**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What does "Increased chance" mean?

So i see 2 diffrent versions of crystals the regular " guranteed 2* with XXX 3/4* as rare drops" and also "buy this for increased chance of getting XXX as 4*" .... so what does the increased chance mean? you are more likely to get that champs? OR if regular crystal has say 2% chance then these "increased chance" have say 10~50% more chance ? or is it just word play ?

I ama asking because in a poor judgment call i purchased that 450 units deal & well lets just say Kabam didnt fail to disappoint me.

Comments

• SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    No one knows.
  • .0000737% chance.
    Happy hunting
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I always assumed it was an increase from the regular chance at a 4*. Not sure though. Could be any increase, however small.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    juST4fUN wrote: »
    So i see 2 diffrent versions of crystals the regular " guranteed 2* with XXX 3/4* as rare drops" and also "buy this for increased chance of getting XXX as 4*" .... so what does the increased chance mean? you are more likely to get that champs? OR if regular crystal has say 2% chance then these "increased chance" have say 10~50% more chance ? or is it just word play ?

I ama asking because in a poor judgment call i purchased that 450 units deal & well lets just say Kabam didnt fail to disappoint me.

"Increased chance" means the chances are higher by an unspecified amount. It does not mean it is necessarily likely. You have an increased chance of winning the lottery if you buy two tickets instead of one with different numbers.

I am unaware of any crystal whose "increased chance" was increased enough to be likely. But sometimes the odds are significant. For example, the featured 5* crystal currently has an increased chance of getting the 5* featured champion over other 5* champions. That increased chance doesn't make it likely, but it does increase that chance from being close to 1% to about 20%. That's a significant jump, and high enough to make the odds of pulling that champion better than 50/50 if you open more than three crystals.

Keep in mind people lose coin tosses all the time. Some people lose coin tosses several times in a row. 50/50 odds doesn't mean you win every other time.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Technically, increased chance could be .01% chance to get a featured champ to .02% chance. They aren't lying right?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    So basically there is one more in the crystal than the first time...
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Excellent question! If we only knew...😂😂😂
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    It means INCREASED CHANCE of baiting unsuspecting players to spend the units only to find out they still pull some 2* disappointments, since based on many experienced players' past learning, these 2* version of the crystals DO NOT SEEM to be any better than a PHC in terms of 4* drop rates. Sorry I can't present any statistical data of large enough sample size though.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    0.02% is an increase on 0.01%.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    "increased chance" is a notion related to bugs and lags not to heroes / cristals.

// just joking, of course. :)
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    should i tag mods here for answer? i see people tagging mods left & right and i dont want to be that guy...
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I always though that the chance to get a 4* where the same for all phc like crystals, but the chance of that specific champ is higher (so within the 4* pool, the changes are adjusted).
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Increased chance for a 2*
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★

its more of a 5% chance that raised to about 10%
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Increase chance to "see" 4 stars in PHC.
    VulcanM wrote: »

The drop rate from a 4* in PHC is closer to 1%
    And in a featured crystal that drop rate seems to be the same (I could be wrong about that) but when a 4* drops, instead of a 1/every 4* the chance is higher.
    Technically, increased chance could be .01% chance to get a featured champ to .02% chance. They aren't lying right?

technically yes, but i feel that everyone overreacts about kabams statistics, its probably much better than most people think, so like the chance might raise from 1%-5% this means that you could pull one in 1/100 crystals, but ehrn its incresed, you might pull it in about 20
    Gwendoline wrote: »

And in a featured crystal that drop rate seems to be the same (I could be wrong about that) but when a 4* drops, instead of a 1/every 4* the chance is higher.

i wasnt saying that it was 5% im saying that thats about how much the chance raises, also the 3* are about 5% so that might raise it to 10
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    It's a trap!
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    meaning of chance ... lol
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148

i wasnt saying that it was 5% im saying that thats about how much the chance raises, also the 3* are about 5% so that might raise it to 10

a 5% raise over a very small percentage is near impossible to detect so you're basically making up numbers. it would take tens of thousands of crystals when the rate is near 1% to prove a 5% increase. That means every 1000 pulls you would get 15 instead of 10, with variance you would need way more than 1000 to come to any type of certainty. Unless you have opened thousands of crystals that don't say increased chances and logged all the results, and also opened thousands of crystals that state increased chance and can verify it's about 5% stop posting nonsense.
    BDLH wrote: »

a 5% raise over a very small percentage is near impossible to detect so you're basically making up numbers. it would take tens of thousands of crystals when the rate is near 1% to prove a 5% increase. That means every 1000 pulls you would get 15 instead of 10, with variance you would need way more than 1000 to come to any type of certainty. Unless you have opened thousands of crystals that don't say increased chances and logged all the results, and also opened thousands of crystals that state increased chance and can verify it's about 5% stop posting nonsense.

He already confirmed he makes up numbers.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    It means chance is increased by 0.000000000000000001%
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    Increased chance of getting fooled by Kabam :p:p:p:p
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Increased chance for 2* champs that will help you in end game content.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited February 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    "Increased chance" means the chances are higher by an unspecified amount. It does not mean it is necessarily likely. You have an increased chance of winning the lottery if you buy two tickets instead of one with different numbers.

Real talk right here. "It's more than that other thing" +1

In the lottery though that second ticket actually has a definable increase number associated with it. To this point, in another thread, I do argue that without disclosing odds this game is not in line with the December apple TOS changes. Apple hasn't commented on if apps are grandfathered in or what enforcement will be though.