Is battleground matchmaking fair??

So I just beat grandmaster today and started with battleground i played around 10 matches where in almost all of them except 2 I received an opponent who is thronebrecker have alot of 6* or in se cases even 7* and i who just started playing is competing with them with 4* and rank 3/4 5* I don't know if this is intentional but just wanna know what are the basis on which battleground opponent are selected except the battleground rank because I am at bronze which is the lowest rank.

This is my roaster

And this is the opponent I am facing..

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,824 ★★★★★
    Yes not everyone likes to play bg like someone els so there stil in there
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    You're matched with others in the same tier as you - at those lower tiers it's very easy to advance to the next tier so the relative cream rises to the top very quickly
  • AegonTargarуenAegonTargarуen Member Posts: 76
    At this point nothing about bg is fair
  • Muppet17Muppet17 Member Posts: 20
    I would say as fair as can be. There should be something done about the large accounts that intentionally lose matches to stay in the lower tiers. Starting out is tough in BG but as you grow u will see a massive difference. I'd advise against quitting out as you will lose all points and use these big accounts to try stuff out and hopefully become better, thats what i did anyway.
  • Logan00Logan00 Member Posts: 629 ★★★
    No
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,619 ★★★★★
    Maybe they're just giving you these matches because you're impersonating MCOC Noob and they know he's good?
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 553 ★★★
    Unfortunately rewards is also not if u win one match u will also get same points as a big account.🤷
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 5,072 ★★★★★

If you beat the Grandmaster with that account and you can't get out of bronze, I suggest you stop revive spamming and get good.

Unless you mean the collector, because I can't see that small roster being thronebreaker, especially if you're new to the game.

You have to mean the collector. After re reading you said you're facing thronebreakers with multiple 6*.

So you're just not ready for battlegrounds my dude.

Yeah he means the collector. Battlegrounds is first available to people when they hit UC so that must be it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★
    It's fair.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★

So I just beat grandmaster today and started with battleground i played around 10 matches where in almost all of them except 2 I received an opponent who is thronebrecker have alot of 6* or in se cases even 7* and i who just started playing is competing with them with 4* and rank 3/4 5* I don't know if this is intentional but just wanna know what are the basis on which battleground opponent are selected except the battleground rank because I am at bronze which is the lowest rank.

This is my roaster

And this is the opponent I am facing..

Genuine question, what is fair to you?

BGs looks at people requesting a match for each tier. If you are in Gold 1, anyone searching for a match in Gold 1 can be matched at you. We have had many different variations of matchmaking qualifiers but most were exploitable.

Given that bit of information, what would make it fair?
  • Sandip_Singh_05_16Sandip_Singh_05_16 Member Posts: 7
    I think matching on the basis of my tier which is bronze is fine as long as it is not the only thing, I think total base hero rating or prestige could be a good way to have bit more fair matchmaking experience and yes I am new so I accidentally wrote it as grandmaster it's collector that I just beat.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

I think matching on the basis of my tier which is bronze is fine as long as it is not the only thing, I think total base hero rating or prestige could be a good way to have bit more fair matchmaking experience and yes I am new so I accidentally wrote it as grandmaster it's collector that I just beat.

The issue is that battleground is a open reward game mode. There is no progression reward split therefore there won’t be a bracket split between opponents. It’s purely free for all. Also the opponents you are going against are also complaining about going against even stronger opponents. Just the way it is. Kabam doesn’t want lower progression players getting the best rewards out of battleground but rather story content.
  • Sandip_Singh_05_16Sandip_Singh_05_16 Member Posts: 7
    Well that's the thing because I am stuck in story progression i need to expand my roasted that's why I am looking for alternate options like battleground, side quest and allience stuff
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,603 Guardian

I don't know if this is intentional but just wanna know what are the basis on which battleground opponent are selected except the battleground rank because I am at bronze which is the lowest rank.

It is intentional. It is so intentional that it didn’t used to be this way, and the devs went out of their way to make it this way.

The short version is: if battlegrounds were a single match turnstile - you go in, I go in, we match against whoever, and whoever wins, wins and that’s it - then it would be fair for you to match against other accounts that look like you, to make that one single match fair. However, battlegrounds is based on seasons. Individual wins are not just wins, they place you above everyone else that loses.

It violates the basic premises of the game, and competition in general, if you could win over and over against other very weak opponents and leap past very strong accounts who have to face much stronger competition. It would mean that the more you grew your roster, the more likely you would have to face other players that not only have stronger rosters, but are also more likely to be more skilled and knowledgeable.

This game is about growing roster: penalizing players for growing roster doesn’t make sense. And in a competition the notion that very weak inexperienced players could beat out much stronger ones for higher rewards is also nonsensical.

The question is: what to do about matching against very strong players. And the first thing to realize is: matching is random. If all your match ups are against stronger players, that means you’re the only one that made it to your current tier. If lots of others did, you’d be matching against them often. So how did you get higher than everyone else of your roster strength? You must be better than all the rest. So of course the game is matching you against stronger competition. It has no other choice.

My suspicion though is that you aren’t actually matching against nothing but super strong accounts. More likely that’s just what you remember, but in fact you are running into other players like you. Those matches are just much less memorable.
  • dr2wsdr2ws Member Posts: 263 ★★
    Listen right, it is possible to beat accounts better than you, I actually nearly beat a Kabam Employee with nearly a whole r3 deck, (you played very well btw)

If your account isn’t as good as theirs, rest assured you’ll probably end up with the better deck and options, plus, this is game, do you not want it to be challenging from time to time?