
    We will reach 1 billion ✅
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Member Posts: 639 ★★★

Tedders said:

You have people like me that are starting out easy and just doing the daily challenge to get the banquet ticket at first to let the whales get up into GC. Then I can spend all my elders marks and get wins that I should be getting instead of going against legends every match
    Yeah fighting legends at Gold 3 when I’m a 2mil account is balls
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 553 ★★★
    My winrate is 25% so every 4 match I lose 3 & those 3 are eldermarks.
    So it's not that straight forward.if u keep loosing it's frustrating to play and less chance u want to lose again every day