**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lagging on iPhone 5s

Seriously, it's been 2 month of me using my iPhone 5S. And every time I play the quest it's always lagging cost me a revive or two. Can you do something about it? And also, can anyone give me a tips of how to play without getting lag.

Comments

• Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    It is your device. I'm sorry but that device is now 5(?) years old? I don't think that device is going to run this game as smoothly as you would want it to.
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Same iPhone 5S and lag is so bad past few days. Usually its smooth with lag only every so often (pretty rare actually... seems some maps are more demanding then others maybe)... but right now is REALLY bad.
    Fluffy wrote: »
    It is your device. I'm sorry but that device is now 5(?) years old? I don't think that device is going to run this game as smoothly as you would want it to.

I honestly do not think this is the case. Its usually quite smooth for me and it changed for me and members of my alliance these past few/couple days.

Also 5S has the same processor as the base iPhone 6. Its pretty powerful and MCOC is a 2015 game (so the processor is only about a year or two older then the game... so not obsolete and Kabam I am sure wants it playable on as many devices as possible). Also since the game came out in 2015 I bet the iPhone 5S was one of the highest used devices for the game then.
  • Options
    Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    It really is your device. I had the 5, got the 7 a few months ago. Game changing!
  • Options
    Lunchbox45 wrote: »
    It really is your device. I had the 5, got the 7 a few months ago. Game changing!

Yes I agree throwing more power at it would make it better... but again something changed in the game recently that made it worse. The usually runs smooth for me.

Also again... when the game came out in 2015 the iPhone 5S was probably one of top phones this game was played on... what are you thinking has changed that now makes it obsolete?
  • Options
    DB350ZZZDB350ZZZ Posts: 53
    I’ve had the 5s since it came out and ios11 pretty much slowed down my phone. I also noticed it was affecting my apps, including MCOC. Bottom line is that the phone is old and Kabam has been making the game take up more memory in the phone. I noticed more lag ever since they started making us download more content after each AppStore update. I got a X and accepted that I had to retire my 5s.
  • Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    You are not rich enough to play this game ..
    Play candy crush or something
  • Options
    Anyways to the devs:

The game is buttery smooth most of the time but sometimes I get some really bad slow down (usually when starting a fight but sometimes when it happens it can last through the fight just a little bit). It only does it for a couple matches and then comes out of it and buttery smooth again for the rest of the session.

It could be from the app/phone going to sleep sometimes when in between playing? That seems to be when it acts up most so that might be causing it.
  • Options
    Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    As a 5S owner...I gotta second this...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I wanted to update this.

So it is not graphical performance issue as people think. How do I know? It happens even when not playing/fighting... like in just the chat menu. It is the app itself that is lagging, not the iPhone 5S's ability to handle the graphics.

Also I think the cause is letting your phone go to sleep and then waking it back up the app/game takes awhile to really catch back up and the catching up can take a long time if you try to join a fight when it is doing this.

But again other then these weird times that effect even chat and homepage screens it runs smooth... and the gameplay outside of these times is very smooth for me. It is just these times when the phone goes to sleep and you open it back up the game can lag for a bit like it's trying to catch back up with the time lost while it was asleep.

So for those like me who are having issues... try to avoid letting your phone go to sleep while playing (I know... the issue is we all ignore it between matches as a lot of us play while doing other things).

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    On 5s and no lag but did not installed the new ios 11. Got a 7 also and its fine too.
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    You can deny it all you want but your phone is too old. Hate to say it but get a 7 or better or a recent iOS tablet and your problem is solved.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Kennado wrote: »
    You can deny it all you want but your phone is too old. Hate to say it but get a 7 or better or a recent iOS tablet and your problem is solved.

You do know this game is 3 years old right? Its like saying your PS4 can run Fallout 4... but 3 years from now you will need a PS5 to run the same game. See now silly this is?

Also considering there is a well known ping issue with Arena "Help" that has nothing to do with how powerful/new your phone is (it is when you ask for help and members help your timers each and every time is instantly tried to ping your phone to add energy or time and this can cause the app to slow) I think you should not always jump to the "your phone is too old bruh". Not to mention users across all sort of different devices have experienced lag, or increased lag, these past few days.

You are right about one thing in a way... throwing more raw power at it would help I am sure (ie newer phone and hundreds of dollars later for a marginal increase in power... if you know anything about phones you know that it is really not all that much more power each year... and it gets less and less in terms of power jumps each year) but that is not the point here... it's not really relevant to what this thread is saying. Again, it's like telling someone on PS4 that the new update to Fallout 4 made the game a bit laggy and now the solution is for you buy and upgrade to a PS5 (You must see how this does not make sense... you must).

That being said the OP was having issue... but for me it only really happens when I let the phone go to sleep when the game is active and then re-waking it back up after awhile. The app/game has a hard time catching back up. That is it. So let me 100% clear here... when I start the game and go to play it is VERY SMOOTH on my iPhone 5S... almost never any issues with lag during normal play. But if I let the phone go to sleep and it backgrounds the app/game the app has a bit of a waiting time before it really catches back up and is super smooth again (this is more of a "background process" to "running" again issue then an iPhone 5S issue)... also the lag when it happens effect the game/app as a whole and not just he graphical fighting parts (ie the homepage, message section, alliance section, everywhere... so NOT a graphical power issue).

But if you would like to continue to say that the phone that was more or less still new when the game came out and has probably had billions of matches played on it over the coarse of the past 3 years is somehow just now obsolete for this game... well go right ahead... just know that is pretty silly given the facts I posted above (not to mention I would bet anything the game was developed for and tested on iPhone 5 when it was being made... I would bet anything).
  • Options

You do know that this game is 3 years old right (released in 2015... and I think t had been delayed an was expected in 2014 originally)? Its like saying your PS4 can run Fallout 4... but 3 years from now you will need a PS5 to run the same game. See now silly this is?

Also considering there is a well known ping issue with Arena "Help" that has nothing to do with how powerful/new your phone is (it is when you ask for help and members help your timers each and every time is instantly tried to ping your phone to add energy or time and this can cause the app to slow) I think you should not always jump to the "your phone is too old bruh". Not to mention users across all sort of different devices have experienced lag, or increased lag, these past few days.

You are right about one thing in a way... throwing more raw power at it would help I am sure (ie newer phone and hundreds of dollars later for a marginal increase in power... if you know anything about phones you know that it is really not all that much more power each year... and it gets less and less in terms of power jumps each year) but that is not the point here... it's not really relevant to what this thread is saying. Again, it's like telling someone on PS4 that the new update to Fallout 4 made the game a bit laggy and now the solution is for you buy and upgrade to a PS5 (You must see how this does not make sense... you must).

That being said the OP was having issue... but for me it only really happens when I let the phone go to sleep when the game is active and then re-waking it back up after awhile. The app/game has a hard time catching back up. That is it. So let me 100% clear here... when I start the game and go to play it is VERY SMOOTH on my iPhone 5S... almost never any issues with lag during normal play. But if I let the phone go to sleep and it backgrounds the app/game the app has a bit of a waiting time before it really catches back up and is super smooth again (this is more of a "background process" to "running" again issue then an iPhone 5S issue)... also the lag when it happens effect the game/app as a whole and not just he graphical fighting parts (ie the homepage, message section, alliance section, everywhere... so NOT a graphical power issue).

But if you would like to continue to say that the phone that was more or less still new when the game came out and has probably had billions of matches played on it over the coarse of the past 3 years is somehow just now obsolete for this game... well go right ahead... just know that is pretty silly given the facts I posted above (not to mention I would bet anything the game was developed for and tested on iPhone 5 when it was being made... I would bet anything).
  • Options

You do know this game is 3 years old right? Its like saying your PS4 can run Fallout 4... but 3 years from now you will need a PS5 to run the same game. See now silly this is?

• Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    I have iPhone 7 with latest iOS and have issues like lags , issue with dexterity , parry , broken blocks,,,
    Please stop putting these issues on the device.

People before also had old and new phones but why the issues are on a rise from the last couple of months.
  • Options
    Lol... wow the forum really had an issue with that long post XD