**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* crystal shard reduction

Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
With the addition of all the new 5* coming up, how will we be able to get dupes of the 5* champions? I open about 1 crystal a month so I could essentially never get a dupe with all the new champs being added. Will we see the amount of shards needed to open a 5* be reduced? We can only take so many of them to rank 4 anyway so most of these champs will be useless to any player that has used all their tier 2 alphas. Several of these champs aren't great unless duped which will be impossible to do in the current state of the 5* crystals.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Im wil say im dont Think ther wil doing this But im wil love it If it wil be 7500shard. And let the fertuer be at the same.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don't think they will either, but I think the whole community will want this as well if 50+ champs get added to the 5* crystal
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They are more likely to increase shard availability rather than decrease shard cost, like they did with revamped arenas. It might just be increasing the amounts from alliance events though. Also according to past posts we should be seeing an AW update soonish which may increase shards from there as well.

Currently I get about 1 crystal every 2 weeks via arenas, alliance events and duping 4*s. So the potential is there for more crystals, it's greater the more you grind though. #GetInThePool
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    This game is supposed to last until 2020 so they are in no rush to make 5-stars readily available. Arena is a huge source of 5* shards followed by AW. Eventually you'll start maxing 4-stars and getting those max sig crystals which get you 550 5* shards total from a duping a 4-star. If you hit everything, you could surpass 25,000+ 5* shards a month.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    They should increase the shards we get from SA a little bit more, and from AW. They should add 5 star shard milestones to AQ.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    They should increase the shards we get from SA a little bit more, and from AW. They should add 5 star shard milestones to AQ.

They already have a 5* shard milestone in AQ. Do you play this game or just troll forums?
    I've been getting about 1 a month because I've been alliance jumping to find a stable place, but I hope they either decrease the amount of shards needed to open or make 5* shards more available. I always #Getinthepool lol
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Riegel wrote: »

They already have a 5* shard milestone in AQ. Do you play this game or just troll forums?

In AQ? There currently is no 5* shard reward in either rank or milestone rewards; my alliance is in the expert tier and they are not found anywhere. Only in AW. I agree with you Riegel, adding the shards to AQ somewhere would be nice

Lmao he is clueless. The only 5 star shards you get are from the event not in milestones. Do u play another game?
    edited May 2017

Lmao he is clueless. The only 5 star shards you get are from the event not in milestones. Do u play another game?

AQ Completion gives guess what 5* shards. Guess where? In the milestones. Oh man. When your alli has skilled players to do map 5x5 you'll get them. Thats AQ my man.
    edited May 2017
    DroidDoes wrote: »

In AQ? There currently is no 5* shard reward in either rank or milestone rewards; my alliance is in the expert tier and they are not found anywhere. Only in AW. I agree with you Riegel, adding the shards to AQ somewhere would be nice

I don't like the idea of adding them to the milestones for "AQ points". The game is already too prestige focused. I'd like to see them elsewhere.
    edited May 2017
    Lmao I am tired of playing map5. You only get the shards which are only 200 at the end of AQ
    edited May 2017
    Id like to see an increase in shards for AQ completion, Aw wins / exploration, and maybe add a new area altogether like 3 day events for milestone rewards not rank rewards. .
    Id like to see an increase in shards for AQ completion, Aw wins / exploration, and maybe add a new area altogether like 3 day events for milestone rewards not rank rewards. .

Love that idea!
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Speaking of changing the crystal content, I am just curious if anyone else has the feeling that the regular "premium" hero crystals, both shard and whole, have been changed to reduce the number of 3s and 4s cracked? Just curious. Seems like I am hitting fewer 3s. With all the talk of the upcoming changes it feels like the premiums got tweaked at the beginning of the guardians quest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Few points to this. So, I agree that an increase in Shards would be a good idea in the future sometime. Not so much for Duping 5*'s. Just the necessity of 5*'s now. Perhaps SA, War, most areas we get them. I think they are more common now, and there is more of a need, especially with the Featured Arena.
    Another side is that the availability won't really have an effect on Duping. The odds will be the same for every Crystal we open. We may have more chances, but it will still be the same. For example, we would have a 1 in 35 chance after the new additions to the Basics. If we have two Crystals, that's two chances at 1/35.
    There seems to be at bit of confusion about adding Champs. Some believe it will be more 5*'s circulating. That's not the case because the Shards needed to open a Crystal aren't changing. Just the possibility of what we will roll when we have a Crystal.
    Having said that, we could stand to have an increase in availability. It would have to be small because the 5* still has to hold value.
    Few points to this. So, I agree that an increase in Shards would be a good idea in the future sometime. Not so much for Duping 5*'s. Just the necessity of 5*'s now. Perhaps SA, War, most areas we get them. I think they are more common now, and there is more of a need, especially with the Featured Arena.
    Another side is that the availability won't really have an effect on Duping. The odds will be the same for every Crystal we open. We may have more chances, but it will still be the same. For example, we would have a 1 in 35 chance after the new additions to the Basics. If we have two Crystals, that's two chances at 1/35.
    There seems to be at bit of confusion about adding Champs. Some believe it will be more 5*'s circulating. That's not the case because the Shards needed to open a Crystal aren't changing. Just the possibility of what we will roll when we have a Crystal.
    Having said that, we could stand to have an increase in availability. It would have to be small because the 5* still has to hold value.

I agree it will become much harder to dupe, and will continue to get harder to dupe every month. 5*'s still need to hold their value, but I think shards should be obtained 20-25% faster. That's just my opinion others may have a different rate in mind.

I agree it will become much harder to dupe, and will continue to get harder to dupe every month. 5*'s still need to hold their value, but I think shards should be obtained 20-25% faster. That's just my opinion others may have a different rate in mind.

Perhaps. I don't have a suggestion on how much more available. Just moreso. It will still take an effort because we need 10,000/15,000 Shards.

That 1 in 35 chance of getting the champ you want will decrease each month. People who only have 3 or so 5* will be way behind in the prestige race to those of us who have 5* dupes. It will take them longer to get to the prestige the guys have who have been playing a long time. They won't have as good of chances at dupes that players had 6 months ago. I have only 2 5* dupes and I've been playing over a year
    Yeah, this forces top alliances to only go for featured champs, so in theory getting a 5* became more expensive. Many already do go for only featured champs currently, but if you want a better chance to dupe it will be the only way to go.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

That 1 in 35 chance of getting the champ you want will decrease each month. People who only have 3 or so 5* will be way behind in the prestige race to those of us who have 5* dupes. It will take them longer to get to the prestige the guys have who have been playing a long time. They won't have as good of chances at dupes that players had 6 months ago. I have only 2 5* dupes and I've been playing over a year
    The odds won't increase by reducing the number of Shards needed. I agree that Shards could be made more available, but the 5* is still the highest level we can get. It still has to have some value that is equal to its worth. Duping is rare. It's going to be rare either way. It's just the roll.
    edited May 2017
    Maybe making 5 star awakening shards from the specific class you dupe is an idea. Duping 5 star is so lame and useless rewards wise. For example if you dupe 5 cosmic 5 stars u get a 5 star coamic a awakening.
    Maybe making 5 star awakening shards from the specific class you dupe is an idea. Duping 5 star is so lame and useless rewards wise. For example if you dupe 5 cosmic 5 stars u get a 5 star coamic a awakening.

I don't like this, but I'd be down for more Chloe type challenges that have 5* awakening crystals at the end.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, this forces top alliances to only go for featured champs, so in theory getting a 5* became more expensive. Many already do go for only featured champs currently, but if you want a better chance to dupe it will be the only way to go.

This was the case when there was a time stamp on the featured champs. Now? Not so much. The value of 5* shards have dropped or are dropping.

Think of it this way... top alliances compete with one another fighting for the said rare resources, shards.
    With the removal of the time restriction and the randomness of the crystal, there's little incentive to fight fist and claws over them anymore.

With the value drop in 5* shards, the 4* are worth even less.

No one will be opening crazy amount of 4* to try to get the shards anymore. Value of the featured every 2 weeks should also see a significant drop.

The only rare resource nowadays would be the alpha 2 shards, which currently only available from map 6 crystals (or selling alpha). The amount ranges from 200-2000 per week.

Most of the alpha 2 has already been allocated. Without significant increase to alpha 2 acquiring, there is even less incentive to go for the featured.
    What's the point of getting them when you can't rank and use them?

edited May 2017
    I disagree. In top alli's it's a prestige game, and dupes provide the best prestige. With the 5* crystal being flooded the featured crystal should actually imo see an increase in purchase for a few reasons:
    1: Featured crystals are the best chance at a dupe
    2: Featured crystal now how a sub0featured aspect to them which also offers a chance at a higher prestige 5* if you miss the actual featured champ.

On your point of t2a's already being allocated. This is imo a nonfactor, as if you get the basic 5* crystal this still effects you.
    I disagree. In top alli's it's a prestige game, and dupes provide the best prestige. With the 5* crystal being flooded the featured crystal should actually imo see an increase in purchase for a few reasons:
    2: Featured crystal now how a sub0featured aspect to them which also offers a chance at a higher prestige 5* if you miss the actual featured champ.

On your point of t2a's already being allocated. This is imo a nonfactor, as if you get the basic 5* crystal this still effects you.

Exactly, I found one top alliance that accepted me for my skill in the game and not my prestige or my roster. Every alliance I looked contacted always said my prestige was too low to join them. I have a rank 4 5* but it's not duped so my prestige is only around 4500. Many players won't ever be able to enter the prestige race of the top alliances no matter their skill unless they get lucky and get the dupe. I think most people including myself will mostly open 5* featureds instead of the basic 5*
    edited May 2017

Hmm, Featured crystals are best chance at a dupe.. this is the first time I'm hearing about this! Maybe there's some secret technique that we don't know about? Thanks in advance!

In my experience, featured crystals - which I call the featured crystal of disappointment (which would be quite humane to include 1800 crisis hotline after the opening... yes thump, I'm thinking about you! Miss you bud!)

I have opened over ... let's just say all the sig combined > 1x00... worth of featured 5 *... and I have only duped 2 featured champ out of all those attempts...

Of the 7 featured champs I acquired, 2 are awakened with awakening gems, 2 were duped, 3 remains unduped....

The worst featured champ I attempted was quake...she alone...0/12...

Based on my experience, featured crystals are definitely not the way to go...

Unduped features might as well be garbage. My top champions are basic champs that unfortunately were duped from the failed features...
    eww.... there's time limit on editing our replies now!!!!! disregard previous message ! this is most updated version..

Hmm, Featured crystals are best chance at a dupe.. this is the first time I'm hearing about this!  Maybe there's some secret technique that we don't know about?  Thanks in advance!

In my experience, featured crystals - which I call the featured crystal of disappointment (which would be quite humane to  include 1800 crisis hotline after the opening... yes thump, I'm thinking about you!  Miss you bud!)
    I have opened over ... let's just say all the sig combined > 1x00...  worth of featured 5 *... and I have only duped 2 featured champ out of all those attempts...

Of the 7 featured champs I acquired, 2 are awakened with awakening gems, 2 were duped, 3 remains unduped....

The worst featured champ I attempted was quake...she alone...0/12...
    Based on my experience, featured crystals are definitely not the way to go...

Unduped features might as well be garbage.  My top champions are basic champs that unfortunately were duped from the failed features... and some actually have decent prestige! (No I'm not looking at you ironman, iron patriot, cyclops, rhino! Useless 100+ dupes with bad prestige....bad!!!))

High prestige players have used up their alpha 2s.  It takes about:

3600 from monthly event... 36000 to form one.. 10 months for an alpha 2.

Map 6 crystals -- drop rate seems to have dropped since new AQ.... this week 400 so far, prior to season 4, its about 2k a week:

8k / month , 4.5 month for 1 , 3 in about 12 months......

So give or take about a year to have enough to take a new featured champ to r4.....

So what's the rush?  It takes so long to rank 1 champ, better be sure that's the champ you truly love and play!

Thank goodness features are coming back, hopefully I can dupe them the 2nd time around!  Not in a rush though, enjoy the game, and go with the flow and enjoy whichever path this game continues.  Cost effectively. .