**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

insane lag spike!!

anyone else having a stupid amount of lag.. my device is towards the more high end side .. anyone else experiencing this ??

Comments

• mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    I'm having this problem as well. Game was fine a few hours ago but now is just insane lag.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    anyone else having a stupid amount of lag.. my device is towards the more high end side .. anyone else experiencing this ??

what device?
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I have had it since yesterday in the faterday. Almost a full day ago.
  • theshiznit05theshiznit05 Posts: 107
    TheBlet wrote: »
    been having this for months. even worse against tougher opponents.

Same I don't think that's a coincidence.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    There are 2 situations in which the lag is happening -

ONE - Game issue - You request for HELP in Arenas and each time someone refreshes your champs, your game will lag. So, don't ask for HELP unless you are leaving the app or doing easy content.

TWO - Playstore Issue - If you connect your phone to charger while playing, Playstore apps start updating hence your phone might lag.

Otherwise, it could just be some random lag due to antivirus tool scanning your phone.
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143

ONE - Game issue - You request for HELP in Arenas and each time someone refreshes your champs, your game will lag. So, don't ask for HELP unless you are leaving the app or doing easy content.

TWO - Playstore Issue - If you connect your phone to charger while playing, Playstore apps start updating hence your phone might lag.

Otherwise, it could just be some random lag due to antivirus tool scanning your phone.

3. CPU isn't fast enough due to an older phone or too many processes happening that slows your CPU down i.e. emails, texts, apps, etc all working in the background.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I have had it since yesterday in the faterday. Almost a full day ago.

I wanted to say: yesterday.
    OhGodYes wrote: »

3. CPU isn't fast enough due to an older phone or too many processes happening that slows your CPU down i.e. emails, texts, apps, etc all working in the background.

In my case. None.

The game became bad maybe since v12.
    But worse "lags" happen sometimes. The last one started almost 1 day.

When the Punisher Arena I almost couldn't play due it. Of course i missed him.
    The week before were the problems with servers and same case.

Those problems go and I didn't anything, but if people (or me) don't say anything about the problem, maybe they don't go.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★

Asking for help for arenas has nothing to do with lags. Kabam never acknowledged that.

And your second and third reasons are even more ridiculous lol
  • KILLERKILLER Posts: 8
    Everyone in my alliance has been dealing with the lag in AW. at times it's almost impossible to fight. If you try and block an attack you're a day behind. It started right around the same time Aw started.
  • GertjeBEGertjeBE Posts: 6
    Please Kabam, fix this lag issue. It is making the game frustrating and no longer fun. Parry and evade are failing because of this lag.
    Enough examples have been geven in other forum posts, but the issue is persisting and even getting worse. Please share what you are doing to solve this issue, and what timing you expect to resolve this problem.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit
    Android and Apple are working on a phone which supports this game
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

Asking for help for arenas has nothing to do with lags. Kabam never acknowledged that.

If they haven't acknowledged the bug with help causing lag, what are they fixing in this thread?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34793/help-lag
    RedRooster wrote: »

If they haven't acknowledged the bug with help causing lag, what are they fixing in this thread?

They wrote in November once they looking into it.
    That’s it.
    I would like them to come out and acknowledge that this happens
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    RedRooster wrote: »

They wrote in November once they looking into it.
    That’s it.
    I would like them to come out and acknowledge that this happens

I took their modification of the title to including "Fix In Progress" meant it is real as opposed to "Under Investigation" which is when they're trying to figure out if there is something really there.
  • Since I was dong arena basically 24/7 over the weekend, I definitely noticed huge lag spikes during some fights, but luckily it didn't happen in any AQ/AW fights.
  • WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    It's the worst. Kabam is awful, we have ppl dying In war because kabam is so cheap