**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Spider-Man or Archangel

So who is going to be harder to obtain?
4* Archangel or 4* Spider-Man SE?
I want to obtain one of these but due to my limited hours, i need to know where my time will be best spent for a higher chance.

Im just looking at the easier of the two to obtain from arenas this week.

Comments

• theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    AA will definitely be lower.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

AA is the featured, he will not be lower
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Better be ready for 6M for Spidey and about 2.5x that for AA. Featured champs are not lower.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Wsm10 wrote: »
    Why are the featured ones higher? I ask because I'm still new to arena and am trying to understand better for down the line, when I actually have a roster worth trying for these highly sought-after guys. I was for sure Spidey would be higher. Of course, this isn't the first time I would be wrong about something like this. Good luck to all those going for either.

People use 4-5* champs in the Featured, vs 3-4*'s in Basic, so they score more points.

Keep in mind that if your account is less than a month old, you're in Beginner bracket for Arenas. If you're 1-2 months, you're in Intermediate bracket. The cutoffs are much lower in those brackets. The cutoff for the Basic hero was usually 600-800k for beginner and 1.2-1.5 mil for Intermediate when I was in them
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

This is just bad information...

#FakeNews
  • Featured ones are higher because you can use the 5* champs, for example I can do 6m in 3 days only using my higher 4* champs without much effort, but if I can use my 5* stars it sums ~4.5m more points in the 3 days arena, making a total of ~10.5m without use items or runes.
    Getting the featured champ of the arena give 800 5* shards, that is another good reason to place high in that arena, even with a regular champ on it... but this time is Archangel, its a good champ so, its not gonna be low than the spiderman se arena.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    I'm afraid even Archangel vs Falcon doesn't break the rule about featured scoring higher; although he came pretty close, @NuHuman_2099:

sncxv7l4902f.jpg
    nqtqb9dqr6nh.jpg

This match-up does demonstrate that a strong and well-desired champ can drastically reduce the cutoff in the Featured arena though.

Whether Nebula managed to overturn Gamora last year I don't know; but it's certainly a long time since cut-offs were in the 2 million range.

Falcon's are some of the lowest cutoffs in the last six months or so; and even up against Archangel, he went for 5.5 million. A typical 'weak' Feature like Miles Morales will go for around 8 million these days.

What the scores will be this time is anyone's guess. Good luck whichever you try for. I'm going to go outside and do something else. For me, it isn't worth doing anything but milestones this week, but good luck to you!

Featured is not always higher... It ALWAYS comes down to who the champs are.
    For instance;
    This week is Spider-Man SE as basic and Archangel as Featured.
    Last time Archangel was in he was a basic alongside Falcon as the Featured. The end results. Archangel was 5-6 million.
    Falcon was 5 million.
    Archangel still had a higher presence.
    Last weak... Void was featured and was higher than Punisher 2099. Because Void is NEW.
    Early last year, Nebula was the Basic and Gamora was the featured... Nebula went for 3-5 million whereas Gamora was only 1-2 million.

Featured Arenas are NOT always the HIGHEST.
    Its alwayd dependant on who is on the arenas.

Edit;
    Also, Scores are dependent on arenas themselves. 5 mil in 4* Feat equates to 2-3 mil in 4* Basic arena because the difference in scoring for a 3* and 5*.
    So I am not looking at which of the two gets the higher score but the highest chance of winning with the amount of effort put in.

This information is just wrong.

Why post something if you have no idea what you're talking about?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I bet AA is higher. 8 mil for AA and 5.8 for spark. I will be grinding for neither but that’s my guess for cutoffs
    There has NEVER been a feature go for lower than a basic. FACT.

Though a few times it was close.

https://mbch.guide/en/arenas/istoriya-proxodnyx/
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Early last year, Nebula was the Basic and Gamora was the featured... Nebula went for 3-5 million whereas Gamora was only 1-2 million.

This is just a blatant lie. The only time Nebula was basic was in November when Hulk was the featured.

Nebula went for 3.6 and 3.5, Hulk when for 11m both times.

Not cool to just proclaim things as fact when they're not.

This is just a blatant lie. The only time Nebula was basic was in November when Hulk was the featured.

Nebula went for 3.6 and 3.5, Hulk when for 11m both times.

Not cool to just proclaim things as fact when they're not.

#AlternativeFacts
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Surprised no one talked about the real reasons why featured cutoffs are higher than basic, no matter the champ.

1) Only 800 people get the featured, while around 10000-13000 people get the basic champ.

2) Featured arena also gives a lot more 5* shards. Some people just do it for the shards.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Surprised no one talked about the real reasons why featured cutoffs are higher than basic, no matter the champ.

1) Only 800 people get the featured, while around 10000-13000 people get the basic champ.

2) Featured arena also gives a lot more 5* shards. Some people just do it for the shards.

Upvote for this... Surprised I had to scroll down to almost the end of the page before someone mentioned the 800 place cutoff. I'm guessing most people were too distracted by the spurious information they had to debunk further up the page.

@NuHuman_2099 Not advisable to ask for advice in a post and then start spreading your own false information in the thread.