**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 4. Way too long??

OzeditheboiOzeditheboi Posts: 20
edited January 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I’ve been playing the game for a while now, and the length of act 4 is quite frankly ridiculous. I am able to clear parts of act 5, I’m almost uncollected and I still haven’t been able to 100% act 4. Why? Because it is ridiculously long. Clearly just a money grab at units and to be honest it’s disgusting. It’s not about skill but energy. Really?? Energy?? Common kabam. At least 2 routes should be taken off each sub-chapter in act 4.4 at least. Sort it out Mike.

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't be too fair towards people who already cleared act4 100%, to make it shorter now, would it?
    when some people took advantage of an event quest bug they were left with their rewards as long as they didn’t do it “hundreds of times”, and that wasn’t particularly fair either. I’m not saying decrease the whole of act 4, but at least a couple of routes in the last bit. This long-ness was done due to act 4 being the final chapter which it isn’t anymore, and hasn’t been for a while.

• Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Wouldn't be too fair towards people who already cleared act4 100%, to make it shorter now, would it?

What does it matter if they’ve beat it already. Once upon a time act 4 was decently hard before when it had slashed tires & hard nodes(and had to play with r4 4*’s). But after 12.0 they made it extremely easy & I agree they should make them 1 energy per tile at least
  • Options

What does it matter if they’ve beat it already. Once upon a time act 4 was decently hard before when it had slashed tires & hard nodes(and had to play with r4 4*’s). But after 12.0 they made it extremely easy & I agree they should make them 1 energy per tile at least

1 energy per tile does make sense also, good suggestion
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★

1 energy per tile would make act 4 shorter than act 3, lol. 2 energy per tile would be more decent.
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    DLegend wrote: »

1 energy per tile would make act 4 shorter than act 3, lol. 2 energy per tile would be more decent.

Well they would have to make Act 3 1 tile too. Can’t have the previous chapter shorter lol
  • Options
    To shed a little bit of additional context, the total required energy for 100% ACT 4=14,900, over 200 refills over 6000 units 100% ACT 5.1 + 5.2= 461. Assuming act 5 is increasing by a set number each chapter (too lazy to count), the full act costs 10,194.. even if another chapter was added to act 5 it still wouldn’t be as long as act 4
  • Options
    To shed a little bit of additional context, the total required energy for 100% ACT 4=14,900, over 200 refills over 6000 units 100% ACT 5.1 + 5.2= 461. Assuming act 5 is increasing by a set number each chapter (too lazy to count), the full act costs 10,194.. even if another chapter was added to act 5 it still wouldn’t be as long as act 4

4611*
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Like you said, it is easier now with all new champions avaiable and 4.3.3 jugger nerfed. So how exactly is it argument to make it even easier and reduce energy cost?
    The main reward (mastery point) remains just as relevant as it was x time ago, and I dont want people to aquire it for less energy than I had to drop.

• Options
    Like you said, it is easier now with all new champions avaiable and 4.3.3 jugger nerfed. So how exactly is it argument to make it even easier and reduce energy cost?
    The main reward (mastery point) remains just as relevant as it was x time ago, and I dont want people to aquire it for less energy than I had to drop.

Regardless as stated above, act 5 is significantly shorter than act 4 which just does not make any logical sense

• Options

Also reducing the energy cost does not make the difficulty any easier. Right now the extra time spent is literally pointless, if you’re gonna struggle or not is independent of the energy charged
  • Options
    Maybe following some strange logic that every act should be longer than previous one.
    Every act is meant to be unique, and unique thing about act4 is that it's long.
  • Options
    Maybe following some strange logic that every act should be longer than previous one.

Lol at strange logic act 1<act 2<act 3<act 4

In event quests act 1<act 2<act 3

Act 4>Act 5 is the only thing in the game that doesn’t follow that

But “strange logic” LOOL

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Yes, it is some strange logic to expect that act4 is supposed to cost less energy than act5, just because act 3 costs less than act 4, and act 2 costs less than act 3. It is designed the way it is designed and people have already dropped x energy at it and spent x amount of time to aquire these mastery points and now you expect to aquire the same reward paying less energy and sparing less time. Stop being riddiculous
  • Options
    Yes, it is some strange logic to expect that act4 is supposed to cost less energy than act5, just because act 3 costs less than act 4, and act 2 costs less than act 3. It is designed the way it is designed and people have already dropped x energy at it and spent x amount of time to aquire these mastery points and now you expect to aquire the same reward paying less energy and sparing less time. Stop being riddiculous

Are you actually reading what you’re writing 😂 “just because there’s a pattern every where in the game it’s strange logic to expect that the pattern continues” God only knows where you went to school pal
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158

But “strange logic” LOOL

Please dont hope for a solution to that.
    Beside reduce energy for act 4

They can increase energt usage for act 5.
    So that your logic is reasonable

• Options
    Arus25 wrote: »

But “strange logic” LOOL

Please dont hope for a solution to that.
    Beside reduce energy for act 4

They can increase energt usage for act 5.
    So that your logic is reasonable

I doubt they’d do that because even they have said act 4 is really really long, making something even worse would definitely cause an uproar
  • Options
    VenturaVentura Posts: 35

I would disagree with this. Yes, the rewards are still extremely good, but their availability has increased so much now. The total energy requirement should definitely come down.

It is the same argument when it comes to champions. I spent so much time in this game before I got my first 4 star. Players playing longer than me had to struggle even more to get their 4 star champions, but now there are level 20 players with 5 star champs.

I doubt they will make this change though.
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    I think if the energy requirement/paths drops so should the rewards.

Lets think, maybe take the mastery points out from it and have each tile cost 2 energy 🤔

I know this isn’t constructive feed back, but kabam always gives with one hand and takes with the other. So I was thinking like Kabam.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Absolutely not. You should look at the benefits of the length of Act 4:
    1. More ISOs
    2. More gold
    3. More practice
    4. More stuff to do

Can't have your cake and eat it too. This is a game of progression, not a game you rush your way through. Took me 9 months to slowly chew away Act 4.
  • Options
    raffster wrote: »
    Absolutely not. You should look at the benefits of the length of Act 4:
    1. More ISOs
    2. More gold
    3. More practice
    4. More stuff to do

Can't have your cake and eat it too. This is a game of progression, not a game you rush your way through. Took me 9 months to slowly chew away Act 4.

More stuff to do. Oh **** you’re a genius. More practice.. how much practice do you need lmao.
    more gold? Hardly. more isos? Somewhat, could easily get them elsewhere. Several people who’ve finished act 4 agree with it, it’s mostly the bitter ones who don’t wanna see the game progress
    1 month isn’t rushing. Hell neither is 2,3 or 4. But a whole pregnancy cycle? Lmao
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★

So? It's not like there is no way to get energy refill or units in the game.
  • Options
    BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82
    Act 4 has the best rewards in game based on difficulty. The trade off is it is kind of a grind.
    I really don't see the problem with that. Long , easy and cheap vs. short, difficult, and very expensive.

Act 4 still provides the best rewards per $ spent to complete it. You get 4 t2a for virtually nothing $pent.
  • Options
    ccriderccrider Posts: 17
    I can do 1 path in act 4 for a few energy refills or spend a ton more in act 5 for pot's & refills. Seems like a no brainer for me. And like said above rewards are good for the price.
  • Options
    Morgan1019Morgan1019 Posts: 1
    Why y’all crying either complete it or dont