**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ban Wave Friday 19th January 2018

on5l4uh72017on5l4uh72017 Posts: 31
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
As many in the community are already aware, a number of players from a variety of alliances have been banned in the last 24 hours. Speculation is rife on chat apps with regards to the reason behind this, but as I am not one of those banned I do not know the reason and I will not post the speculated reasons for this as I fear this will make matters worse. What I am hoping to however is that Kabam will deviate from their normal policy and elaborate as to the violations for which players are being punished. I am asking this for two very specific reasons.
1. To prevent speculation, rumours and general ****. You don't need to give specifics, but something that gives a general idea of the reason will prevent a lot of problems without giving away how they were caught.
2. Most importantly, to reassure the player base who have followed your terms and conditions that the players who have violated rules that they adhere to that sufficient action is being taken to prevent cheaters getting ahead. Without quoting examples it is very hard to give examples, but I will say this. If someone is banned, whether it is permanent or temporary, it is because they broke a rule. There is a strong likelihood the rule was there to prevent them gaining an unfair advantage. If they are gaining an unfair advantage, your summoners who abide by these rules need to know that cheaters do not prosper.

Please, on behalf of the majority, the players who abide by your rules, show us the respect we deserve and let us know how cheaters are being punished. If you can't, then what's the point in us trying or spending any more?

Comments

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It looks like this post will solve nothing in that you're being as general and generic as possible to prevent the wave of people doing what they shouldn't be doing.

With that said, I don't care. If people want to be dishonest, and cheat, let them, kabam will find them and ban them. This is evident with the latest ban wave.

So with that said, it is speculated that they used a hack to increase resources. If you do this, you get banned.
  • Options
    on5l4uh72017on5l4uh72017 Posts: 31
    If they do that, will they get to keep the items or champions they get using the increased resources? This is the kind of example I'm hoping Kabam will answer.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    I think it's awesome that they ban cheaters, you know if you cheat or not so you know if you're at risk of getting banned.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    If they do that, will they get to keep the items or champions they get using the increased resources? This is the kind of example I'm hoping Kabam will answer.

If they are banned they can't access their account...
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

If they are banned they can't access their account...

Not all bans are lifetime. There was alot of nonsense when people were getting completion rewards for every run thru on master mode a few runs back. Guys opened a ton of 5 stars and ranked them up to get uncollected, then only got the materials taken away and a 1 week vacation. They still got their uncollected title and the great stuff that comes with it.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    As many in the community are already aware, a number of players from a variety of alliances have been banned in the last 24 hours. Speculation is rife on chat apps with regards to the reason behind this, but as I am not one of those banned I do not know the reason and I will not post the speculated reasons for this as I fear this will make matters worse. What I am hoping to however is that Kabam will deviate from their normal policy and elaborate as to the violations for which players are being punished. I am asking this for two very specific reasons.
    1. To prevent speculation, rumours and general ****. You don't need to give specifics, but something that gives a general idea of the reason will prevent a lot of problems without giving away how they were caught.
    2. Most importantly, to reassure the player base who have followed your terms and conditions that the players who have violated rules that they adhere to that sufficient action is being taken to prevent cheaters getting ahead. Without quoting examples it is very hard to give examples, but I will say this. If someone is banned, whether it is permanent or temporary, it is because they broke a rule. There is a strong likelihood the rule was there to prevent them gaining an unfair advantage. If they are gaining an unfair advantage, your summoners who abide by these rules need to know that cheaters do not prosper.

Please, on behalf of the majority, the players who abide by your rules, show us the respect we deserve and let us know how cheaters are being punished. If you can't, then what's the point in us trying or spending any more?

1. They cheated. That should be general enough.
    2. You can be reassured (as a TOS following player) BEACUASE this ban happened.
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    This was posted 2 years ago(19th January)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/41lpu8/kabam_now_banning_for_unauthorized_charges/

so guessing we can expect the same thing, 19th January 2020
  • Options
    SignumSignum Posts: 133
    Kabam won't say anything and they shouldn't have to. no other developer ever has, eventually the ones that got banned will bring the reasoning to light...and I will tell you this many years ago I got banned from World of Warcraft for using a bot...and they were right! I'm sure Kabam banned these people for a reason, albeit there might be an error or 2, I'm sure 99% of them violated the terms in some way.
  • Options
    The forums are not the place to discuss actions taken on individual accounts, including bans. Additionally, due to our privacy policy, we do not discuss any player's account with other players. Since there is nothing more to add here, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.