**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is RNG?

LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Its been an year for me in this game and iv seen this word here and there what is exactly?

Comments

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Random number generator

Random number generation is the generation of a sequence of numbers or symbols that cannot be reasonably predicted better than by a random chance, usually through a hardware random-number generator (RNG).

Pulled from wiki
    It’s basically saying everything that you get from crystals is random.

Best analogy
    World of Warcraft loot drop system. I ran Black Temple every week, except for 1, since the raid launched. Never once did I see WarGlaives Drop. But the one week I missed boom one dropped. It’s a random occurrence that has no outside interference
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Thankyou for explaining although from my experience mcoc is no way a RNG based game. They can claim whatever they want only the game coders know the truth.
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Thankyou for explaining although from my experience mcoc is no way a RNG based game. They can claim whatever they want only the game coders know the truth.

That’s the essence of RNG you have bad luck some have good luck. It’s random. If you continued to have good luck would you say it was it random or just say “man I am super lucky/I am on a roll with these openings.”
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Rogue Ninja God
  • OndZOndZ Posts: 75
    Ask every World of Tanks player :-)
    We love this feature in WoT, really love. RNG on everything - damage (same here in MCoC i guess), accuracy, penetration. There is plus, minus 25 % of RNG for almost all parameters.

For example - your tank has specific canon with specific parameters.
    Its damage is 400 HP
    normal shell penetration is 175 (mm)
    there are "gold" shells with mostly the same damage, but higher penetration (those are of course more expensive, much more), but its not important

That means, you can deal from 300 - 500 damage to your opponent. But only if you penetrate his armor and your shell will penetrate from 132 mm to 219 mm of armor. So you can shoot on "paper" tank and do not penetrate him.

There is also feature called overmatch, which says - if your gun caliber is three times bigger (higher) than value of enemy's tank armor, you automatically penetrate. But this is not RNG.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Baby don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, no more
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Thats the first time I saw penetration and mcoc in one sentence.
  • DanshimaDanshima Posts: 12
    Trivia: RNG can be manipulated, but Not in MCOC (I guess), ‘cause all process occurred in a back end server.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    RNG stands for Random Number Generator AKA Bullshiz
  • Point goes to the @sslickers....
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Run N Gun
  • Lovingkid wrote: »

What specifically in your experience qualifies you to make a judgment on the randomness of a game?