**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The only way to nerf Blade..

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
Is for kabam to release a champ that counters blade

just like how blade counters majiks unblockable damage

and how mephisto was made to become immune to icemans coldsnap.

We now waiting for an champion that can be placed in AWD where I see that's only chance of negating blade.

Do we really need more AWD characters to counter blade?

Just like pre 12.0 where everyone wanted to get there hands on SW. It's happening with blade BUT everyone has a "chance" at getting him.

The magnitude of blade Armageddon will be upon us soon.
Blade isn't the first god tier or the last god tier that will be relased.

Remember kabam is always thinking of making more money.

So don't let that distract you that they plan on making this game last 2020+ and beyond.

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Perhaps a new mutant named bishop will counter him 🤫
  • 410qb410qb Posts: 31
    The counter to blade is already in the game that's Iceman
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    410qb wrote: »
    The counter to blade is already in the game that's Iceman

I also have an iceman on my path aswell. but the main use blade to take down mystics

im really thinking a mutant might be the next huge counter for blade.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Another "Nerf Blade" post. Jeez you people just don't stop. Relax he's the flavor of the month. Just before the release of blade it was 10,000 posts about nerf Hyperion. Now you barely see those posts anymore. This will pass also. They will not NERF Blade. What they will do is make a counter to him. Just stop these BS posts. I'm 1000% sure you wouldn't be crying for a nerf if you had him. All these nerf posts are just pathetic!!!

I am pretty sure they will nerf Blade soon, or balance him.

It will happen around Feb/March and he won't be the only one.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    @ContestOfNoobs Those are GREAT pulls!!!! Congrats. Unfortunately I'm not lucky at all wt my 5* pulls.
    @ContestOfNoobs Those are GREAT pulls!!!! Congrats. Unfortunately I'm not lucky at all wt my 5* pulls.

yea and i also got stark aswell.

i love blade because he is the answer for mystic wars.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    A counter to blade would be one of two things:

A hero that is bleed immune (and passively reverses all regen would make them even more dominant).

A hero, like cable, that inflicts damage when thy bleed. Cable isn’t a tough champ to beat though, so blade is only stopped so much. But besides, spark will just run through the champ that is supposed to stop blade anyway.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    To be honest....I have Blade an Stark as 4* and IMO Stark is BETTER overall
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    nevermind, my apologies, I missed a few lines.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Lots of mutants already stop Blade, as he's very dependent on making opponents bleed; and even with synergies his danger sense only works against Magneto as all the others are heroes or mercenaries.

Iceman and Colossus are bleed immune. Beast, OML and Rogue all cut bleed duration by 70% or more. Mutagenesis can achieve even more.

The trouble is, these guys are great counters to Blade in offense; but if they're in defense, why would anyone use Blade against them?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Lots of mutants already stop Blade, as he's very dependent on making opponents bleed; and even with synergies his danger sense only works against Magneto as all the others are heroes or mercenaries.

Iceman and Colossus are bleed immune. Beast, OML and Rogue all cut bleed duration by 70% or more. Mutagenesis can achieve even more.

The trouble is, these guys are great counters to Blade in offense; but if they're in defense, why would anyone use Blade against them?

That’s my point. They would just use class advantage spark instead.
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    Shhhh just shhhhhh
  • Am I the only one who thinks people are a bit overestimating Blade? I know he's amazing but he needs some important synergies too. I don't think people would have been so crazy about him if he had a bad prestige.
    He's not as Scarlet which did all for you without any skill needed. You still need to know how to use him in order to face the mystic dispersion champs.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Asskicker wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks people are a bit overestimating Blade? I know he's amazing but he needs some important synergies too. I don't think people would have been so crazy about him if he had a bad prestige.
    He's not as Scarlet which did all for you without any skill needed. You still need to know how to use him in order to face the mystic dispersion champs.

If he is on a team with Stark Spidey and Dormammu....he does not require all that much skill against mystics due to his synergies.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    Asskicker wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks people are a bit overestimating Blade? I know he's amazing but he needs some important synergies too. I don't think people would have been so crazy about him if he had a bad prestige.

If he is on a team with Stark Spidey and Dormammu....he does not require all that much skill against mystics due to his synergies.

That’s the point of him.

Mystic defenders had their day. That’s all folks.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Comparing blade to SW or even Thor pre12.0 gives me a good laugh.

Go watch Thor's 200k hits in the 10 hit challenges on yt. SW was litterally unstoppable you would have regen up, be hitting 50k specials, while opponent was stun and power locked.

How again does blade break the game? Ohhhh sorry your mystic wars are ruined. I guess you want it to be Marvel Contest of Mystics. Good thing we even got free rank down tickets recently.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Rank 4 cable node 24 in t1 war and let them try to use blade to get through.

Iceman also a pain but if someone is running blade they are most likely using gr or ss...gr can handle the initial cold snap with ease
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    everyone keep talking about Cable and Iceman but you know I can force quit the game, take 50% penalty, kill the mutant with sparky and then regen by the next fight
    weavile wrote: »
    everyone keep talking about Cable and Iceman but you know I can force quit the game, take 50% penalty, kill the mutant with sparky and then regen by the next fight

or i could use stark from beginning vs ALL mutants...

• weavileweavile Posts: 288

or i could use stark from beginning vs ALL mutants...

well if they champion become hidden again then
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Just put a cap on his regen per fight
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Yea there’s this stuff called attack bonus that’s pretty important.

When defenders go hidden the only safe bet will be bringing blade against a mystic with the Dormammu synergy.

And if any defense places a bunch of mystics in a row, especially with void out now, they deserve what happens to them.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    Just put a cap on his regen per fight

It is capped. He regens to 70% and it's not like it's easy to regen every fight. I have an even better idea. How about if we stop with the nerf posts?