**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My first MAX R5 5* should be...?!?!

MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Some things to consider:
- I've already 100% Labyrinth of Legends
- I'm at 12K 6* shards, and 6* FEATURED pool is approaching...
- I'm very scared of Blade getting nerfed...

My first MAX R5 5* should be...?!?! 132 votes

Duped Blade
43%
Vdh2008WARICK99RagamugginGunnerRB6942Alex_sc11cradlemanBigMoShrimkinsLeNoirFaineantIndrick781Darkstar4387Hulk_77Shynight00RaganatorNinjAlanSpity68mvk1996Romario26dangerbluDanicb94 57 votes
Duped Medusa
11%
BigPoppaCBONEErza_ScarletUsername819273943ReveWardenclockTellthemIAMDmack976637hydrogohardarsjumDreadnoughtBobomanPokemaster66SoSA__RemakesbdjdkAgentTeal 15 votes
Duped Sparky
13%
Neroa65JOHNOSA1995ZENCapWW2Angry_Asian17Sac123_RotellyKestrelleBlackspider90DhruvgMohit_7Savio444vinniegainzG0311SamuraiTCscience22michael874GamerT 18 votes
Duped AA
3%
tlhMoneygrabBUZZdog3000RasiloverBahamut 5 votes
Duped Modok
0%
Duped Iceman
4%
SnakeEyes69SpeedbumpTeddersLittleYinYinAgentDoom9BIGMAN119 6 votes
Duped Magik
3%
Gimli_SoGDarkrider05TugrulBeggElitehunterN1GHT0WLS 5 votes
They're already good at R4. Wait and see what 6* you get...
15%
Vossler77Jank39Jadedheruheru511DesT_ToxiCLuizParente19MasterTroller42chunkybcjs8000EB54LM796Drewbe14NiteAndDaeEaglehero2Crazyjack719taojay1My_SuperiorXFA_RebootedQulcks1lverZuko_ILC 21 votes
They're already good at R4. Pick another good champ to R4 instead.
3%
bloodyCainFeeney234Foxhero007ZzzSpiritOfVengeance 5 votes

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Preference order: Blade>Medusa≥Sparky
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Duped Blade
    I highly doubt they will nerf blade directly. Even if they do, I'm sure they would issue RDT to compensate.

My 2nd place is iceman. I don't think I would consider anyone else.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Duped Blade
    Blade duh
  • MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    For players who experienced this first-hand, how big a difference is it between an R4 and an R5 Blade?
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Duped Blade
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Blade>Sparky>Ghost RIder>Medusa>Hyperion> Angela
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Blade>Sparky>Ghost RIder>Medusa>Hyperion> Angela

He doesn't have a GR, Hyperion, or Angela. And stark spidey has pretty low prestige
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    Duped AA
    Blade is over rated in my opinion. I have him and he doesn't seem to be as good as people make him out to be. He is still a great champ! He is one of the best in the game but in my opinion their are better like SL, Sparky, AA, Medusa, Iceman not in that order.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    The champ you have the most fun playing with, duh.........
  • Duped Medusa
    Medusa! Insane damage and great synergies!
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    your options are between blade, spark, medusa, AA, iceman any of those are the right pick end of the day preference is up to you
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Duped Blade
    R5 Iceman as tier 1 defender would cause Ice Phoenix levels of automatic damage. R4 can get his base sig coldsnap damage up to 4K. On a node with big buffs to attack, could kill every attacker in 12 seconds.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Duped Sparky
    Sparky, Blade, and Iceman. I think it will be better to wait till they add more to 6*s. I should be able to get a 6* in march, but I'm going to wait. Still working on those 5*s
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Duped Blade
    Blade is so much fun. IDK that idiots making daily nerf posts makes it any more likely to happen lol.
    Duped Blade
    Congrats on a fantastic roster BTW
    Duped Blade
    @Jaded makes a good point though
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Duped Medusa
    I alot say blade but when it comes to AW Season you would want Medusa,Modok,and Magik on defense as blade is good for attack but think about the long run and 6* and don't forget AW is going to be much diverse by the Season
  • LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    Duped Iceman
    You won’t regret for ice man . But if can go for GR ..
    Duped Iceman
    Blade is amazing & great champ but compare to GR ... GR is really a “god” from 5% health can go back 100% ..
    Duped Iceman
    Medusa is good at AW offense and defense .
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    They're already good at R4. Wait and see what 6* you get...
    Based on what we saw for 6*, wait and see. If not a great one go for Blade.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Jaded wrote: »
    Screw it. You’ve got 100% lol done. Only rank up a champ if you need them to take on aw or aq. If you are comfortable with where you are at then just wait for 6* champs.

I concur. I think the same advice applies to the very bottom players and the very top. I understand you might feel pressure to rank up for prestige, but if not you've done everything and can probably do everything that comes out with the teams you have. Those rank up resources are hard to get, and in my opinion you should save them until you specifically have a need to rank something up. At that moment, it will likely be more clear which thing to rank up to help you out the most. But other than for prestige, I wouldn't rank up something with my rarest rank up materials when my current team can already do everything.
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Duped Blade
    Blade won't be nerfed
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Duped Sparky
    First....NOT CONSIDERING PRESTIGE

The real question should be who benefits more at 5/65 from a 4/55.

Blade, medusa,SL, magik are all awesome at 4/55 and I would leave them there.

I would look closer at champs who benefit from increased damage or health more and ultimately scales better.

This means you should consider champs that lack in base attack/health/damage that scales better @5/65 like AA, iceman, spark, GR. Utility is utility and is there no matter the rank. For example, does blades bleeds last longer at higher ranks for longer power gain? No. Does danger sense ability reduction potency increase? No. The attack boost might, but that is just because it is a set percentage of his base attack (even though we see values of course).

A little story. I chose spark so I will use him. What is his greatest setback? Block prof + health. Having 3/45 blade + medusa + spark at one point deciding on my first 4/55 i chose spark. I feel it was the right choice as his health goes up significantly and is actually greater than my 3/45 medusa and blade, and lets you play spark more recklessly as he should be played.

Now AA, while comparable dps in ideal situations as most god tier damage dealers, his base damage is awefully low, like GR, like Iceman. Iceman stilll has decent dps like GR, but that would be their biggest downfall. Having a 5/65 GR and Iceman virtually eliminates their biggest drawback.

Thus unless you plan on exploring LOL with AA (easier exteneded enrage timer) I would now cut him out of the race and one is left with three options.

1. Spark
    2. Iceman
    3. GR

CONSIDERING PRESTIGE back into the equation, both iceman and spark at sig 200 have relatively low prestige. Leaving us with GR

Save for Ghost Rider, he should be everyones first 5/65 in my logical opinion broken down. The one champ that does a bit of everything and has little to no counter (maybe blade, but how often do you run into a blade on the other side of the screen).

Remember I am not saying GR is the best, just the best at being 1 rank higher than your top rankes champs. (When you have a roster of 4/40s, but a 5/50 GR you do not notice the lack of dps, so apply the same basis to 5*s now, GR was my first 5/50 for prestige/better scaling).

Anyone who chose to rank blade over GR I really feel for, but to each their own, however if exploring LOL it is not a bad choice, you will save a ton of units with a 5/65 blade and support that decision 100%. Although its not like he would be needed for much else; for example if you cannot solo a 4/55 or even 5/65 AW boss with a 4/55 blade, then taking him to rank 5 probably wont help, and the least of your worries.
    Duped Sparky
    Jaded wrote: »
    Screw it. You’ve got 100% lol done. Only rank up a champ if you need them to take on aw or aq. If you are comfortable with where you are at then just wait for 6* champs.

Or this ^.
  • Pokemaster66Pokemaster66 Posts: 45
    Duped Medusa
    A medusa can do a faster speed kill than blade
  • MixkebabMixkebab Posts: 82
    @vinniegainz You have very similar logic as mine. Only problem is I don't have a 5* GR. But @Jaded is also making a really good point. It's not clear to me who I need to rank up because the answer doesn't feel obvious. I think in the near future, it will become obvious
    Duped Sparky
    Mixkebab wrote: »
    @vinniegainz You have very similar logic as mine. Only problem is I don't have a 5* GR. But @Jaded is also making a really good point. It's not clear to me who I need to rank up because the answer doesn't feel obvious. I think in the near future, it will become obvious

Ya exactly pretty much what Jaded said is the way to go at the moment with how scarce the t5b are and we do not know what the real next "challenge" would be. I just do not see a point to having a r5 atm only really for prestige use and maybe in war/aq (which a r5 is most likely not needed) if everything challenging where a r5 champ might make your gameplay more efficient (such as 100%-ing LOL which you have done).

Unless you are being absolutely forced by an alliance for prestige purposes the safest play is to hold out at this point.