**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How much should I give up for blade?

I don't even have a 5/50 champion yet but everyone is just saying one thing, save for blade. Reading the analysis for my point in the game do you think I should still gamble for blade?

Using binomial probability to calculate the chance of getting blade with the rumored drop rate (20%), the chance of getting at least 1 blade in 1 crystal is 20%, in 2 crystals 37%, and in 3 crystals 49%.

To even get 1 or 2 chances at blade this is what I have to give up:

1. Mastery Units - I'm currently building suicides to do arena and content faster and just started to work on the first willpower unlock. Have the basic offensive mastery build setup and 2 points in despair (an accident), 2 in deep wounds and 1 in assasinate.

However, I plan to 100% finish act 4 before Feb 22 for those 3k+ shards. As you know, act 4 eats through energy and I seriously don't think I can finish it by spending daily energy so all the units I get from arena milestone will most likely go into energy refills.

I'm also going to try and have a go at uncollected to try and get the shards for doing 5.1 and 5.2 completion. Beating the collector will again take at least a significant amount of units even though I actively farm potions and revives.

2. 5* Basic Crystals - A for the price of 2 feature crystals I can pull 3 basic crystals. Going by my own tier list that I use, the chance of getting something viable (equivalent of demigod and above) is around 40% as of the basic crystals in Jan. Getting a blade crystal will allow me to have a 20% chance of getting blade (rumored drop rate) and around 32% of a viable champ which means there is a 52% chance at getting something good per crystal.

I have three 5* champs in total now and non of them are very useful for my point in the game. I have Quake, Superior Ironman and Karnak.

Essentially I am sacrificing some short term progress for blade. What are your thoughts on If I should go for blade or not based on what I have provided here.

Comments

• MasuaraoMasuarao Posts: 51
    edited January 2018
    No thank you XD
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    In my opinion, don't go for him. I think it would be more beneficial to get more 5 stars, plus the basic 5 star still has great champs in it. In fact, the last one I opened was right after maintenance, and I pulled Starky.
    That being said, I'm personally planning on saving for a chance at Blade, even though I know I'll have at most 2 tries by the crystal release date.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    dont waste units on suicides
  • dont waste units on suicides

Why not? If not do you think my masteries are good enough for me now? I fun the cruelty precision tree, full stupify, and basic defence tree.
  • zero7 wrote: »
    it isn’t worth it to go for blade, from what you describe. the place blade makes the most difference is in aw, among the top alliances (tier 1 mostly) because there are so many mystic defenders at that level, where mystic dispersion makes defeating those defenders much harder. blade is really good against a few specific defenders, and a few more with his synergies. but at your level, it is more valuable to expand your 5* roster. only buy basic 5* crystals for now- there are a decent number of great champs in the basic crystal now. by the time your are at the level where blade makes such a huge difference, you may have pulled him from the basic crystal anyway.

continue using your units for masteries, instead of trying to burn through content asap (i don’t think suicides are worth it, even with the pi hump in arenas, but continue to invest in assassin and deep wounds- those make a huge difference).

Thanks for the advice. So blade wont make a large difference of me in a long time until I can get into a top alliance and content up until that point can all be done with alternate champs?
  • zero7 wrote: »
    it isn’t worth it to go for blade, from what you describe. the place blade makes the most difference is in aw, among the top alliances (tier 1 mostly) because there are so many mystic defenders at that level, where mystic dispersion makes defeating those defenders much harder. blade is really good against a few specific defenders, and a few more with his synergies. but at your level, it is more valuable to expand your 5* roster. only buy basic 5* crystals for now- there are a decent number of great champs in the basic crystal now. by the time your are at the level where blade makes such a huge difference, you may have pulled him from the basic crystal anyway.

continue using your units for masteries, instead of trying to burn through content asap (i don’t think suicides are worth it, even with the pi bump for arenas, because they aren’t functional to use in most content, but continue to invest in assassin and deep wounds- those make a huge difference).

Thanks for the advice. So blade will only really matter until I hit a top alliance level AW gameplay and all content up until that point can be done with alternative champs?
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    There should be a deal for 5* shards coming soon.

The question is, how much are you willing to give up? Ever thought of moving to a smaller house?
  • MasuaraoMasuarao Posts: 51
    edited January 2018
    I geddit, haha. I'm a low spender, I'm not one of those whales who would sell their cars and houses for a blade.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Masuarao wrote: »
    dont waste units on suicides

Why not? If not do you think my masteries are good enough for me now? I fun the cruelty precision tree, full stupify, and basic defence tree.

They are awful to play with outside of arena. If you want to 100% act 4 and become uncollected suicides are going to make it much harder.

Max deep wounds and assassin. get MD. don't get willpower.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Blade is really only awesome when he's awakened. So take that into consideration and how close you are to getting a 5 star awakening gem when you decide
  • As someone who has a 4/55 Blade and used a lot to get him - I would say definitely go for Blade as much as you can, but if u r stressing ur unit stash TOO much to push thru uncollected or to finish Act 4 100% then don't do that. What too much is can be your own choice, but for me I had 4500 units that I saved up for months and decided to gamble and blow them all on Jarbjorn crystals and got him in the third to last one. And right now, I think that was worth it.
  • Joeswimmer wrote: »
    As someone who has a 4/55 Blade and used a lot to get him - I would say definitely go for Blade as much as you can, but if u r stressing ur unit stash TOO much to push thru uncollected or to finish Act 4 100% then don't do that. What too much is can be your own choice, but for me I had 4500 units that I saved up for months and decided to gamble and blow them all on Jarbjorn crystals and got him in the third to last one. And right now, I think that was worth it.

Since I've been told that suicides don't help me much I guess units ain't a problem right now. I guess its just down to should i sacrifice 1 basic crystal for 2 chances at blade.
  • Also how many revives and potions do you guys think its going to take to take down the collector?
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Quake is a good 5* pull. She's equal to blade if used correctly.

Also, kabam are buffing some champs this year and some of them may turn out reliable than blade.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Joeswimmer wrote: »
    As someone who has a 4/55 Blade and used a lot to get him - I would say definitely go for Blade as much as you can, but if u r stressing ur unit stash TOO much to push thru uncollected or to finish Act 4 100% then don't do that. What too much is can be your own choice, but for me I had 4500 units that I saved up for months and decided to gamble and blow them all on Jarbjorn crystals and got him in the third to last one. And right now, I think that was worth it.

This guy is right. Blade isn't just for war. He is useful everywhere. He just happens to shine in the mystic wars. Not sure why people think he needs to be duped to be great, he doesn't, definitely nice to have though. 1 really good 5* is worth more than 4 average ones outide of arena. Suicides are not worth it in my opinion. I unlocked them a long time ago and only use them for an occasional arena.
    The Collector is just horrible...depends on your team. 5 plus revives on him alone.
  • 5+ revives?! Thats not much, i was expecting something like 50 revives. Have been hoarding heaps via the 22h solo events and free crystals.
    Depends on a lot of things. Your team and luck. 5+++.lol
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Sell your sell if you have not already
    edited January 2018
    What gives the collector a bad name is you just can't expect to get him in a couple fights. You are going to die...no way around it and if you just need to get him down once it's not bad. Just do as much damage as possible before you die.
    The maps have some crazy nodes getting there though. It's been a while so don't remember them much but expect some pots.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm 0-14 on featured 5* crystals. I know guys who pull them almost every time and guys who have a worse record than I do. Maybe it's 20% taken as a whole but it seems to be much higher than that for some players and much lower for others. Save at your own risk lol
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It's 20% chance on each crystal so the % does not go up no matter how many you open. Am 1\19 on features but did get sparky out of the subpool is could be seen as 2\19
  • VenturaVentura Posts: 35
    My opinion is that you should go for blade. Pulling a god tier through the basic crystal is extremely rare and having a god tier 5 star will make progression that much easier and 'cheaper'. And lets not forget that blade crystal will be the last time anyone will be able to go for a selective 5 star champion, after which it will be even more so dependent on luck.

Secondly, Blade does not require awakening to be really good. His regen is a big plus point but is not central to his overall potency. If you also have a Ghost rider, this is a no brainer. He was my MVP in act 5, due to his synergy with Ghost rider.

My advice would be to take a chance.
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    Everything including your right arm.....
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    He will help you for sure and certainly no harm in trying but I don’t trust Kabam at the moment with the way they really singled out Blade with the change to the featured hero crystal.

To me this just screams they are going to nerf Blade or the synergies he has something just looks off, they’ve acknowledged to the community hey we all know your saving shards for Blade so we will let you have your chance and probably get him then we will fix him.
  • DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    @Masuarao ....some good advice here and as usual you get both sides which helps. All I can add is the following.
    There is no right or wrong answer, it depends on where you are in the game and what you want to accomplish.
    1. Suicides - I would use my units elsewhere, as a lot have said they are great for arena but a hindrance elsewhere especially when you get to some content that requires power control and spamming sp1 and sp2 just drains your health with recoil. Once you are further on in the game and are bringing in units regularly you can play around with masteries but I would use my units elsewhere as I build.
    2. Blade - I don't have him so I can't comment on him except to say this. One champ can make a big difference. Back before the big champion nerf one of the best champs was Scarlett Witch...as soon as I got her I made huge headway in completing some of the tougher quests which helped immensely getting those quest rewards for full completion....is Blade that same kind of champ...I don't know. On the other hand I have never gone for a featured champ as I would rather build my stable of 5* champs regardless of their desirability as each one can net around 20,000 points in arena battles. Currently have 25 5* champs which makes arena grind bearable. Included in those champs are X23, Hawkeye,Ghost Rider, Magik, Elektra and Drax so you can still pull decent champs in the 10k pool.

Good luck with your decision! I struggled for a while getting advice from people to help decide but in the end everyone has their own playing style and their own end game desire. It is a game for me, a stress reliever so I don't chase the pot at the end of the rainbow, I just enjoy the ride.

All that being said, I'm at the point in the game where I'm comfortable with my stable of champs and might hold on to some crystals and try for Blade in February, then again I may say screw it and just open basics hoping to dupe a couple of decent champs.
  • Alright guys I think I have come up with my solution. I WILL GO FOR BLADE. I know there will be an incomming nerf at some point, no champs are allowed to sit on the throne for too long as it makes the champion desirability stale. Our classic example is SW which got nerfed from a god of all level champ to a 'balanced' level. I think blade has a high probability of being nerfed but maybe not to the ground as he still keeps mystic dispersion in check. Since everyone is saying suicides are not gonna benefit me, I reckon my masteries progression can take a break while I invest in questing so I can get the shards.

As @DuMonU has stated, yes arena is a big thing and I am heavily invested in arena having a somewhat mature 4* infinite arena team and 3* infinite arena team. A 4* featured team is something that I really look forward in investing. However, I think it will be more beneficial for me to obtain my MVP as I enter deeper into the end game content. Blade also seems like a swiss army knife like SW, he has high attack with synergies to be a viable option in LOL and he also counters most things out there. The awakened ability is quite broken but I think I'll be miles away from getting a dupe unless i get very very very lucky, that 4% chance (for 2 crystals).

So to sum up, I will officially join the SAVE FOR BLADE team and wish all the luck to everyone on the team to get him.