Captain Marvel's SP2 [Fix in Progress]

189101113

Comments

  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    **SNIP**
    Our original intention with Captain Marvel was to redo her animations completely, which would have solved this issue. **SNIP**

    @Kabam Miike , out of curiosity. How much time was needed to redo the animations for Hulk and Abomination for instance? Seeing how they are mimicking other attack movements from other champs (Hulk's L1 being Rulk's L2, Abom's L2 being Quake's L2 roughly), it should not take this long to modify CM to have some other L2 attack.
    There are a fair few champs that could 'lend' their animations for this.
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    @Kabam Miike how much more time will it take to fix this issue. Its been almost more than 5 months. Please quickly fix Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel SP 2 attack.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    @Kabam Miike how much more time will it take to fix this issue. Its been almost more than 5 months. Please quickly fix Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel SP 2 attack.

    Itwas reported "fixed" (May 15, 2017). It had been broken since launch, prior to this.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    @Kabam Miike how much more time will it take to fix this issue. Its been almost more than 5 months. Please quickly fix Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel SP 2 attack.

    Since he said 17.2 very likely two more months before we see the second attempt at a release for this fix
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    It's pathetic to begin with you've kept her broken for so long! I'd like to call you out on that being a low priority for you for a reason - perhaps her being too powerful and useful fixed compared to other champs?? It would really not surprise me if you actually did. @Kabam Miike
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    And when will Pure Skill be fixed then?

    yeah - Kabam has no desire to fix broken things that help players in the game. They only kinda fix the crashes because nobody would be playing if the game is crushing, but to fix broken champs to make them stronger, or to fix broken masteries to make them work - that goes against their profit politics...
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    Don't fix something that's not broken - to Kabam these things are not broken - they actually work in their favour. LOL
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    Bapoi wrote: »
    **SNIP**
    Our original intention with Captain Marvel was to redo her animations completely, which would have solved this issue. **SNIP**

    @Kabam Miike , out of curiosity. How much time was needed to redo the animations for Hulk and Abomination for instance? Seeing how they are mimicking other attack movements from other champs (Hulk's L1 being Rulk's L2, Abom's L2 being Quake's L2 roughly), it should not take this long to modify CM to have some other L2 attack.
    There are a fair few champs that could 'lend' their animations for this.

    I'm pretty sure they had a team of 10 coders making the changes for about 3 months to fix these two animations, 8h / day 5 days/week - no overtimes, they can't afford that!

    Now CM would probably take the same, so they have only one coder working on it total of one 8h day a week, so it's only gonna take 2.5 years to get it done in opposed to the 3 months in 10 ppl full time! LOL
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    The problem here is that fixing Captain Marvel wont sell crystals... Its a fix to an existing, older champ who hasn't seen an arena in the recent past...

    I do understand why she is not high on the Kabam priority list, but this is a good opportunity for Kabam to prove that they treat all summoners equally
  • Rank down for for her.
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    I don't want a rank down for her and mm. I like them so much, I just want them both to work.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    I'd much rather both work in the capacity they should have been working.

    I think 3 years of being broken, a false promise during 12.0's "open doors" and failure to deliver since is more than sufficient reasoning for RDT.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    And when will Pure Skill be fixed then?

    They should refund people like they did with suicides/willpower. Because pure skill got DESTROYED by diminishing returns
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    13 pages of Promises dating back to 5 FULL RELEASES, and many more patches. That’s outright unacceptable.
  • Not that I want to say I don't notice it, but the only "bug" or disadvantage she has is having to shorten combos to use a SP2, making sure it won't be blocked, and use her all the time (5* R4 - 120 Sig).

    On the flip side, her SP2 is ridiculously easy to block and evade. Her SP1 is something I wish they would change - you shouldn't be able to evade it and charge through the active beam. It, makes her one of the worst defenders in the game.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I get everyone's frustration, really I do.
    Making demands however will get nobody anywhere anytime soon.
    It certainly won't make a developer run any faster.

    However, seeing how it yet again hasn't made it live, I *would* very much like an estimate and/or explanation as to why.
    Yelling and screaming is anything but motivating. And yes, I'm annoyed. Have been for a good while, but not to where I feel the need to make utterly idle threats or ridiculous claims.

    @Kabam Wolf or any of your colleagues, is there any reason, update or anything else to share? I'm aware that the policy is to update when there is something to report, but given the time this has been open, even updating saying there isn't an update is appreciated..
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    I get everyone's frustration, really I do.
    Making demands however will get nobody anywhere anytime soon.
    It certainly won't make a developer run any faster.

    However, seeing how it yet again hasn't made it live, I *would* very much like an estimate and/or explanation as to why.
    Yelling and screaming is anything but motivating. And yes, I'm annoyed. Have been for a good while, but not to where I feel the need to make utterly idle threats or ridiculous claims.

    @Kabam Wolf or any of your colleagues, is there any reason, update or anything else to share? I'm aware that the policy is to update when there is something to report, but given the time this has been open, even updating saying there isn't an update is appreciated..

    It is expected to be a fix for 17.1 at the earliest or 17.2 at the latest.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/15056/captain-marvels-sp2-fix-in-progress/p12
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    Everyone on this thread is in a situation where they've been handed a broken product and asked to compete with it... Its not something we chose for ourselves, it was given to us by "RNG" and we've had to do our best to clear content with it, sometimes costing us even when we play perfectly...

    While I do understand Kabam not needing to prioritize something that doesn't make them money, I really hope they do the right thing here... Changing her animations would have been an amazing move on your part, pretty much giving us a new champion for having to suffer with the broken mechanic for so many months

    If you all dont want to prioritize those kind of resources on her, at least add her as the next beta testing champ, worth with us and fix her... we've been so patient with this, thats the least you can do for this small group of summoners
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 131
    I wasted rank down tickets on her because she just doesn't work...
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    edited February 2018
    damianohm wrote: »
    I wasted rank down tickets on her because she just doesn't work...

    Same here... It wasn't really fair to any of us, as she is an admittedly broken champion, that Kabam cannot find a fix for (yet).

    Im a 600k player without a single viable 5-star at rank 4 atm... Id rank her right back up if Kabam takes the time to fix her :(
This discussion has been closed.