**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Announcing Special Quests: Trials of the King

Comments

• Options
    May17May17 Posts: 15
    Can the essences be saved for another week and have 12 activated instead of 6? Also, can a player enter the arena to see what champs are present and exit to make make the roster adjustments and then re-enter the arena? Or he just has to make the best guess the first time in and hope for the best?
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    @May17
    The OP says on the 7th day you'll want to activate all to get through as easy as possible but they only last 30mins so use when most needed (I doubt they stack more of the SAME ONE at the SAME TIME.. if you use normal boosts elsewhere in the game you can activate multiple different boosts but if you try and activate the same boost it gives a warning that this will wipe out the original one you activated)

YOU ONLY GET ONE ENTRY
    Once you enter if you leave without completing you leave the rewards behind.. It's a simple go in with the champions you're good with and hope for the best
  • Options
    Thx. @IOSJasoN . would have been nice to be able to select my prefer roster based on class and strength advantages. Also. I was hoping to skip day 7 and stack the boosters for the following week, since my champs aren't strong enough for expert without having to use revives and potions
  • Options
    edited February 2018

You can keep them, because they won't expire, but you won't be able to use more than one of the same boost at a time. For instance, you won't be able to use 3 Essence of Heart at once. Just like other boosts in the game.

@May17 (Hope I done the quote right sometimes it goes weird) Found this in the post Kabam Mike was answering a player asking a similar question.. From what I read on day 7 you can enter all difficulties once (beginner/ normal/ hard/ expert) there's 6 champions to beat (not just 3 like the other days) hopefully doing the other 3 difficulties will make up for the loss of rewards from expert..

There's a way around the roster from reading other posts it appears that everyone fights the same champions on the same day (not 100% sure about that but it appears that way) if you use a communication app and know someone else doing expert you could ask them to send you a screen shot of who's in there..
    Post edited by Kabam Sophia on
  • Options
    I don't know why the whole thing turned orange :-/ it was only meant to be Kabam Mike's section :-/
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Definitely not the same champs for everyone to face. Everyone has the same base group the enemies can be selected from that is in event info for each day but out of that who you face is unique. Obviously with only 3 enemies and so many players people can face the same enemies but it isn't guaranteed.
  • Options
    Good to know guys. Today at expert I faced yellow jacket, mordo, and void. Void caused me revives and potions. Didn't like that.

Good to know that on day 7 I can still reap the rewards of the lower levels if I fail expert.
    Too bad we can't use the same essences on any level we choose.
  • Options
    You're right @Crine60
    Players have faced different champs..
    It's unfortunate guess it is just a go in and hope for the best @May17 Good luck with it mate
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I fought BPCW, Mordo, and Void. I didn't have a good counter for BPCW or Mordo because I couldn't stun. It was frustrating because it was hard to avoid both bane and mesmerize without being able to to parry. I lost to Void and had to use a single revive to finish him. Definitely the hardest day in my opinion because of nodes mainly, but also the champs I had to fight. But still, 300 5* shards and I never use items really so I did it to finish.
  • Options
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I fought BPCW, Mordo, and Void. I didn't have a good counter for BPCW or Mordo because I couldn't stun. It was frustrating because it was hard to avoid both bane and mesmerize without being able to to parry. I lost to Void and had to use a single revive to finish him. Definitely the hardest day in my opinion because of nodes mainly, but also the champs I had to fight. But still, 300 5* shards and I never use items really so I did it to finish.

Because there's only three enemies on the map I think the best strategy for players that aren't good with Bane and Mesmerize is to bring the strongest offensive champs they have and just go nuts on the targets. You outnumber them almost two to one, you do not need to do fantastic to beat them. You might burn a revive or two, but nothing ridiculous.

I found Iceman and Rogue to be good options for Mesmerize because Iceman's ice armor absorbs stuns, and Rogue shakes off stun almost instantly. But to be honest as I said above, using something like Gwenpool is also good because anything that kills quickly, especially with damage over time like bleeds, reduces the chances you will get unlucky with Mesmerize.
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Because there's only three enemies on the map I think the best strategy for players that aren't good with Bane and Mesmerize is to bring the strongest offensive champs they have and just go nuts on the targets. You outnumber them almost two to one, you do not need to do fantastic to beat them. You might burn a revive or two, but nothing ridiculous.

I found Iceman and Rogue to be good options for Mesmerize because Iceman's ice armor absorbs stuns, and Rogue shakes off stun almost instantly. But to be honest as I said above, using something like Gwenpool is also good because anything that kills quickly, especially with damage over time like bleeds, reduces the chances you will get unlucky with Mesmerize.

Yeah, this was the only day I had any trouble with. Unfortunately I don't have Iceman or Rogue but I agree with what you are saying. I needed a champ would could reverse the stun or reduce ability accuracy but I don't have any of those either.
  • Options

Yeah, this was the only day I had any trouble with. Unfortunately I don't have Iceman or Rogue but I agree with what you are saying. I needed a champ would could reverse the stun or reduce ability accuracy but I don't have any of those either.

BPCW can ironically "reverse" the stuns from mesmerize and could be a decent option in this map also, even (especially?) against BPCW.

One champ I'm wondering about, because I've never used him against Mesmerize, is Karnak. I wonder if true strike messes with Mesmerize by blocking passive evade. I might try him in week two, unless someone else has tried him already.
  • Options
    Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    @DNA3000 Karnak does bypass mesmerize with true strike I did it yesterday. The issue is when it activates before you can even get your l1. Pro tip pair Karnak with a Medusa to have the true strike last 35% longer making it super easy to have it up 100% of the time once you reach your l1.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 @Spurgeo14

Rogue and Groot are good options as the stun wears off instantly
    Personally I found the best champ for mesmerise is Mordo.. When they try hitting him while stunned from meamerise he hits them with degeneration also means you don't need to worry about stunning BPCW if he reverses it again Mordo will hit him with degen
  • Options
    This is me doing Trial of the Infinite and pounding all of those enemies with a metric f-ton of Trials of the King buffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bATIRVJe60#t=50s
  • Options
    SmiiigolSmiiigol Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, cant delete this
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    With all of the buffs activated, Scarlet Witch was a beast for day 7. She was just awesome. Storm also did really well with having her specials boosted.
  • Options
    Ah...Day 7. Kabam, just finished expert, according to the above rewards, it says besides the 700 5* shards, two 5* sig. stones, there should be 2 tier 4 class crystal fragments, but I only got one. Can that be correct?
  • Options
    May17 wrote: »
    Ah...Day 7. Kabam, just finished expert, according to the above rewards, it says besides the 700 5* shards, two 5* sig. stones, there should be 2 tier 4 class crystal fragments, but I only got one. Can that be correct?

Just double checked my rewards and I also got one T4CC fragment crystal, and you are correct the reward table in the announcement post says it ought to reward two. That's definitely an error somewhere, and I suspect it is in the reward and not the announcement (I would expect master to have more of those than heroic).
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,683 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Can confirm that +200% recovery and Arc Overload on King Groot is a really harsh fight. Guess who didnt bring Vision or a heal block champ of any sort except AA.

Mordo also wrecks on mesmerise which was at more like 30% than 7, Better than one per combo for the AI, didn't proc once for me.

RNG Y'all.

Rulk at 4/40 did heaps of damage with 10 heats on board. I encourage anyone who has him to try him out in longer fights.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★

Just double checked my rewards and I also got one T4CC fragment crystal, and you are correct the reward table in the announcement post says it ought to reward two. That's definitely an error somewhere, and I suspect it is in the reward and not the announcement (I would expect master to have more of those than heroic).

I'm getting this too:

krs94dhwbdwa.png

Any chance the mods are going to look at this? One T4 shard crystal seems a bit light after that fight with combined mesmerise + bane...
  • Options
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Can confirm that +200% recovery and Arc Overload on King Groot is a really harsh fight. Guess who didnt bring Vision or a heal block champ of any sort except AA.

Voodoo also works well. Note: poison reduces the effectiveness of healing.

This event is highlighting the high utility champs. Champs that are almost always good to bring almost every day: Vision, Archangel, Voodoo, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Ghost Rider, Iceman, etc.

• Options

I also only got one T4CC
  • Options
    There is a definite error. I have not been getting the full rewards AND the boosts are not working. Cannot activate at all.
    Millz1914
  • Options

I also only got one T4CC

@Kabam Miike this seems to be a "take to the devs" moment. Is the error in the description or in the actual rewards?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike
    My in game name is richiee62
    I did the trial of resilience quest (expert mode) at about 4:30 am to 5:00 am GMT on 10th feb. But i did not got the rewards. Just recieved a quest crystal and a iso. Please look onto it and update me.
  • Options
    hjvrrpbhcdow.ico
  • Options
    I Tell You I Not Reward Wakandan Crystal
  • Options
    Its interesting how misleading this is:

That purple Crystal is a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal! In each difficulty of any Trial, there will be a chance for you to win either a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal or a chunk of Premium Hero Crystal Shards. The amount of Premium Hero Crystal Shards and your chance of getting an Ultimate Crystal differs depending on the difficulty you play. If you play Expert, you are more likely to get an Ultimate Crystal than if you play Heroic, etc.

When I read this initially I thought it would be fairly common to get these purple crystals. After day 1 I pulled one and that made me think even more so playing Expert would have a large drop rate for these. However, apparently not as many never got one and I haven't received one since. Its fine, because its just 3* champs, but it is interesting how they make it sound like the drop rate is high for Expert when it obviously isnt. Its "higher" or "more likely". This language is becoming very annoying because we dont know how much "higher" or "more likely" it is. Apparently not enough to make an measurable difference. This is why drop rates being transparent would be nice. Like the 50% chance to pull a 5* gem or ISO. Wish they would apply that sort of language in other crystals.
  • Options
    Its interesting how misleading this is:

That purple Crystal is a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal! In each difficulty of any Trial, there will be a chance for you to win either a Wakandan Ultimate Crystal or a chunk of Premium Hero Crystal Shards. The amount of Premium Hero Crystal Shards and your chance of getting an Ultimate Crystal differs depending on the difficulty you play. If you play Expert, you are more likely to get an Ultimate Crystal than if you play Heroic, etc.

When I read this initially I thought it would be fairly common to get these purple crystals. After day 1 I pulled one and that made me think even more so playing Expert would have a large drop rate for these. However, apparently not as many never got one and I haven't received one since. Its fine, because its just 3* champs, but it is interesting how they make it sound like the drop rate is high for Expert when it obviously isnt. Its "higher" or "more likely". This language is becoming very annoying because we dont know how much "higher" or "more likely" it is. Apparently not enough to make an measurable difference. This is why drop rates being transparent would be nice. Like the 50% chance to pull a 5* gem or ISO. Wish they would apply that sort of language in other crystals.

It sounds like your argument is with the English language. In English, "higher" does not imply "high." If the odds of the Wakandan crystal drop were, say, 1% in heroic and 2% in expert, the proper way to describe that in English is to say the odds are "higher" in expert.

And since the drop rate is a random reward from gameplay activity, it is unlikely Kabam or any other game company is going to feel compelled to disclose those odds universally. There is no significant movement of players to force game companies to disclose all of their random gameplay factors, just the ones involving monetary microtransactions. To force game companies to disclose the odds of *everything* that happens in the game is a burden I would not place on game developers. That seems unreasonable to me.