**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Honest Opinion on 6*s

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
I might not be considered a whale but I spend around 5-8K per year on MCOC and here are my thoughts as it relates to the release of 6*s. I do love this game and am on it all the time which does get exhausting. Now this is an honest assessment of my thoughts and feelings, I'm not bashing Kabam in anyway and rarely complain but I just wanted to provide my feedback to Kabam and their staff.

1. The 6* pool in my opinion is pretty awful in my opinion, not a strong class at all. A few good champs but no great champs being released. With that said it is what it is, kinda expected it to be this bad but that also means that Kabam should really up their game as expectations shouldn't be this low for customers.

2. My biggest problem is the rank up materials, I have a roster of 340 champs 720K rating (with most 2 & 3* champs not ranked past 1 so my rating could be much higher). With that said I'm disappointed that to rank up 6*s we have to use 4 & 5* materials. So now all those champs I'd like to rank up and thought I would....will basically be worthless as everyone knows in the game to stay on top you have to rank the highest star. So all the hard work and effort I put into 4 & 5*'s is now basically worthless as I have a ton of champs I'd love to rank to at least 4 let alone max out that I can't if I want to stay at the top of the game.

So I ask whats the point, I spend and spend and spend and never get ahead because rank up materials aren't plentiful? Why not add new rank materials for each group, this way we get to actually rank up our rosters that we are collecting. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing my rank 3 4*'s that will never go higher because they aren't worth wasting the materials I have to use on the 5* and now 6*. As you can tell I'm probably done spending as this pattern just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I stopped ranking 3*s long ago due to resources that need to be used for 4*s, but now I"m in the same predicament with 4* & 5* champs. To stay on top I'd need focus on ranking 6*s but again...they use the same material just double to rank up so now I'm stuck in roster limbo of champs I'd love to rank but will never be able to.

I would really like Kabam to reconsider ranking material, and make 4, 5, and 6* rank materials different so we can actually rank up other champs that aren't considered good or God tier and actually play with our full rosters.

Thanks!

Comments

• G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    5 to 8k. So 5,000 to 8,000$? Or did i read that wrong?
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    I'm mean not all people will have 6* but maybe the top 11% and the pool is not bad considering how much damage some can do such Angela, Yondu, and Winter Solider
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    So I ask whats the point, I spend and spend and spend and never get ahead because rank up materials aren't plentiful?

This will always be the case for something. It used to be 5* champions. Now it is 6* champions. This will change for one reason and one reason only: Kabam introduces something else even higher that is even more expensive. The creation of 6* champions allowed them to relax the constraints on the 5* champions, making them more available and making the rank up materials more available. But there will never, ever, ever be a case where everything in the game is treated the same in terms of scarcity. Something will always be not just scarce, but extremely scarce. You can get ahead of the 4* game and today you can even start to get ahead of the 5* game. Kabam will not allow you to get ahead of the entire game. If the players actually start to do so even with the limits in the game, that will force them to add something else even higher and even scarcer. That's how this works.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Honest opinions don't matter these devs are tough to crack no matter how much we want a change or want our feedback to have the impact we want it to, it will never be enough to change their mind and that is the only thing that kinda upsets me.

First the 5 star featured change look how much negative feedback there was did they care enough to do something about it? Nope.

I will admit this pool is not the worst thing but it is just not all that.

Rank up materials being made more and more available and more levels is something I still hope for
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Tensio wrote: »
    its incredible how kabam squeeze our passion to marvel universe with a very stupid method of adding another star. And now all talking about the new pool. But dont you remember that since the release of first 5* pool more than 1,5 year ago our first 5* maxed has come in dec-17? This game has lost all his originality. This game has never needed 6* champs only better content and more availability of resources.

right. hardly anyone has a maxed out 5* R5....and very few have 5* R4. It's just their way to extend the game another couple years.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Tensio wrote: »
    its incredible how kabam squeeze our passion to marvel universe with a very stupid method of adding another star. And now all talking about the new pool. But dont you remember that since the release of first 5* pool more than 1,5 year ago our first 5* maxed has come in dec-17? This game has lost all his originality. This game has never needed 6* champs only better content and more availability of resources.

Every time a game company adds another tier of stuff to chase in an MMO, there are players who complain about how unimaginative it is. What Kabam is doing is hardly original, but neither are the complaints players are lodging against a game design methodology older than many of the people actually playing the game, and one that is copied repeatedly because it is highly successful at attracting and retaining players to the game.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Think pool is decent
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I agree with OP completely, on all this. It's too expensive to rank up (Like $30,000 in item store) and the initial pool is bland. I'm sure it will get better, just disappointing.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    I might not be considered a whale but I spend around 5-8K per year on MCOC

Wow, I presume that's alot of money!!! :)
    just wonder what currency is that 5-8K in?
    US Dollar? Euro? British Pound? Bahraini Dinar? Kuwaiti Dinar? Latvian Lat? Omani Rial?
    I think in my list, US Dollar is the smallest among them...
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    I have to say I am THRILLED they do not require T1A’s!!
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    this poll look good it has some good and decent champs in it, its a nice balance that we can work with.

PS. "god tier" dos not exist, there no such thing.
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    i was about to say mee tooo , then i realized there is a "K" in the end of 5-8 :#
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    My biggest concern is how strong 6*'s are even at level one. At R2 they already overshadow fully ranked 5*'s.. IMO that shouldn't happen until R3 minimum.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    edited January 2018
    6 star champs are what 5 star champs were when they first came out.. and that is a trophy champ. in my opinion its kinda cool a 6 star champ at rank 1 will be as strong a 5 star rank 4 champ.. the pool is kinda weak but there are some really soild champs in this pool compared to what the orginal 5 star pool was.. the only 5 star you could really use that was undupped was magik.. everyone else was either complete trash or needed to be duped to be useful like star lord or iron man.. you cant have god tier champs just yet in this 6 star pool.. the game would be unbalanced just be patient and be grateful
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • I think the 6* pool is ok enough to start. Dont forget kabam arent going to just up and throw in some proper god tier champs that we can faceroll the game with.
    It looks to be heavily reliant on 6* AW defence champs. So from kabams point its more money for them as people will throw these in defence to give us more of a challenge and cost us more.

I think going forward kabam will be upping basic pools a bit faster than they did with 5*.

Also lets not forget this will be equiv of r4 5* champ instantly, for some people that will be an instant prestige boost if they havent built a team of 5x r4 to r5 5* chanps already.
    I just hope kabam change up the ancient rewards of AW and othet events to match that 6* champs are here
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    6*s will be irrelevant for at least a year.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    G0311 wrote: »
    5 to 8k. So 5,000 to 8,000$? Or did i read that wrong?

5-8k it’s nothing some players can spend this amount in 1 day on gmc....

Probably when they use discounted units.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    $8000 is only $20 (ish) a day... There are lots of guys spending more than that.

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    $8000 is only $20 (ish) a day... There are lots of guys spending more than that.

Thanks this post isn't about who spent the most, there are people that are near $1m dollars or more in this game. The point is I do contribute to this game and am a client who spends a decent amount of money on it and someone they should care about their opinion. Please keep this on topic, I already stated I am not a whale spender even though many of my friends in this game are.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    I just want to know what’s the point of 6*s when content can still be beat with 5*s. Yes I understand fights will be easier for us but not with the first batch of 6*s entering the game. I’m personally hoarding all my shards until I really need a 6*
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    They pick some of the worst 6 stars for the crystal.