**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aq score odd

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
Our alliance did map 5x5 last week and this week. Our prestige increased this week over last week. Yet, we scored less points. We 100% all 5 days both weeks.

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Update: someone is saying the score difference is due to rhino being the mini boss because he has lower prestige. Does that sound correct?
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    Run477 wrote: »
    Our alliance did map 5x5 last week and this week. Our prestige increased this week over last week. Yet, we scored less points. We 100% all 5 days both weeks.

The mini-bosses are worth different amounts of points. Rhino is worth less than Mordo. Not sure of the exact specifics of it, but it has to do with base rating. A 1-1 Rhino would have a lower rating than a 1-1 Mordo.
  • TheDemonTheDemon Posts: 159
    Update: someone is saying the score difference is due to rhino being the mini boss because he has lower prestige. Does that sound correct?

Yes, it is correct!
    Thank you
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    TheDemon wrote: »

The mini-bosses are worth different amounts of points. Rhino is worth less than Mordo. Not sure of the exact specifics of it, but it has to do with base rating. A 1-1 Rhino would have a lower rating than a 1-1 Mordo.

Where can we get this information?
    You have a link or something?
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    Im seeing something similar in ours. we chart week over week, (theres been several rhinos in the past 8 weeks).. and usually with lets say a alliance prestige increase of on average 50 points, we expect a 800-900k increase in score. This has been steady for weeks. This current AQ, had a similar 50 point increase in prestige, but the point increase was only 60k, pretty much a flat line. This doesnt trend similarly to when rhino has been boss before.

Somthing seems off.

-ig.
    talking to other leaders, the day over day this week isn't consistent... something is off on day 4-5.

-ig.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Igu4n4 wrote: »
    Im seeing something similar in ours. we chart week over week, (theres been several rhinos in the past 8 weeks).. and usually with lets say a alliance prestige increase of on average 50 points, we expect a 800-900k increase in score. This has been steady for weeks. This current AQ, had a similar 50 point increase in prestige, but the point increase was only 60k, pretty much a flat line. This doesnt trend similarly to when rhino has been boss before.

Somthing seems off.

-ig.

Not really, you cap at some point. It's a known fact among the top alliances that scores fluctuate based on miniboss.
    I get that, but that should be apparent everytime you face a rhino. This week was different. Have asked a few leaders, and they saw something similar. So just adding my two sense to the OP.

ig.
    edited January 2018
    Igu4n4 wrote: »
    I get that, but that should be apparent everytime you face a rhino. This week was different. Have asked a few leaders, and they saw something similar. So just adding my two sense to the OP.

ig.

Okay, fine. Go ahead and eschew all known AQ point estimators out there. Good luck advancing in this game!
    hah. Enjoy getting worked up about a conversation. Take care.. enjoy the game as well.

-ig
  • AnwyllAnwyll Posts: 4
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

We noticed a reduction in total score with a significant increase in prestige from last round to this round which cannot be accounted for by the change in minibosses.

The day 5 score is the oddest element to this round's score. Despite a full clear of map 5 on day 4 for all 3 BGs and receiving the increase in prestige our score was only 600k higher for day 5 over day 4. Normally this is a 2m increase.
    Anwyll wrote: »
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

We noticed a reduction in total score with a significant increase in prestige from last round to this round which cannot be accounted for by the change in minibosses.

The day 5 score is the oddest element to this round's score. Despite a full clear of map 5 on day 4 for all 3 BGs and receiving the increase in prestige our score was only 600k higher for day 5 over day 4. Normally this is a 2m increase.

The problem though is the buffs for the miniboss do not change. Only the rank and level of miniboss and opponents that you face. This is why the score increase is so tiny for alliances that start with high prestige on day 1.
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

The problem though is the buffs for the miniboss do not change. Only the rank and level of miniboss and opponents that you face. This is why the score increase is so tiny for alliances that start with high prestige on day 1.

No, the miniboss does not change the score increase within the round. Yes it can make a small difference in total scores but not day to day.
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

No, the miniboss does not change the score increase within the round. Yes it can make a small difference in total scores but not day to day.

You obviously did not read what I wrote. If you started with a miniboss Rhino that was rank 2, level 35 on day 1 and moved to a rank 5, level 65 Rhino by day 5 then the points increase would be expected to be drastic. But if you start with a miniboss and other opponents that are already close to that rank 5, level 65 then your points have less to grow. Hope that makes sense. If not, then you probably are not in an alliance that should only be running map 5.
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

You obviously did not read what I wrote. If you started with a miniboss Rhino that was rank 2, level 35 on day 1 and moved to a rank 5, level 65 Rhino by day 5 then the points increase would be expected to be drastic. But if you start with a miniboss and other opponents that are already close to that rank 5, level 65 then your points have less to grow. Hope that makes sense. If not, then you probably are not in an alliance that should only be running map 5.

No I understand perfectly but I also have 2 seasons of data tracking daily AQ scores for map 5 and 6 including noting which miniboss is in play. I know exactly what happens and the coefficients used to generate the scores.

It does not matter which miniboss, across a wide range of starting prestige points, day 5 increases significantly more than day 4, just as day 4 increases over day 3, etc. The only explanation (other than a bug in their scoring, which has happened before) is that we finally hit some kind of diminishing returns threshold I am not aware of.
    hkle29x7zz1n.png

No I understand perfectly but I also have 2 seasons of data tracking daily AQ scores for map 5 and 6 including noting which miniboss is in play. I know exactly what happens and the coefficients used to generate the scores.

It does not matter which miniboss, across a wide range of starting prestige points, day 5 increases significantly more than day 4, just as day 4 increases over day 3, etc. The only explanation (other than a bug in their scoring, which has happened before) is that we finally hit some kind of diminishing returns threshold I am not aware of.

So I guess I kind of disagreed by agreeing with you where diminishing returns is connected to your boss rank/level explanation.
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 92
    I think after a certain prestige level in map 5 the only variable becomes what level dorm is. It's not diminishing returns. Just you not being able to get past a certain maximum score in map 5. Symboids for instance provide the same amount of points early on in AQ. Around 50k per fight. Regular characters take a little more prestige to max out the points they generate. Then mini bosses and finally Dorm.
    You don’t score more points by bringing in higher Pi champs, right? Score is based off ally prestige only (higher ally prestige = higher pi aq defenders)
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    You don’t score more points by bringing in higher Pi champs, right? Score is based off ally prestige only (higher ally prestige = higher pi aq defenders)

Correct, I think that was the point @TheOneAndOnly was making and that @Anwyll eventually got around to understanding and agreeing on as well.