**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Isn't it ironic that we are scrambling to get sooooo many 4* and 5* champs but in the end ..........

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
....... all we really need is 16 champs.

3 attack champs (for AQ)
3 attack champs (for AW when AQ is on)
5 defender champs
5 questing champs

Beyond this is really just for AW defender diversity and AQ quest utility.

Who are your current top 16 champs?

Comments

• Options
    ondalinondalin Posts: 11
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    You're clearly not an arena grinder. For them, every champ is important

right on !!
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'd like to add, I don't do every quest with the same 5 champs. I probably have 12-15 I cycle through depending on need/opponent.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You need the variety to play for different maps. Eg my map 5 team is different to my map 6 team and my Aw team changes each matchup depending on the miniboss and Path and my quest team changes depending on bosses.
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Thought it's gonna just say "It doesn't even matter"

Me too, Im glad you posted it!! :)
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I use about 25 champs. Anyone 5* rank 3 or higher and 4* 5/50 are all I use outside arena. Probably have 35 or so of those. I don’t use about 10 of them
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    My top 16 champs:

Kamala Kahn
    Joe Fixit
    Colossus
    Ironman (unduped)
    Iron Patriot
    Carnage
    Sentry
    SheHulk
    Spidergwen
    Netflix DD
    Falcon
    Iron Fist
    Thor Jane Foster
    Groot
    Loki
    Karnak

I solo AW, AQ, and all the event + story quest all the time. Easy game easy life.

Now just planning to make a run for RttL, RoL, and LoL.

#ionlyneed16champs

Nah, not possible, without cyclops how can you solo AQ????
  • Options
    ZappZapp Posts: 69
    As of right now, all you need is Blade, Stark Spidey and Ghost Rider. If you have that you win the game.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Umm you need various champs for different things. Try playing Act 5. You need more than just one team to complete it if you don’t want to be spending a ton on potions and revives. AWA and AWD, sure, they can be set, but you should really scope out your path to see who you should bring. AQ, yeah you only need 3 for that. And then there is arena, where you just want a ton of 5* to get tons of points
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    it's a collection game, i do not need just "16 top champs", i want all of them
  • Options
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    You're clearly not an arena grinder. For them, every champ is important

I actually forgot to say, the rest is for the arena. And yes, I'm actually my alliance's top 1-3 arena grinder. LOL. My point is that it's really just 16 champs we need in terms of beating content.
  • Options
    Umm you need various champs for different things. Try playing Act 5. You need more than just one team to complete it if you don’t want to be spending a ton on potions and revives. AWA and AWD, sure, they can be set, but you should really scope out your path to see who you should bring. AQ, yeah you only need 3 for that. And then there is arena, where you just want a ton of 5* to get tons of points

I got through Act 5.1 - Act 5.2 using 5* unduped R4 Magik with a crit team. But I understand where you're coming from. I suppose I forgot to mention that if your top 16 champs are actually mostly god-tier then you can most certainly clear almost the entire content of the game.
  • Options
    I apologise for assuming that I shouldn't account for arena. After re-reading my post, I should have actually said, You only really need 16 top champs to clear most of the game content, the rest is for variety and arena.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    raffster wrote: »
    I apologise for assuming that I shouldn't account for arena. After re-reading my post, I should have actually said, You only really need 16 top champs to clear most of the game content, the rest is for variety and arena.

Well, maybe you do, but I tend to switch champions based on what's confronting me particularly in master/uncollected and Act 5. And while its true you could just run all of 5.3 with a single team, for me that sounds expensive so I'm taking my time fully exploring 5.2 while I build up a better roster to deal with all of 5.3's class-specific shenanigans.

It is entirely possible to lock into using the same defense team, two attack teams, and one questing team forever. But that's something I'm unlikely to be doing in the foreseeable future. That's a bit out of my league to do that.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    I use 18 different champs in a day
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    My top 16 champs:

Kamala Kahn
    Joe Fixit
    Colossus
    Ironman (unduped)
    Iron Patriot
    Carnage
    Sentry
    SheHulk
    Spidergwen
    Netflix DD
    Falcon
    Iron Fist
    Thor Jane Foster
    Groot
    Loki
    Karnak

I solo AW, AQ, and all the event + story quest all the time. Easy game easy life.

Now just planning to make a run for RttL, RoL, and LoL.

#ionlyneed16champs

Nah, not possible, without cyclops how can you solo AQ????

That’s where play skill comes into play. Don’t really like Cyclops, he is too much of an auto-win.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    if only we could get the 16 champs in the first 16 crystals we open.....
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Honestly...
    Gwenpool
    Archangel
    Stark Spiderman
    Hulk
    Magik for normal questing, though I rotate often.
    Crossbones
    Captain America
    Thor
    Wolverine
    Dormammu
    Captain Marvel for AQ/AW offense...I rotate them with above often just to mix things up.
    Defense is always same:
    Phoenix
    Mordo
    Cable
    Old Man Logan
    Nebula
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Best 16 champs of my roster. Not PI wise but for usefulness.

Gwenpool (5*, 4/55).
    Symbiote Spiderman (5*, 4/55).
    Doctor Voodoo (4*, 5/50).
    Ghost Rider (4*, 5/50).
    Stark Enhanced Spiderman (4*, 5/50).
    Archangel (4*, 5/50).
    Thor (4*, 5/50).
    Hyperion (4*, 5/50).
    Crossbones (5*, 3/45).
    WW2 Cap (4*, 5/50).
    X-23 (5*, 3/45).
    Ultron (4*, 5/50).
    Star Lord (4*, 5/50).
    Vision (4*, 5/50).
    Wolverine (4*, 5/50).

Honorable mentions: Dormammu, Ice-Man. i haven't had the resources to rank them up.

No particular order on who's better or worse. also i have 4* Gwenpool (5/50). but i didn't want to show her twice lol. only the 5*s and Sparky aren't duped.